• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Can anyone here speak for the sturdiness of the doors on this bookcase? I'm considering this and the Deltolfs.

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/99023385/

A friend of mine had that to display some things and the cabinet is very sturdy. I was going to get one myself but I never felt figures can be displayed properly in them. Not enough visibility for my tastes.

The Detolf ones I think are better for actually seeing what you are showing off.

A friend of mine had that to display some things and the cabinet is very sturdy. I was going to get one myself but I never felt figures can be displayed properly in them. Not enough visibility for my tastes.

The Detolf ones I think are better for actually seeing what you are showing off.

Thank you! I was thinking about that too. My local Ikea isn't too terribly far away. I'll have to take a long look at both. I like the visibilty that comes with the Deltolfs, but when I look at other posts, they're filling up quickly, and the cost of two Deltolfs, plus acrylic stands is comparable to one of the bookcases.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
...which you can also unlock randomly via 100 Mario Challenge, so the amiibo isn't really required as more of a fast unlock.

Otherwise lol have fun using him in NOTHING ELSE like the rest of the Pokemon.

....unless they actually have amiibo support in Pokken.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather wake up early and get it over with.

Well I'm already going to do that, but there definitely won't be more than 40 people there for opening for an AC Amiibo. There was <30 people for Mega Yoshi last week, and <10 for the Mii set. So I'll go for opening and no earlier.

KingBroly

Banned
Well I'm already going to do that, but there definitely won't be more than 40 people there for opening for an AC Amiibo. There was <30 people for Mega Yoshi last week, and <10 for the Mii set. So I'll go for opening and no earlier.

Well I'll go at 7:30 or so since I'm like 5 minutes away. But there's also other stuff I'm going to get. My Target is a bit...incompetent when it comes to amiibo.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lottie's not going anywhere. Let's be real now. Someone's gotta keep Dr. Mario company on the pegs.

I only expected 30th Anniversary Classic Mario to arrive today, guess who decided to drop in too?

uDXqO3C.jpg

1 month earlier than expected for that matter.

I've also finally gotten all the Smash amiibos.

I had a hard time with the top layer since the Mii 3-Pack is weirdly small and doesn't fit with the spacing I have going, but whatever. I'm done forever and ever
until January ;o;

Edit: these are all the stupid NA version too. You know how difficult it was trying to get some of this shit? >:O

Do we know when Roy amiibo releases?

Since he wasn't announced alongside Lucas for January, I expect him to be released in February, as that's also the release month of Fire Emblem Fates.

Even though his amiibo does nothing so far in that game, there's always hope the game gets updated to do so.

Velcro Fly

About 5 inches of snow on the ground. Looking like the roads will be fine tomorrow.

Hard to believe one year ago it all began for me with Kirby, Link, and Mario.

Just get my favorite characters I said then.

Happy 1 year Amiiboversary, Amiibo-GAF. It has been a wild ride so far but with stock being better and better for each wave I'm thinking things will be better for sure in year 2!

finalflame

Anyone else lining up for Lottie tomorrow? I know Brick Seek stock looks good (store near me has 32), but I don't wanna risk it. Gonna just line up at 6am and wait the 2 hours until the store opens at 8 to make sure I get her.

Anyone else lining up for Lottie tomorrow? I know Brick Seek stock looks good (store near me has 32), but I don't wanna risk it. Gonna just line up at 6am and wait the 2 hours until the store opens at 8 to make sure I get her.

nope its Rosalina all over again here in Michigan alot of snow on the ground means aint nobody camping or probably going out in the morning i should be good to stroll in at 10 or 11am and get one.

Velcro Fly

Planning to go when they open. Might get up a little early to monitor the online situation so avoid having to go out. Snow on the ground and it's really cold so no way I'm camping out. Hoping to either snag one online if it goes up or walk right in and buy one. Really doubt my local store is selling 40 in a half hour. This ain't Rosalina.

Seik

Banned
It's been a while since I posted here...I got a few more unexpected Amiibo like Ganondorf, Falco and Zero Suit Samus by passing in a random EB games while going to lunch during the last two weeks. I had to make more space on my shelves...like removing a few liquor bottles, but I kinda like the result so far. :)

fxmrng6.jpg

Thing is, I also have the Splatoon amiibo and the Mario 30th Anniversary one...there are a couple of these in there that I had to pay more because they were unavailable anywhere except on the internet. I'm realizing that I almost spent a thousand bucks on these things over one year...this is just fucking crazy. :lol

kirby_fox

Banned
Thing is, I also have the Splatoon amiibo and the Mario 30th Anniversary one...there are a couple of these in there that I had to pay more because they were unavailable anywhere except on the internet. I'm realizing that I almost spent a thousand bucks on these things over one year...this is just fucking crazy. :lol

Don't do the math. Never do the math for amiibo costs as a total. It breaks my soul sometimes. Especially since I've bought some multiple times.

I still have an extra Pacman. I don't know anyone who needs or wants Pacman. I have no idea what to do with it, because I can't mod him. Selling him on ebay would just be a pain. So he's sitting in a box with the extra Charizard I have (who is an Xmas gift).

Apparently multiple Targets in my area are getting in 100 Lottie amiibos each so I'm gonna forgo standing in line at the ass crack of dawn and just roll over there when they open or shortly after.

Sound like a safe plan?

I mean, this is also the Target that since Dr Mario came out, has ONLY had Dr Marios in their amiibo section. I have not seen a single other amiibo on the rack since Dr Mario came out.

Blues1990

Apparently multiple Targets in my area are getting in 100 Lottie amiibos each so I'm gonna forgo standing in line at the ass crack of dawn and just roll over there when they open or shortly after.

Sound like a safe plan?

I mean, this is also the Target that since Dr Mario came out, has ONLY had Dr Marios in their amiibo section. I have not seen a single other amiibo on the rack since Dr Mario came out.

When I went to my local Best Buy to pick up the Lottie Amiibo when the game launch in Canada on Friday, & I had no issues with securing one for my friend.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much. :)

Almost 8:15 AM. Just walked into Target. They don't even have them out. Guy is going to the back to get them. No one else here asking. This one will be a breeze.

Skrams

Easy peasy. They only had 4ish out on the shelves, but they'll probably put more out later. Only 2 others were there I think. A tired father and another older guy who knew the brickseek stock probably.

I also was awoken by a nightmare? where I was checking out at best buy and saw they had 4 green Ike boxes at checkout. I was estactic because Ike. I looked at the paint jobs and realized the faces had nothing on them or they were fucked. Clothes were fucked too. Then I looked throughout the store for more and they were all shit. Good dream.

KingBroly

Banned
Got Lottie

The only painful part was waiting because they didn't have them on the shelves yet so they had to go back and find them. Oh well. No big line or rush to get them, either. They apparently got cards in as well.

They had 3-4 Ganons and 8-12 Mewtwos

Skrams

Heads up, text LIST to the number 827438 for a 10% off coupon that can be used on Lottie. Today only I think? Wish I knew about it beforehand, but oh well.

Thoraxes

Heads up, text LIST to the number 827438 for a 10% off coupon that can be used on Lottie. Today only I think? Wish I knew about it beforehand, but oh well.
There was a giant sign at the front of the store telling me about it. With my other discount and red card I got Lottie for $10.

Also saw some more classic Mario too.

I was the only one there for Lottie lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm waiting in my car. Only 4 people waiting and 15 mins to go so I wait.

Edit: looks like 4 people that came in line came for some tv on sale. So only 4 of us total :x

Almost 8:15 AM. Just walked into Target. They don't even have them out. Guy is going to the back to get them. No one else here asking. This one will be a breeze.

That was my experience as well. Except that I was there closer to 9:00. The guy didn't seem to know what I was talking about right away, but then realized they had a few boxes behind the counter. I wonder if anyone even bought one before me.

Same deal at a target in greater Los Angeles. No one was asking but someone was kind enough to bring me one from the back.

It's nice to be up at 8 on a Sunday. At least it's a nice day.

bumpkin

Same deal at a target in greater Los Angeles. No one was asking but someone was kind enough to bring me one from the back.

It's nice to be up at 8 on a Sunday. At least it's a nice day.
Wish I could say the same; 40's and raining here. Not very good motivation to get up and go to wait outside Target. I went the online route instead. Hopefully it goes through and they aren't out of stock by the time it reaches processing/packaging on their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom