• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

...did anyone else order FamiROB? I'm getting really worried on my order... Doubt I'll get a response for a while, since it's Sunday in Japan right now (and hopefully they have an english-speaker that can read my email).

I'm just beyond pissed that they accused me of ordering more than 1 when I clearly did not. Wish I saw the email before, but didn't think anything of it, since it came when I got my confirmation email.
I ordered it too, no problems on my end far as I can tell.

Hope you get things sorted out!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered it too, no problems on my end far as I can tell.

Hope you get things sorted out!

Did you order through BiJ's address or someone else?

Ugh so annoying... If I don't get a favorable reply within the next day or so, I wonder if anyone fluent in Japanese could help me write out an email. (Or if anyone living in Japan could mail me one at cost+shipping).

Hmmm, so it does seem about 3x the size. Well I guess I'll see how much money I have considering I'm saving up for a PS4 for Black Friday.

Also, WINNERS FOR THE YARN YOSHIS!!

nubcake - Pink Yarn Yoshi
Triforce141 - Light Blue Yoshi

Contact me with your names & addresses so I can get them ready to send out Monday.

Hey, I won.

I'll pm you later.

nubcake

Neo Member
Hmmm, so it does seem about 3x the size. Well I guess I'll see how much money I have considering I'm saving up for a PS4 for Black Friday.

Also, WINNERS FOR THE YARN YOSHIS!!

nubcake - Pink Yarn Yoshi
Triforce141 - Light Blue Yoshi

Contact me with your names & addresses so I can get them ready to send out Monday.

Heck yes! You are awesome for doing this. PMing now.

Maengun1

I checked GameStop for the Woolly World bundle this afternoon and they were sold out (I expected as much), but then tried Wal-Mart and was surprised to see they had the bundle as well as the blue and pink yoshis!

I limited myself to just the bundle....I have been eagerly anticipating the game and a yarn amiibo for just $10 more is a great deal. It really is a cute little thing.

Defect

Went to TRU today and came home with the bundle and both pink and blue yarns. Wanted the Chibi robo bundle too but it'll probably stay in stock for a good while.

Boogiepop

Did you order through BiJ's address or someone else?

Ugh so annoying... If I don't get a favorable reply within the next day or so, I wonder if anyone fluent in Japanese could help me write out an email. (Or if anyone living in Japan could mail me one at cost+shipping).

Sorry for the late response, but yeah, I used BiJ.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the late response, but yeah, I used BiJ.

That is so weird then... I'm sure they mixed me up with someone else then, but I sure hope they can fix it.

Edit: Literally just got the email...

Upon reviewing your Amazon.co.jp account, we have found that your order had been incorrectly canceled. We have reinstated order #[xxxxxxx], and we will send you an email notification once the order is shipped out.

Thank goodness... I can breathe easy again...

KingBroly

Banned
Green Yarn Yoshi:
"Available with Yoshi's Woolly World in the Yoshi's Woolly World bundle at launch."

*phew*

Just like Mario, Modern Mario and Chibi Robo

Scanning every single amiibo I have into Yoshi's Woolly World REALLY makes me want an amiibo bank for backups and easy usage of amiibo. It must've taken me 10 minutes to scan all of them. Not to mention that I'm missing 2 (one is Falco, dunno what the other one is).

Blues1990

The yarn ones quickly became part of my top 5 amiibo there fantastic, Now nintendo needs to give us a poochy amiibo.

tumblr_inline_nviw3xi2I81ro6s6m_500.gif

I like how you think.

Well I was at the Best Buy in Quakertown, PA yesterday and they had a ton of Dark Pit and Captain Falcon with some Fox. The strange thing is they had two Lucario and two Greninja (TRU exclusives) They looked new although one of the boxes looked a little beat up.

So I'm starting to worry - were those amiibo listings on GoHastings a couple days ago bullshit? Specifically Mewtwo, Green Yarn Yoshi, and the Animal Crossing amiibo? Because Mewtwo is "MewTwo", to the best of my knowledge no one else has listed stand-alone green Yarn Yoshi, and all them are listed as being from "Ingram Entertainment". Should I trust my orders or...?

KingBroly

Banned
So I'm starting to worry - were those amiibo listings on GoHastings a couple days ago bullshit? Specifically Mewtwo, Green Yarn Yoshi, and the Animal Crossing amiibo? Because Mewtwo is "MewTwo", to the best of my knowledge no one else has listed stand-alone green Yarn Yoshi, and all them are listed as being from "Ingram Entertainment". Should I trust my orders or...?

Target has the standalone Green Yoshi in their system.

I was one of those people who pre-ordered a blue yarn yoshi on Walmart when they were up for $12.96 like a month ago. I just get an email yesterday telling me that "Unfortunately, one or more of the items in your order have been delayed". They don't have a date for when it will ship. Great. Thanks for telling me the day after launch so I'm sure its sold out.

Anyone have any experience with this happening? I assume they'll just cancel the order in the next weeks weeks. Has anything ever actually ending up getting shipped in this type of position?

Good work Walmart.

Choppymushroom

Neo Member
So yesterday I wandered into my local gamestop to check out their amiibo stock and to see if they had the Animal Crossing cards. There happened to be a Nintendo representative in there with a demo for the new Zelda game. Had a bunch of free stuff he was giving away as well. One of the things he gave me was the card album to hold the Animal Crossing cards. Really nice thing to have, and it was free!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So yesterday I wandered into my local gamestop to check out their amiibo stock and to see if they had the Animal Crossing cards. There happened to be a Nintendo representative in there with a demo for the new Zelda game. Had a bunch of free stuff he was giving away as well. One of the things he gave me was the card album to hold the Animal Crossing cards. Really nice thing to have, and it was free!

VERY lucky since most people won't be giving them. Looks like you were there at the right place at the right time.

...I look forward to my imported one that we can actually buy.

The_Kid

Luckily the imported one looks really nice, nicer almost in fact.

Hmm, kind of nervous about getting that new piper amiibo stand. I feel like it would look great, but after how stuck amiibos get in that hori protector I don't know...

Anyone have experience with the amiibo stands? I'd rather not get one if you practically break it it in half having to pull them in and out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what're the chances Lucas & Roy will be exclusives? Lucas being GS exclusive makes sense considering Ness, but Roy....maybe Best Buy exclusive? I can't imagine him being available everywhere, not to mention how damn rare the FE characters have been (man, still bummed I don't have Lucina & Robin).

Like we have to worry about Ryu being exclusive or hard to find.

So what're the chances Lucas & Roy will be exclusives? Lucas being GS exclusive makes sense considering Ness, but Roy....maybe Best Buy exclusive? I can't imagine him being available everywhere, not to mention how damn rare the FE characters have been (man, still bummed I don't have Lucina & Robin).

Like we have to worry about Ryu being exclusive or hard to find.

I can imagine Lucas being Gamestop exclusive if Ness doesn't break free of exclusivity in time. As for my guess on Roy, he will have an acceptable amount of stock, and get a big restock with the other 4 when Fates releases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, forgot about Fates. Makes me wonder if they'll do an amiibo bundle for that. Hopefully, that's when the other characters (aside from Marth who just got a restock) will get reprints as well.

.............oh god please don't let Roy be bundle exclusive...

boltz

Hi everyone, I think I am officially on the Amiibo train. I have been somewhat following Amiibos but have not picked up any until this point because I didn't want to deal with the headache of the limited stock thing.

Then I saw a Splatoon 3-pack the other day at my local TRU and it was too cool looking to pass up. And the yarn yoshis were also sweet looking, so I got all three and am going to see if I can get my hands on a mega yarn yoshi.

Speaking of limited stocks, I've also been noticing a lot of older amiibos showing up on shelves. Is Nintendo doing restocks of all previously limited release amiibos? And does that mean all future amiibos will have plenty of stock?

Hi everyone, I think I am officially on the Amiibo train. I have been somewhat following Amiibos but have not picked up any until this point because I didn't want to deal with the headache of the limited stock thing.

Speaking of limited stocks, I've also been noticing a lot of older amiibos showing up on shelves. Is Nintendo doing restocks of all previously limited release amiibos? And does that mean all future amiibos will have plenty of stock?
First off, welcome new Amiibo friend!

Secondly, while they've been doing great with restocks, they're not doing all of them. There are still some amiibo that remain in Unicorn territory like Rosalina, King Dedede, the Fire Emblem characters other than Marth now (due to his restock) with many others either in that category or Rare like Pit, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Meta Knight and such. Still, we've come a long way since the beginning so get what you can while you can.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Then I saw a Splatoon 3-pack the other day at my local TRU and it was too cool looking to pass up. And the yarn yoshis were also sweet looking, so I got all three and am going to see if I can get my hands on a mega yarn yoshi.

moiWSfviYKNgc.gif

boltz

First off, welcome new Amiibo friend!

Secondly, while they've been doing great with restocks, they're not doing all of them. There are still some amiibo that remain in Unicorn territory like Rosalina, King Dedede, the Fire Emblem characters other than Marth now (due to his restock) with many others either in that category or Rare like Pit, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, Meta Knight and such. Still, we've come a long way since the beginning so get what you can while you can.

Thanks for the welcome guys. As for the restocking thing, does that mean there won't be anymore impossible to get amiibos in the future? I don't mind if certain Amiibos are limited, as long as I can walk into a store the first week it is released and be able to pick one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom