• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBoot

Anyway I picked up my Yarn Yoshi Bundle at Best Buy today. I checked out the amiibo section and they restocked big time. Fox, Marth, Dark Pit, Captain, TRU Pokemon. The Nintendo section was redone as well as mentioned in other Gaf threads.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with how that restock turned out. I got mine (Marth, Falcon, Pitoo) last week at a bigger Best Buy, but the smaller one I went to today for Yoshi still had everyone but Shulk. Gives me hope that I'll be able to get people like Dedede, Meta Knight, and Robin in a later restock.

Also makes it hard to keep passing up Lucario and Greninja every time I see them...must have limits...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, now I gotta scan 41 of my 43 amiibo to get alt. colors in Woolly World...

It's nice being able to unlock so much, but then you realize how tedious it is, especially when you have them on a shelf.

DarkKyo

Check this list, perhaps use ctrl+f.

You have 7 posts in this thread, so you're fine. I just wanted to impose the rule since I wanted to give back to the community specifically.

Edit: lol I'm in 2nd place for most posts right behing Diggah.

Neat, thank you! I do spend a lot of time looking at this thread even if I don't post here that often :X

RootCause

Me too :( I haven't bought many amiibos recently but he is one I really wanted... I missed him by like an hour today.
Just found out he went live. So it wasn't close for me either. :p
Good thing he isn't exclusive, Nintendo can't be that crazy , and make limited amounts of him. So not worried one bit, just wish I didn't have to keep checking so often. Lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, scanning amiibo in Woolly World didn't feel as tedious as Chibi-Robo, but that also had slow dialogue after each one you scanned.

Some of these alt colors are rather neat. Olimar makes it so the little things on the back of Yoshi's head are the colors of the 3 main Pikmin. Duck Hunt makes Yoshi's little sattle thing be a duck! I'd say the simplier ones like Little Mac or Sonic are the best because while ones like Kirby or Pac-Man are pretty much just one color, they're not too clustered like, say, Marth or Ike who have soooo many different colors on them.

Funny enough, I don't have an amiibo to unlock the amiibo shirt design. Maybe once I get Shovel Knight.

Alright, here ya go, a giveaway for a blue & pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Winner will be announced tomorrow at around 5:10 p.m. ET & I'll sent the amiibo out on Monday to the people who won. Again, please enter just ONE. I also added the "no lurkers" rule where you need at least 5 posts in a thread since I wanna give it to those who're part of the amiibo community.

US only, please, due to shipping costs.

Entered.

Going for the pink, because pink is manly! Hehe

Nori Chan

I'm usually a NIB kinda guy, but I think Im going to remove the yoshi's from their prison. They are far too cute to leave them in there. Time to throw away the boxes too D:

Lookie401

Alright, here ya go, a giveaway for a blue & pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo. Winner will be announced tomorrow at around 5:10 p.m. ET & I'll sent the amiibo out on Monday to the people who won. Again, please enter just ONE. I also added the "no lurkers" rule where you need at least 5 posts in a thread since I wanna give it to those who're part of the amiibo community.

Entered. Trying to win one for my sister. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Entered. Trying to win one for my sister. :)
Yup, don't mind this as all. As long as the winner is happy or knows someone that would make them happy getting it, you can enter. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if some people were getting this as Xmas gifts, especially Mega Yarn Yoshi.

I swear, Mega Yarn Yoshi is tempting me again because I just want to hug it. Being TRU however kind of made me want it less. The $40 price tag kind of didn't help. A shame I don't have a girlfriend to bug me how cute it is & would love to get one.

Skrams

Best Buy got me my Wooly World and Yarn Yoshi is adorable as fuck. I didn't expect him to be so small. He's the size of Chibi Robo or any other tiny amiibo. I guess it makes sense when they all have to fit in an amiibo box, but I didn't think about that. Hopefully Walmart doesn't fuck me on my Blue and Pink preorders from when they were $13. They're scheduled to arrive on the 22nd still.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can anyone remind me how to message modbot? Last time I followed the gif and still screwed up >.<
- Click the link to send a mesage to ModBod
- Subject line can be anything, I usually do "[blank] giveaway entry"
- In the message box, copy & paste the entire line for what it is you want to try & win. If you want, say, the pink Yoshi, copy & paste ONLY "Pink Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7B1E2FCE5FC03C1B - Taken by nubcake. 8 entrants total." & nothing else
- Send & wait to see if you win.

nubcake

Neo Member

This is awesome man! Going for pink because my blue one will need a gf :p

Nori Chan

Had to goto 4 stores before I could find Blue Yarn Yoshi this afternoon.

Bleh.

My gamestop said because they had so many of the game combos ordered nintendo sent them a million pink and blue ones that weren't even reserved for pre order. I went there like at 1 and they still had like 10 of each

Piscus

Yup, don't mind this as all. As long as the winner is happy or knows someone that would make them happy getting it, you can enter. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if some people were getting this as Xmas gifts, especially Mega Yarn Yoshi.

I swear, Mega Yarn Yoshi is tempting me again because I just want to hug it. Being TRU however kind of made me want it less. The $40 price tag kind of didn't help. A shame I don't have a girlfriend to bug me how cute it is & would love to get one.

Well, you do have us....

buy it

Yay! My Mewtwo preorder is finally showing in my order history. It's still odd they are using a pic of a different Mewtwo figure though. Hope I don't get that one.

Yay! My Mewtwo preorder is finally showing in my order history. It's still odd they are using a pic of a different Mewtwo figure though. Hope I don't get that one.

I think there is only one Mewtwo right? Not familiar but am hoping for the best I mean unless there is another Mewtwo coming out at that time we will get the right one. All of my orders are showing up in the track order status too, amiibo 3 pack, tom nook, and mewtwo

I don't think you'll need to worry. That pic is of a much more expensive figure that's never been released stateside let alone by Walmart. No idea how that ended up being the pic for their listing.

So I get 90% of my amiibo from a Independant store but they mark up amiibo 10-20$ depending on demand unless you preorder and pay in full.

Well yarn yoshi is popular in my city,
I prepaid 27$ including tax for green yarn yoshi and the owner wanted 15$ more because yarn yoshi is hot so I told him that sucks since I paid in full so the owner gave me refund and banned me from store lol

Piscus

So I get 90% of my amiibo from a Independant store but they mark up amiibo 10-20$ depending on demand unless you preorder and pay in full.

I prepaid 27$ including tax for green yarn yoshi and the owner wanted 15$ more because yarn yoshi is hot so I told him that sucks since I paid in full so the owner gave me refund and banned me from store lol

umm... where is this store?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I can scan Chibi-Robo for the amiibo shirt. & he makes 44 amiibo I own.

I'm actually not fond of the "double Yoshi" ability that the amiibo gives you. It's more of a pain at times because if you want to eat something, the Yoshi behind you eats you up. I'm sure at times it can be helpful, but I'll stick with just the costumes.

umm... where is this store?
In Vancouver on Kingsway and Clark I didint really mind paying more on amiibo since it was such a pain in the ass to find them but asking me for more after paying full left a sour taste in my mouth I'm hoping we can work things out after he's cooled down I'm just not crazy about being told to pay more because the amiibo I paid for is hard to get

Piscus

In Vancouver on Kingsway and Clark I didint really mind paying more on amiibo since it was such a pain in the ass to find them but asking me for more after paying full left a sour taste in my mouth I'm hoping we can work things out after he's cooled down I'm just not crazy about being told to pay more because the amiibo I paid for is hard to get
Pretty douchey move from the store owner, for sure. Not the best way to build customer loyalty.

So I've heard that the Mega Yoshi launched with the game today in Canada? Any Canadian GAFers get a chance to grab it and/or see what the stock was like?

KingBroly

Banned
I went and got an insurance Pink and Blue Yoshi from Target in case Walmart decides 'eh we're not going to ship you these at a discounted price.' Walmart will more than likely come through, though. My Target didn't even have pegs out for them. I had to find a random blue one on the counter and then ask for someone to see if they had a Pink. My Target sucks.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty douchey move from the store owner, for sure. Not the best way to build customer loyalty.

Yeah that's terrible. You should've been like "ok guess I'll buy it online instead for cheaper". Something threateninh-sounding. Some people try to over profit and it's gross, which they try and sit and wait on then get money now.

(Negative Yelp review them :p)

So, I had pink and green already preordered. I was missing blue.

I forgot they came out today. Walked into Best Buy around noon and they had one blue left.

There was a guy looking at the pink one on the normal amiibo diaplay and I would assume he was searching for the blue. There was a second display of amiibo with a "look who's back" sign on it. It was fullof restocks. I checked the back of it and there was two pink and a blue Yoshi.

Good day.

mstevens

Can't believe it... Went to Best Buy and toys r us to hopefully get a greninja and blue yoshi and got both!! That hasn't happened in so long.

Also as I was leaving, a Best Buy employee came in with a bag from toys r us.. I guess he was sent to get him and his coworkers some
Blue Yoshi and he was passing them out haha

Yarbskoo

What.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, D-Arts Mewtwo is a fantastic figure. I got mine a while back and have no regrets.

Today's Amiibo that I unintentionally bought today:
E217F185-416C-4223-B3BD-219FE3496E26_zpskbnkrgue.jpg

And the list of Amiibo that I intentionally bought:
- Blue yarn Yoshi (Amazon)
- Falco (Best Buy preorder)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For the new page, reminder of the giveaway for the pink & light blue Yarn Yoshis:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Yarn Yoshi amiibos. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one amiibo, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052322.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pink Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7B1E2FCE5FC03C1B - Taken by nubcake. 8 entrants total.
Light Blue Yarn Yoshi -- MB-7FA502D21D05BAA2 - Taken by Triforce141. 14 entrants total.

t1445116282z1.png
I might post another reminder when I get home from work & once again when I wake up around 2 or 3 p.m. (I work 3rd shift). I'll hopefully get them sent out to the winners on Monday assuming I can get their addresses tomorrow or Sunday.

Feels nice having an income again in order to do nice things like another amiibo giveaway.

Drago

Oh right, I can scan Chibi-Robo for the amiibo shirt. & he makes 44 amiibo I own.

I'm actually not fond of the "double Yoshi" ability that the amiibo gives you. It's more of a pain at times because if you want to eat something, the Yoshi behind you eats you up. I'm sure at times it can be helpful, but I'll stick with just the costumes.
Yeah, it sounded cool on paper, but in practice it's nothing more than a hinderance. Not something I'm gonna be utilizing.

I wish there was a Chibi Robo pattern. :( Maybe they'll patch one in for him and some AC and Smash DLC characters.

Haven't bought any Amiibo in a while and sort of forgot the Blue and Pink Yoshis were out today >_>

If anyone got an extra, I'd be happy to pay a bit extra for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom