• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

Has anyone pre-ordered from Best Buy via Paypal before? I pre-ordered the TP HD amiibo bundle but had to use paypal because it said it didn't want to use my debit card due to it "expiring 15 days before the pre-order ships" which is bull because my card expires a few months after March.

It still has money taken out, which I could really use for getting the Wario amiibo or something, & ESPECIALLY for next week during Black Friday....also I don't want it taking out another $65 when I use my GCU to pre-order the LE for Odin Sphere.

Pretty sure PayPal is the one payment method where you will get charged immediately, and not just have a temporary hold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

zroid

Banned
I did a bit of Fall cleaning and made some extra space for amiibo since I was badly running out of room. I think I should be able to place about 6 more before I seriously have to do some re-thinking of what I'm doing with these things. :lol

hopefully it doesn't come down to simply removing them from their packaging because NOOOOO!!!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pretty sure PayPal is the one payment method where you will get charged immediately, and not just have a temporary hold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Bah. & I can't just re-order with the official date since it's sold out online.

Oh well, would've helped me out a bit, but at least I'll get paid on Black Friday. Also been eying a PS4 so I want to feel as financially secure as possible when I get it.

Has anyone pre-ordered from Best Buy via Paypal before? I pre-ordered the TP HD amiibo bundle but had to use paypal because it said it didn't want to use my debit card due to it "expiring 15 days before the pre-order ships" which is bull because my card expires a few months after March.

It still has money taken out, which I could really use for getting the Wario amiibo or something, & ESPECIALLY for next week during Black Friday....also I don't want it taking out another $65 when I use my GCU to pre-order the LE for Odin Sphere.

I always do but i used my card. it always says the money wont leave until they ship. I think, if it is paypal credit or paypal funds, it deducts automatically, i believe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always do but i used my card. it always says the money wont leave until they ship. I think, if it is paypal credit or paypal funds, it deducts automatically, i believe.
Ah well. Maybe I'll get lucky & they'll put it back up with the correct release date so it'll recognize the fact my debit card is fine.

Gengahrrr

Eh, why not. Chibi Robo purchased.

For peeps getting Chibi to keep in-box, keep in mind Amazon has a nasty habit of bending the packaging of the amiibo to fit in their boxes, instead of just turning the amiibo 90 degrees to fit properly in the box. It's not always the case, but it's happened to me a lot lately.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
5 bucks for shipping and handling.

Better not be fucking bent.

SRJl07U.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I rarely order from Amazon. I had the one month trial when Palutena arrived.

Same. I only order through Amazon when I have no other alternative. Not because I dislike amazon or anything, I just prefer to buy in a store whenever possible. orz

Just preordered Chibi-Robo off Amazon because why not and got my free prime shipping as well.

Best Buy also just shipped out Falco earlier this afternoon, so he'll be arriving tomorrow. Nice to know the distribution center isn't that far from me (it's in Fresno).

So I'd been out of the game for a little bit with work and all but took a quick trip to Best Buy and Gamestop the other day

And ended up buying Mewtwo, Dark Pit, Lucario, Greninja, and Tom Nook.

They're so readily available now.

Persona7

Banned
I forgot about chibi robo so I hope it is still available when I get home in like an hour. It is still available but I don't have my password manager on my phone.

edit: I got an order in.

Blues1990

I forgot about chibi robo so I hope it is still available when I get home in like an hour. It is still available but I don't have my password manager on my phone.

The one thing that I like about the Chibi Robo Amiibo, is that it's possibly one of the few figurines in the series that's actually in-scale to the character it's based off of.

Velcro Fly

Just know Lottie is going to go up when I'm at work today and I'll have to trudge through whatever snow is on the ground Sunday to get her :(

kirby_fox

Banned
Got Falco.

Then saw as I pull in across the street it's the worst paint job ever. Huge blue streak on his beak.

Guess I'll head back for a huge headache because they didn't seem to have any extra.

Jawmuncher

Put Falco for in store pick up. Letting fate decide if I should get this amiibo. If I get a notice that he's ready for pick up I'll get him, if they say the item is sold out it wasn't meant to be.

Skrams

Falco hit my doorstep and he looks pretty good. I think he looks a tinytinytiny bit better than Fox. They also look nice next to each other since their poses. He's got a little bit of a weird blue paint thing on his inner elbow though. Also two little yellow marks on the other side of his arm. Not terrible, but it's eh.

Was able to snag a Falco just now, they had two on the shelf still. Guess the amiibo craze is dying down a bit.

It's probably because he was available online to preorder for weeks I think? Free shipping helps too.

Pompadour

Anyone have a clue when the U.S. release of Famicom R.O.B. will be (or pre-orders)? I ordered him from a 3rd party seller on Amazon for cheap but the delivery window is the entirety of December, there's no tracking, and the company has no ratings. I'll just get a refund like I did when I got burned ordering Little Mac the same way but I was curious if there was any word.

Jawmuncher

Falco is now available for pick up. Looks like the stars aligned. Will pick him up on Sunday. That way I can save a trip when I look at target for Lottie.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why did they make a Fallout amiibo if the game isn't even on Wii U?

Falco is said to be out for delivery by the UPS by about 5 a.m. so wonder how long I'm gonna have to wait today to get him. He'll make amiibo #44 in my collection.

My Falco arrived a little bit ago, he looks great! The detail under his tail is amazing.

Only 2 more amiibo to go this year! (Unless you're importing from Japan!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom