• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

I figured i'd post this since it took awhile to get setup. Ultimately, I plan on only having the Smash Bros. line in here, but since there aren't enough to fill it just yet went for this instead for now. When the lights in the room are on it washes out the figures less which is cool in its own way. I semi attempted to also put the characters in order by their first appearance but I likely made some mistakes in the first attempt. Here is a video of the lights fading into other colors:

I'm in DIRE need of a good glass display case for all my Amiibos. Anyone know where I can get an affordable one? I'd get it from IKEA, but I'm about a 6 hour drive away from the nearest one...

goldenpp72

I'm in DIRE need of a good glass display case for all my Amiibos. Anyone know where I can get an affordable one? I'd get it from IKEA, but I'm about a 6 hour drive away from the nearest one...

6 hours is quite a trip for sure, the one I went to is about 2 hours away and that felt like a bit, but I also bought thousands of dollars of storage stuff from them so it worked out well. Maybe try looking at craigslist?

Tyeforce

I figured i'd post this since it took awhile to get setup. Ultimately, I plan on only having the Smash Bros. line in here, but since there aren't enough to fill it just yet went for this instead for now. When the lights in the room are on it washes out the figures less which is cool in its own way. I semi attempted to also put the characters in order by their first appearance but I likely made some mistakes in the first attempt. Here is a video of the lights fading into other colors:
That's awesome! I've got a DETOLF from IKEA for my amiibo display as well, but I've been putting off getting the acrylic stair displays stands and lighting...and now there are so many amiibo that I need to get a second DETOLF. >.> Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase a bunch of those acrylic stair display stands or whatever they are? I'm going to need to get 8 of them now, and I'm sure it's going to be very costly... .__.

EDIT: Oh crap, and do those stands come in a slightly wider size?! It looks like you can only fit four per level on them, but I swear I saw one that had five per level... I'm going to run out of room even faster if 4x4 is the maximum for those stands, because currently I have my amiibo set up as 5x4 on each shelf... >.<

goldenpp72

That's awesome! I've got a DETOLF from IKEA for my amiibo display as well, but I've been putting off getting the acrylic stair displays stands and lighting...and now there are so many amiibo that I need to get a second DETOLF. >.> Does anyone know the cheapest place to purchase a bunch of those acrylic stair display stands or whatever they are? I'm going to need to get 8 of them now, and I'm sure it's going to be very costly... .__.

Unfortunately the stairs seem to cost more than the cabinet for some reason, I guess the niche nature of them means they command a premium. All in all between all the pieces I put in, that cabinet probably cost around 220 or so. The lighting itself was the hardest thing to figure out since the version ikea sells is really dull.

I AM WEEEEEEEEEEEAAKKKKKK

ySuYDi.jpg

i'll post a full collection update tomorrow when my new shelf comes in

Velcro Fly

Any word on how the Animal Crossing amiibos are selling compared to the Smash line?

They seem to be available everywhere

Hype about as tepid as Mario Party line perhaps

Could have had the whole lot of them at my local Best Buy saturday afternoon. Multiples of all including a few 3 packs

They seem to be available everywhere

Hype about as tepid as Mario Party line perhaps

Could have had the whole lot of them at my local Best Buy saturday afternoon. Multiples of all including a few 3 packs

With Lottie being exclusive, do we think that she's gonna be hard to get? Especially since it's Target, which I have heard nightmare stories about...

I guess I could always import her but I'd rather just pay the normal price since she's the one I do not give a crap about and am really only getting because I want to be a completionist with the Animal Crossing line...

Target stocked Dr. Mario pretty good when it came out so I think Lottie will be alright.

Y'know, that's a good point. My Target actually currently ONLY has Dr Mario. The entire Amiibo section is just Dr Mario. Been that way since he came out, even.

Do we have one of those list things showing how many each store is supposed to get?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Shovel Knight comes out a week before Xmas. I wonder if I should bother asking for him or just buy it myself.

.......then watch as he's still more useful than the Pokemon amiibo.

Blues1990

So Shovel Knight comes out a week before Xmas. I wonder if I should bother asking for him or just buy it myself.

.......then watch as he's still more useful than the Pokemon amiibo.

Seriously, I don't understand why they have bothered including the Pokemon Amiibo to have "additional functionality" across multiple Nintendo games, but it's mostly been half-assed with their implementation.

I don't buy the Pokemon Company's crazy reasoning for this, when they don't have any issues with plastering Pikachu's mug on noodle cups, popcorn buckets, or making plush toys that showcase several Pokemon's butts.

Robin64

I really like the K.K. Slider Amiibo, but is it even worth buying if you don't buy the AC Amiibo Festival game?

Check out the review thread for that game, it seems the only thing worth buying are the amiibo for display purposes and the game is a crock of shit.

InkoMint

Neo Member
Y'know, that's a good point. My Target actually currently ONLY has Dr Mario. The entire Amiibo section is just Dr Mario. Been that way since he came out, even.

Do we have one of those list things showing how many each store is supposed to get?

The only thing I'm worried about with the fact that's it's an exclusive, is that Dr. Mario is a 'Mario' amiibo and may have had more in its print than Lottie will have since she isn't a main character!

Jawmuncher

The only thing I'm worried about with the fact that's it's an exclusive, is that Dr. Mario is a 'Mario' amiibo and may have had more in its print than Lottie will have since she isn't a main character!

We shall see, still think she won't be too much of a pain. Animal Crossing shouldn't pull the rabid collectors like smash. Plus target has had good stock of their exclusives, it's just as said people swarm them.

georly

How much does something like that run? I'd love to use it for both amiibo and some of my zelda stuff.

kirby_fox

Banned
Is it just me, or have amiibo seemed to really cut the price of other collectible figures?

You can find some other Zelda, Mario, etc. stuff on Amazon that used to be $20 now under $10. Comparatively, I can't find a Snake figure for under $30.

Jawmuncher

Is it just me, or have amiibo seemed to really cut the price of other collectible figures?

You can find some other Zelda, Mario, etc. stuff on Amazon that used to be $20 now under $10. Comparatively, I can't find a Snake figure for under $30.

Everyone is feeling the lack of snake across the board. I bought my figma snake just because of no amiibo.

Skrams

Just wait until Snake is announced for Smash then the amiibo then the inevitable fall in Snake related figures.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is feeling the lack of snake across the board. I bought my figma snake just because of no amiibo.

I bought figma Snake because I need him for my scaled Smash figures. And because he's awesome.

Now I have to find a Cloud figure that's not an oversized Play Arts Kai or a tiny trading figure. Can't seem to find any. :(

LostAnkh

I bought figma Snake because I need him for my scaled Smash figures. And because he's awesome.

Now I have to find a Cloud figure that's not an oversized Play Arts Kai or a tiny trading figure. Can't seem to find any. :(
I wouldn't count on that, considering how Square Enix is with PAK. You'd probably have to get one of the older figures...

Boogiepop

Oh nice, Best Buy shipped Falco! Now I just need Target to hurry up and put up Lottie, since I'd love to avoid having to make an explicit early morning (possibly with line waiting) trip just to get her...

Zalman

Does anyone else find it weird they started the inevitable Zelda line of amiibo with Wolf Link? I always expected them to do a full launch of a Zelda series like they did with Super Mario. Maybe they're saving that for the Zelda U release, but starting off with Wolf Link is kind of odd.

Does anyone else find it weird they started the inevitable Zelda line of amiibo with Wolf Link? I always expected them to do a full launch of a Zelda series like they did with Super Mario. Maybe they're saving that for the Zelda U release, but starting off with Wolf Link is kind of odd.
What would make that even more odd is that they use the Twilight Princess models of Link, Zelda, and Ganon for Smash so what models do they use for the Zelda line if they're beginning with the TP Wolf Link? Unless they use the same ones with different poses and bases. They already have Toon Link too so maybe Wind Waker models? Who knows.

Nah. They probably had a full set planned for this year, but the delay meant the set got delayed as well. Makes more sense to release figures built around Zelda U along-side Zelda U than Twilight Princess HD. Wolf Link is a good starting point in the meantime specifically because it's not tied to Zelda U, so it's effectively a little preview for the line that's still immediately relevant.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What would make that even more odd is that they use the Twilight Princess models of Link, Zelda, and Ganon for Smash so what models do they use for the Zelda line if they're beginning with the TP Wolf Link? Unless they use the same ones with different poses and bases. They already have Toon Link too so maybe Wind Waker models? Who knows.

maybe zelda wii u models

i want modern mario but im sure as hell not going at 6pm i might go out after my family leaves just to check and if they sold out its a good thing amazon import is a great price :)

Persona7

Banned
Toys R Us near me had a massive restock. I ended up getting a pink yarn yoshi, zero suit samus, another fox and captain falcon. I saw villager, captain falcon, mewtwo and a bunch of other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom