• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

How early are people gonna head to Target? On Rosalina day I arrived about an hour and a half early, but I doubt that will be enough since the craze has only gotten crazier.

02f.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
my brother lives in corpus cristi texas and sent me a text about an hour ago saying a line is forming at his target right now for the release tomorrow...the thirst.

Oh geeze :/ I have several targets by me. As long as I'm within 11th in line, I'll be good for both S Mario and Purin. Another local Target hard about 10 more of each, but I don't really want to line up in the morning in that area >_> It's more centralized in town, so I feel like it might be worse and contain more scalpers as well :/

rjinaz

AmazonJosh said on Reddit he will reveal stock numbers for each Amiibo after they sellout. Not overly important, but will be interesting to know.

Looks like he won't

Oh, shoot. I responded from my inbox and didn't realize the context. I meant that I could confirm that a character is sold out, so you know you can stop refreshing.

Sorry, I can't share anything related to our inventory numbers. We've got a lot more than the stock I've seen some individual retail stores advertising, but obviously we're catering to the whole country instead of just a local community with our inventory, so it's still going to go very quickly.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Anybody know how long NWS is open during a midnight launch? What's the line like right now?

I had to go Astoria last minute and now I'm just thinking I swing by there as the rush is dying at maybe like 1AM

Animekatt

Every single amiibo I have ordered online has now shipped. All I need now is Silver Mario, which I hope I will have tomorrow. It's awesome of Best Buy to have my amiibo come tomorrow, which surprised me greatly.

Alright everybody, time to head out with our tents. Good luck y'all!
Good luck yourself!

I wasn't even sure where I was going to go in the morning but seeing as how Target seems like the best shot, maybe there? I don't know. I don't even know when I'm leaving really. All I do know is my ride will be here around 8. Pray for me, AmiiboGAF.

3rd in line at Meijer and they have 4 of everything.
Meijer? Do you mind if I ask where? Or what state at least?

Ibuki

Banned
Greninja is going to be the hardest for me to get a hold of. I'm pretty confident I can secure the others. Is the brickseek thing working for stock yet on Jiggly?

rjinaz

Honestly worried about how much money I'll end up spending tomorrow. Having to try and lock down preorders a various places in case of cancellations is costly. May my wallet forgive me.

Briarios

I have a hard time comprehending how Nintendo of America has the ability to fuck this up so bad. They've known for months what the sales demand would be. There is zero reason why stores should be receiving only 2 or 3 per sku, if that. It's ludicrous. It's literally money thrown away ...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I have a hard time comprehending how Nintendo of America has the ability to fuck this up so bad. They've known for months what the sales demand would be. There is zero reason why stores should be receiving only 2 or 3 per sku, if that. It's ludicrous. It's literally money thrown away ...

They're doing this on purpose to mess with us. Remember, this is The Year of the Scalper.

Not amiibo related, but I want to post this in a small community I enjoy rather than somewhere else on the site.

I bought the Nintendo-themed Humble Bundle and have a few extra codes for games that I already have or don't want. I'm willing to give these away, one per person to spread the wealth. Just PM me letting me know which one you want, first person to message me gets it. Here are the games up for grabs:

Steamworld Dig (Wii U) - claimed
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
OlliOlli (3DS) - claimed

BONUS: I also bought Don't Starve: Giant Edition, which just came out on the Wii U today. It included a second gift code for the game, so I'm giving that away as well. claimed

Perhaps the people that get the 3DS codes can play the games tomorrow while they wait in amiibo lines. See, this was on topic after all!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
OMG I ALMOST FREAKED OUT!!

Of COURSE the credit card I used for my TRU order got supposedly compromised (again...) and they are sending a new card. FORTUNATELY the rep said that they will keep processing orders until the 14th... *whew* Crisis averted with Greninja and Charizard! ...just need to update like, 20 pre-orders and hope that some online stores will be able to change the card >_>

Briarios

They're doing this on purpose to mess with us. Remember, this is The Year of the Scalper.

Oh man ... I missed that! So, the question is ... will there be an Amiibo? I need my Scalper Amiibo!

I'm afraid the only one's I'll end up with are the Splatoon 3-pack that I was lucky enough to order at Gamestop, though I think those will be easier to find.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Belleville, Michigan.
24 hour store
Central Michigan here. Mine said "Friday", but no mention of Midnight. I'm gonna check at about 7:15ish a.m. If I somehow don't get lucky there, I'm gonna head on up to Target & just get 2 Robins, Lucina, & Jigglypuff there hopefully.

Velcro Fly

Puff arrived at Tenso and I've already paid off the shipping fees.

Total was like ~$27 or so.

Definitely a better feel than fucking scalpers

Briarios

Just checked my Target's inventory ... literally 3 of every figure except Jigglypuff. That's insane. There are probably already 3 people there waiting now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, I'm 5 minutes away from my Meijer & it's 75 minutes until Midnight, but honestly, not sure if I'm up for it. Not to mention I was planning on going to Target already. Plus I've been feeling exhausted this week, I think I'd rather get the extra sleep.

Rizific

Yes they are. Signs should be posted on the door at close with quantaties.

thanks for the confirmation. errr brick seeker says the target near me is getting 3 charizards, 3 warios, 3 pac man, 20+ jigglys, and 1 of each robin and lucina. wtf...

Toki767

thanks for the confirmation. errr brick seeker says the target near me is getting 3 charizards, 3 warios, 3 pac man, 20+ jigglys, and 1 of each robin and lucina. wtf...

I hate to break it to you, but some Gamestops aren't even getting Lucina and Robin and like 1 or 2 Ness.

There is virtually no reason anyone should be going to Gamestop tomorrow expecting to buy anything.

LegendX48

Anyone else that waited in store for an hour during the gamestop fiasco get a call today about possible amiibo stuff tomorrow? Hoping to maybe get lucky there tomorrow since I get off work around the time that they open.

Rizific

I hate to break it to you, but some Gamestops aren't even getting Lucina and Robin and like 1 or 2 Ness.

There is virtually no reason anyone should be going to Gamestop tomorrow expecting to buy anything.

ehh, dont care much about those 3. if i happen to stumble on them in the wild, then ill pick them up. but i just want a charizard =/. anyone know how the stock at TRU will look? i know they seem to be pretty stocked with the greninjas, but when i called earlier today they said that only he would be sold tomorrow.

TI82

Banned

are you JERIC FROM THE LINE CHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom