• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the welcome guys. As for the restocking thing, does that mean there won't be anymore impossible to get amiibos in the future? I don't mind if certain Amiibos are limited, as long as I can walk into a store the first week it is released and be able to pick one up.

If I were you, I would get the ones you want when you see them. Nothing is guranteed in Amiiboland.

KingBroly

Banned
Hi everyone, I think I am officially on the Amiibo train. I have been somewhat following Amiibos but have not picked up any until this point because I didn't want to deal with the headache of the limited stock thing.

Then I saw a Splatoon 3-pack the other day at my local TRU and it was too cool looking to pass up. And the yarn yoshis were also sweet looking, so I got all three and am going to see if I can get my hands on a mega yarn yoshi.

Speaking of limited stocks, I've also been noticing a lot of older amiibos showing up on shelves. Is Nintendo doing restocks of all previously limited release amiibos? And does that mean all future amiibos will have plenty of stock?

Welcome to the Hunt!

Skrams

Anyone elses Blue Yarn Yoshi delayed from Walmart? Pink is fine for some reason. It's just blue that's delayed. I assume some people don't want a pink yoshi because some stigma associated with pink, but I didn't expect that to make my blue get delayed even because of demand.

Anyone elses Blue Yarn Yoshi delayed from Walmart? Pink is fine for some reason. It's just blue that's delayed. I assume some people don't want a pink yoshi because some stigma associated with pink, but I didn't expect that to make my blue get delayed even because of demand.

Both pink and blue have shipped for me on Friday. The tracking info for blue is broken though...

Hi everyone, I think I am officially on the Amiibo train. I have been somewhat following Amiibos but have not picked up any until this point because I didn't want to deal with the headache of the limited stock thing.

Then I saw a Splatoon 3-pack the other day at my local TRU and it was too cool looking to pass up. And the yarn yoshis were also sweet looking, so I got all three and am going to see if I can get my hands on a mega yarn yoshi.

Speaking of limited stocks, I've also been noticing a lot of older amiibos showing up on shelves. Is Nintendo doing restocks of all previously limited release amiibos? And does that mean all future amiibos will have plenty of stock?

Welcome to the AmiiboGaf family this is a fantastic community :)

Mine did. I have no idea the hopes of it actually shipping, I'm going to assume that it will most likely get cancelled. I doubt Walmart is going to rush to get a bunch of delayed orders (that they are losing money on) filled.

kirby_fox

Banned
If I were you, I would get the ones you want when you see them. Nothing is guranteed in Amiiboland.

The only guarantee is that nothing is guaranteed.

Oh you have a preorder with us? Too bad, we didn't enough stock in. Oh you ordered online with us? Cancelled, reinstated, cancelled, reinstated after you bought it elsewhere.

Those days are mostly behind us though for anything new. If I was buying any more I'd be curious to see if I could walk in and grab a Yarn Yoshi today.

Wasn't sure about picking up the pink yarn Yoshi but ended up buying it during my lunch hour. Pinkie will be arriving on the same day as the light blue one, which is Wednesday.

Guess I should probably buy the game and green yarn Yoshi bundle at this point, despite not having my Wii U yet (I'll hopefully be purchasing it on Black Friday).

Wanderer5

I <3 yarn yoshi. The green one is all I need.

Something bit interesting happened yesterday when me and a friend was checking out a gamestop. My friend went to ask about the yarn yoshi, and the guys there said that there be more colors of amiibo yarn yoshi and also be shy guy amiibos coming out. o.- I was feeling that wasn't real, and doesn't seem like there been news regarding more Yoshi Woolly World amiibo beside the mega one.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I <3 yarn yoshi. The green one is all I need.

Something bit interesting happened yesterday when me and a friend was checking out a gamestop. My friend went to ask about the yarn yoshi, and the guys there said that there be more colors of amiibo yarn yoshi and also be shy guy amiibos coming out. o.- I was feeling that wasn't real, and doesn't seem like there been news regarding more Yoshi Woolly World amiibo beside the mega one.

If you heard it from someone outside of AmiiboGAF/Reddit/etc. they definitely don't exist. (Where else would they get their information from?)

Wanderer5

If you heard it from someone outside of AmiiboGAF/Reddit/etc. they definitely don't exist. (Where else would they get their information from?)

Pretty sure I heard some BS from them in the past, so yeah thought so. More colors for yoshi would have been a bit nice through heh.

Velcro Fly

Went in my local best buy today

amiibo section was pretty much cleaned out

they had maybe 1-2 Peach and a handful of Marth and that is it

Section looks way bigger now though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Went in my local best buy today

amiibo section was pretty much cleaned out

they had maybe 1-2 Peach and a handful of Marth and that is it

Section looks way bigger now though.

I only saw a couple Pikachus and Peach when I went to mine yesterday. They actually BARELY had any Nintendo games at all! I wonder if this is the same for a lot of them? Then again, I did see the Yoshi bundles in the back behind customer service.

Draxal

I only saw a couple Pikachus and Peach when I went to mine yesterday. They actually BARELY had any Nintendo games at all! I wonder if this is the same for a lot of them? Then again, I did see the Yoshi bundles in the back behind customer service.

A lot of best buys have a separate display that's not in aisle for them now

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of best buys have a separate display that's not in aisle for them now

I didn't notice any when I was in the game section, but I wasn't looking for them either. Still, their Nintendo section in general was VERY barren. Think I saw only like, 2 WiiU games.

The FUCK!? Been out of the game for a good min. Was there a big restock or something?

Yeah, Toys R Us and Best Buy both had a big restock of a couple of the rarer figures, including some previously exclusive ones (Lucario, Greninja, Shulk). Dark Pit was still BB exclusive though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Went into Best Buy a week or two ago, they didn't have any restocks.
Went in today, they had three Captain Falcons left. Picked one up. I now have the original Smash Bros 12. Feels good.

Only eight available Smash Bros amiibo left. Along with Green Yarn Yoshi (it's on the way in the mail), Modern 8-Bit Mario (not getting another Wii U for this) and the four Skylander amiibo (waiting for price drops)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So i take a break, manage to miss Falco and now Animal Crossing Amiibos.

Say it ain't so ;_; (I did get Mewtwo though, i suppose)

Well only Walmart has even put up the AC Amiibo online. Then again, I think Walmart.com was the only place that put the Yoshis up online... Let's hope other retailers start adding them soon. (Still missing one AC Amiibo to put up too, even if she is during a different date).

Insaniac

Well only Walmart has even put up the AC Amiibo online. Then again, I think Walmart.com was the only place that put the Yoshis up online... Let's hope other retailers start adding them soon. (Still missing one AC Amiibo to put up too, even if she is during a different date).

Target had the Yoshis' online. I have my shipment coming in tomorrow

That's good. I got the bundle, but damn if i don't need them all.

Skrams

Pink Yoshi came in 3 days early somehow. I have little hope for Blue Yoshi after it got delayed for me. I really need to get a good bookshelf to hold some of these as my small desk isn't cutting it anymore.

Also what started as a Fox amiibo back on Smash day one just because I was curious about amiibo functionality has now turned into probably what is going to be a full smash line collection and some other random stuff. Currently only missing Villager, WFT, Pit, Mega Man, Rosalina, Dedede, Ike, Metaknight, Wario, Ness, and Bowser Jr. I probably should of bought some of these when I had the chance. Whatever though. Next up, Mewtwo, Mii Fighters, Shovel Knight, random AC amiibo, and anything they can somehow appeal to me easily.

Blues1990

I was able to get the Yoshi's Woolly World bundle for $40 bucks today, and I love how adorable the Yoshi Amiibo is. I wasn't expecting it to be so tiny, but it works!

Blues1990

Still waiting on my pink yoshi in the mail. Processing taking 3 to 5 days kills me ;_____;

I saw 15 Pink Yoshi's at the EB Games in Loughheed Town Center, when I was picking up my bundle today. I was more shocked that the Blue Yoshi was out of stock, as I thought that one would've been more common.

zigg

Target had the Yoshis' online. I have my shipment coming in tomorrow
Also B&H, before they jacked up the prices to $50 (and now apparently back down to $20 &#128516;)

My order, that I nabbed at MSRP + $3 S&H (well worth not having to stand in line at a store) the same time I posted about them, has almost arrived.

I saw 15 Pink Yoshi's at the EB Games in Loughheed Town Center, when I was picking up my bundle today. I was more shocked that the Blue Yoshi was out of stock, as I thought that one would've been more common.
Well, you know, pink is for girls. &#128527;

the above is a criticism of hypocritical masculine game culture and does not reflect my actual beliefs

KitSnicket

Neo Member
Everywhere I've seen the pink Yarn Yoshi has been more available. This could be because they made more for some reason, but I think more likely the Blue is a more popular color. This past week I've seen numerous pink yoshis on the shelves, but only 3 blue ones.

The_Kid

Besides, Walmart have been pretty terrible for preorders TBH. There have been numerous reports in the past of cancellations from them. I wouldn't even feel safe if I preordered from them.

Rizific

Besides, Walmart have been pretty terrible for preorders TBH. There have been numerous reports in the past of cancellations from them. I wouldn't even feel safe if I preordered from them.

my pre orders from them went just fine up until the last wave. my zss and olimar order stayed pending forever. i called customer service and was told that those items were discontinued by the manufacturer and to not expect my order to be fulfilled, so i cancelled my order. then some days later some gaffers reported their walmart orders that were stuck in processing limbo like me actually got fulfilled and shipped =/. in other news, my blue yoshi from target that shipped last tuesday is finally getting delivered today. i guess thats free red card shipping for you.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought my first pack of AC cards.

Bob and Digby! FUCK YEAH!

TWxGNf0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom