• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it sounded cool on paper, but in practice it's nothing more than a hinderance. Not something I'm gonna be utilizing.

I wish there was a Chibi Robo pattern. :( Maybe they'll patch one in for him and some AC and Smash DLC characters.
I feel like they wanted to make it similar to the Double Cherry from Super Mario 3D World, but it worked there because they designed the stages around the powerup, while here, it doesn't work as well, especially considering it's 2D.

Yay, Walmart shipped my Yoshis!

By the way, how reliable is GoHastings in general? Should I feel secure with my Mewtwo order, or should I be sad I didn't place a back-up order elsewhere?

Josh5890

I must say that the Gamestop poster of the series 1 animal crossing cards has been incredibly helpful with keeping track of what I have. I hope there are posters for the other series
I'm not holding my breath though

I must say that the Gamestop poster of the series 1 animal crossing cards has been incredibly helpful with keeping track of what I have. I hope there are posters for the other series
I'm not holding my breath though

Are amiibo cards worth it? I was considering collecting but I don't know much about them.

Been out of the loop lately, though I did manage to get all three of the Yarn Yoshis today! I had to go to a THREE places to find a pink one (the horror!).
I see posts about Falco, Mewtwo, Animal Crossing, Mii Fighter pre-orders. Are (were?) these available and are they for North American sites!?

Bane

So did Best Buy's get just one shipment of the restock? I'm wondering if I should bother checking the store I went to last weekend tomorrow for anything new.

wilflare

okay guys help me out here.
does the AC: HHD game come with any exclusive card(s) or rare card(s)?
are all AC amiibo cards obtainable through the purchase of those packs?

is the Chara-Parfait card exclusive to Japan? so there's 101 cards?

EDIT: any difference between EU and NA cards?

ChrisD

Grabbed the last blue Yoshi at our Fry's. I figured they were rarer/hard to find so I bought it immediately instead of hunting later.

Then headed to Toys-R-Us over my false assumption that Mega Yarn was out already in the US. I don't actually need to buy one, but I figured may as well check it out. While there, I saw a dozen blue Yoshi, maaaaaybe four pink Yoshi, and then about twenty Shulk.

So Yarn Yoshi seems to have pretty good stock so far, just a store-by-store basis on which is more abundant. And wow at the restocks, I never expected to see so many previous store exclusives in a retail store. Hopefully the same goes for Bowser Jr., I didn't get him on launch day since I already spent so much on other amiibo + Mario Maker, but now I really wish I just grabbed him when he was easier to get.

At least I can finally say after seeing stock in TRU that I don't feel getting him is a hopeless affair. The situation is still not the very best, but it's improved tenfold over last year. =D

Insaniac

YARN YOSHI ARE SO CUTE I'M GONNA DIE.

zRmJhgM.jpg

starmud

6nMgFf9.jpg

First Amiibo launch I've seen be a flop in my district.... Busiest store sold half of their stock. My location sold two and one copy of the game. Poor yoshi.

Sadly joins the ranks of the chibi robo bundle ;.; which maybe will sell out over Christmas...

On the upside, it's nice to see launches in stock.

Velcro Fly

okay guys help me out here.
does the AC: HHD game come with any exclusive card(s) or rare card(s)?
are all AC amiibo cards obtainable through the purchase of those packs?

is the Chara-Parfait card exclusive to Japan? so there's 101 cards?

EDIT: any difference between EU and NA cards?

the game itself comes with one of the 17 special cards. It is not exclusive.

the first series (100 cards) are all obtainable in packs.

there are three cards that are supposedly exclusive to the Amiibo Festival Wii U game. No idea if they will be released in a later series or are only ever obtainable by buying the wii u game. if i had to guess i'd say the designs themselves might be exclusive but that the villagers would appear in later series but no one can be sure right now.

the only difference between EU and NA cards is probably the languages the names are translated into on the front of the card. They all function the exact same like any other amiibo would.

wilflare

the game itself comes with one of the 17 special cards. It is not exclusive.

the first series (100 cards) are all obtainable in packs.

there are three cards that are supposedly exclusive to the Amiibo Festival Wii U game. No idea if they will be released in a later series or are only ever obtainable by buying the wii u game. if i had to guess i'd say the designs themselves might be exclusive but that the villagers would appear in later series but no one can be sure right now.

the only difference between EU and NA cards is probably the languages the names are translated into on the front of the card. They all function the exact same like any other amiibo would.

thank you!
I suppose the new3DS AC bundle, and the AC NFC bundle come with special cards too?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
*sigh* I really want to get a new Villager variant now... Is there any specific day when they are supposed to come to TRU, or judging by those already shipped out, did they already show up in stores?

*sigh* I really want to get a new Villager variant now... Is there any specific day when they are supposed to come to TRU, or judging by those already shipped out, did they already show up in stores?

November 8th some stores are reporting getting 80+ in stock but of course this all depends on your area.

Nov 1... Nov 8... Nov 20... I'll be visiting that place a lot then >_> Good thing that TRU is close by to me.

yea i dubbed November Amiibo month as we have

Nov 1 - Mii fighter 3 Pack
Nov 8 Villager Restock
Nov 13 - Mewtwo, 7 animal crossing amiibo
Nov 15 - Mega Yarn Yoshi
Nov 20 - Falco
Nov 22 - AC Lottie

14 amiibo coming out in November >.<

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
yea i dubbed November Amiibo month as we have

Nov 1 - Mii fighter 3 Pack
Nov 8 Villager Restock
Nov 13 - Mewtwo, 7 animal crossing amiibo
Nov 15 - Mega Yarn Yoshi
Nov 20 - Falco
Nov 22 - AC Lottie

14 amiibo coming out in November >.<

...I will be broke this year. Yes, yes I will.

I don't even know if Lottie is exclusive in the US or not.

Right now, I'm not into the MYY or Animal Crossing amiibo

i hope not but her being a seperate release date from the others doesnt help the situation. Animal Crossingis my weakness as next to Zelda its my favorite Nintendo series so im in this for the long haul though i wish we could get some confirmation if we can use the cards that also have a figure in place of the figure since i have a feeling the NFC chip will be the same between the card and figure.

KingBroly

Banned
The more I see Mega Yarn Yoshi, the more I want it. But I will resist. The thing is going to sell out so fast.

Anyway, I finally got an Isabelle card today. So I'm only missing Digby, Joan and Lottie foils with 2 Kappns, Pascal, Tortimer and DJ KK extra foils. I said I wouldn't get into the AC cards, but...fuck

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
One more reminder for the new page before I go to bed. Will try to post one more time about an hour before it ends.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Yarn Yoshi amiibos. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one amiibo, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052322.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pink Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7B1E2FCE5FC03C1B - Taken by nubcake. 8 entrants total.
Light Blue Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7FA502D21D05BAA2 - Taken by Triforce141. 14 entrants total.

t1445116282z1.png

Piscus

It's kinda funny how quiet it's gotten, just a day after new releases and preorders went up...

pls come back, everyone

carlos

So I imported a chibi robo amiibo from japan via amazon for 20 bucks...good deal and saves me the hassle of having to sell the game later. (selling on ebay suckssssss).
Not interested in the animal crossing series, resetti looks weird with legs and not a fan of KK being bundled.

Camjo-Z

Got my Yoshi's Wooly World bundle. I keep changing my mind on this but THIS may be my new favorite. His in-game use is a bit unwieldy, but can be useful when you need an egg for that one little secret and there are none to be found nearby. It might not fit as well thematically for other characters as it does for Yarn Yoshi, but I hope they do more plush-style amiibo.

I kind of want the Mega variant too but seeing how that's exclusive to Toys R Us and in-store only I have no delusions of actually getting one in person. Hopefully online scalpers will be merciful!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That's what keeps me going sometimes, Diggeh. Will you ever leave us...?

YSkNTAx.gif

I couldn't if I tried anyway. Someone has to update the OT with all they new amiibo and random release dates and whatnot! :p

kirby_fox

Banned
It's kinda funny how quiet it's gotten, just a day after new releases and preorders went up...

pls come back, everyone

I only want the Smash ones, and not being here means I missed the Mewtwo preorders at Walmart.

Which is no big deal, because it doesn't look like Mewtwo is exclusive and stock has been amazing around these parts so it's not going to take much for me to walk into a store and grab one off the shelf if it's not exclusive. At least that's my hopes...

I managed to get two pink yarn Yoshis from fred Meyer (one for me, one for my roommate who in turn got me a blue yarn Yoshi) for 12.99 instead of 16.99 since they didn't put up new price tags and just hung them all on racks with the 12.99 tag. First time I've ever felt lucky buying Amiibos lol.

Got the game bundle too, so all but the mega yarn Yoshi are currently mine. :D

I don't think you'll need to worry. That pic is of a much more expensive figure that's never been released stateside let alone by Walmart. No idea how that ended up being the pic for their listing.

I found it hilarious because I have that MewTwo. It's a fantastic figure but I really don't need two f them.

InkoMint

Neo Member
We nabbed everything that went up on Walmart yesterday! I don't know if we will go for the yarn yoshis, we don't even have regular yoshi! I want the other AC ones, but I'm not interested on Lottie or Resetti.

Why isn't he angry looking with the face I hated so much every time my battery died? I swear I never not saved on purpose, but that's the point of him! I wonder if they were trying not to make them too weird looking.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
....guys, why did my FamiROB get cancelled from Amazon?

EDIT: Apparently they sent an email the day I ordered it, which I thought was just a confirmation, saying I ordered more than 1. NO I DIDN'T!!! I can't even talk to CS because I suck at Japanese. This really really sucks guys...

EDIT2: Emailed CS that was listed in the email as I basically asked if anyone spoke english in Japanese, writing the rest of the email in english. I don't get why they would lie about that? I double checked my order too and it's fine. Is it because it's getting forwarded, because then everyone here would get theirs cancelled.

Boogiepop

AC Mabel also up at Walmart right now

not posing someone's affiliate link but it's on CAG and amiibo news twitter

Thanks! Locked her down as well, so I'm in decent shape for now, though Lottie still apparently hasn't shown up anywhere, and I'd love to switch over to Best Buy...

Tirod

pls come back, everyone

Waiting for the Restockening 2 more than anything else. Still need certain pieces like King Dedede, Pit, Palutena, Ike, and Ness.

I've bowed out of the Amiibo race after the Smash line. As cute as Yarn Yoshi and the Animal Crossing stuff is, I've cut myself off.

pls come back, everyone
I'll never leave. This is my favorite community and we've come so far together, plus I couldn't leave if I wanted to, since they keep announcing more Amiibo I want. The Animal Crossing series is gonna break me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...did anyone else order FamiROB? I'm getting really worried on my order... Doubt I'll get a response for a while, since it's Sunday in Japan right now (and hopefully they have an english-speaker that can read my email).

I'm just beyond pissed that they accused me of ordering more than 1 when I clearly did not. Wish I saw the email before, but didn't think anything of it, since it came when I got my confirmation email.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
About 30 minutes left for the yarn yoshi giveaway (scroll up to see the post to enter).

Does anyone have a good comparison picture of how much bigger Mega Yarn Yoshi is, & I mean maybe something of both of them next to each other that isn't by Nintendo themselves which gives no sense of scale?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
About 30 minutes left for the yarn yoshi giveaway (scroll up to see the post to enter).

Does anyone have a good comparison picture of how much bigger Mega Yarn Yoshi is, & I mean maybe something of both of them next to each other that isn't by Nintendo themselves which gives no sense of scale?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EhgUeWoUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom