• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

What time did you guys wait in line at Target to buy Rosalina last time? I'm not sure what time to go to Target to buy Jigglypuff. I'm thinking I should be there at 6 am.

For me, I got there at 7 am and got the last Rosalina out of 14.

I'm probably going to get there around the same time but a different store that has 3x jigs.

mantis23

My Meijer expierience did not go as planned. First store I went to at 9:30 had 12 people in line already. On my way home I decided to check another store and they only had 2 people in line. We were told they had 3 Lucina and 4 Robin. Awesome right?

Midnight rolls around and a different employee brings out a cart with 2 Lucina, 1 Robin. Says that's all that was in the back.

I grabbed 1 each of all the other Wave 4s, Yhe Splatoon figures and a Silver Mario.

Thought about heading to Target for the two wave 4 unicorns but decided instead to buy them on eBay for $30 each and sleep in tomorrow.

Stay safe Amiibros. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Shun

20130716183844.jpg

When da doors open.

//ARCANUM

My Meijer expierience did not go as planned. First store I went to at 9:30 had 12 people in line already. On my way home I decided to check another store and they only had 2 people in line. We were told they had 3 Lucina and 4 Robin. Awesome right?

Midnight rolls around and a different employee brings out a cart with 2 Lucina, 1 Robin. Says that's all that was in the back.

I grabbed 1 each of all the other Wave 4s, Yhe Splatoon figures and a Silver Mario.

Thought about heading to Target for the two wave 4 unicorns but decided instead to buy them on eBay for $30 each and sleep in tomorrow.

Stay safe Amiibros. May the odds be ever in your favor.

that employee TOTALLY DIDN'T SET THOSE LUCINA AND ROBIN ASIDE FOR THEMSELVES. DEFINITELY NOT.

DEFINITELY YES.

Tomita

How are my chances of trading one of the rares like Fire Emblem (from this wave) for a Ness? I wouldn't mind trying to win the Amazon lottery for the fun of it and possibly having trade fodder, but man, would anyone even offer Ness?

lol at actually seriously attempting Amazon tomorrow though. They have stock higher than a retail store? Well gee, that sounds really promising, Josh from Amazon! What a joke. Got to pity those who were banking on using only Amazon for their amiibos.

Alas. Good luck, everyone. I only really wanted Ness but not enough to jump through fifty hoops, so I shed no salt. But I really feel for all your amiibo woes. </3

2 Robins, 2 Lucinas, 3 Silver Mario and 4 of all the others at my local Meijer.

I was 3rd in line. All hope seemed lost.

The guy that was 1st in line got the Splatoon 3 pack and a Silver Mario!! Nothing else!!!!

20150529_002828_zpschqeogxu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a night....
Awesome, happy to see you got them. I called my Meijer and they said they won't be putting any out until the morning around 8 or 9 so that will have to be one of my first stops in the morning. Hope I have some luck there. Again, nice haul!

Josh5890

I'm off to a horrible start here in Illinois. I called Meijer and they said come in at 7 am for the amiibos. I called Walmart and said they would release them at midnight. I waited almost two hours at Walmart and all they had at midnight was Pac-man. Frickin Pac-man. I was driving home and figured what the hell. I walked into Meijer and they said they sold their amiibos at midnight so I was SOL.

Now I'm debateing pulling an all-nighter and going to Target now or getting a few hours sleep.

goldenpp72

Does anyone have the Amazon links for the various amiibos? Only need a couple but it would be nice to have on hand, or will those not work?

I'm off to a horrible start here in Illinois. I called Meijer and they said come in at 7 am for the amiibos. I called Walmart and said they would release them at midnight. I waited almost two hours at Walmart and all they had at midnight was Pac-man. Frickin Pac-man. I was driving home and figured what the hell. I walked into Meijer and they said they sold their amiibos at midnight so I was SOL.

Now I'm debateing pulling an all-nighter and going to Target now or getting a few hours sleep.
Bummer, dude. Like I posted above, my nearest Meijer isn't putting any out until 8 or 9 and since I can't go anywhere until my ride gets here around that time, I'm getting a few hours of sleep now before I go out into the madness. I've gotten lucky a few times so I hope I find something. Hope you do too.

$6 for fucking shipping and it's still taking almost two weeks to get here

Fucking Toys R Us man
At least you got an order through. I've not been able to get one online order with amiibos at all.

skaflone721

Neo Member
Did anyone actually have their TRU order ship or are people just receiving confirmations (which seem like what's sent when you first purchase).

Anyone seeing a preauth hold on their card?

Velcro Fly

Some dude on eBay selling Silver Mario for like $23 plus $2 shipping and has sold like 90+ of them. 85k feedback so it's not some fly by night asshole

I'm going for it. $13 plus tax and shipping on Amazon is going to run me almost $20 anyway. $5 to not have to hassle it? Sure thing.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Some dude on eBay selling Silver Mario for like $23 plus $2 shipping and has sold like 90+ of them. 85k feedback so it's not some fly by night asshole

I'm going for it. $13 plus tax and shipping on Amazon is going to run me almost $20 anyway. $5 to not have to hassle it? Sure thing.

I saw that and I bit. No way I'm dealing with Amazon tomorrow and he's the only one left in this wave that I really wanted. I may be good until September now.

I went to four different Walmarts starting just after midnight. None of them had any wave 4 amiibo out. No copies of Splatoon out yet either.

You're worthless when it comes to amiibo, Walmart. Worthless!

Pyccko

Just got back from Walmart. They didn't have anything except Pac-Man and Charizard (which were the two I didn't have pre-ordered (besides Jiggly and Greninja (dammit))). Which looks like it isn't unusual, I guess. Now to try and get a little sleep before Target. I was the only one at Walmart and it was just me and one other guy at Target when Rosalina came out, so I'm not too worried. Sometimes I'm glad I live in a small(-ish) town.

Speaking of Pac-Man, it's a lot smaller than I was imagining. I'm really digging it.

All I need is Jigglypuff. I'm getting there at 7ish and hoping for the best. There's no way I'm losing sleep over amiibo though.

$6 for shipping Greninja is insane. Kind of wishing I didn't order him now. Maybe I'll save him and trade him for someone I miss down the line...

So do we actually know if Best Buy will be stocking Meta Knight for sure tomorrow? It seems obvious, but as far as I can tell there's no definitive proof they will. Ugh...

Gameboy415

I saw that and I bit. No way I'm dealing with Amazon tomorrow and he's the only one left in this wave that I really wanted. I may be good until September now.

Thanks for the tip, I went ahead and ordered one.
I'd rather pay the extra ~$10 than wake up early and deal with the crowd at Target, haha.
Hopefully I can snag a 2nd one (to open) from Amazon this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom