• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrue

Anyone else lining up for Lottie tomorrow? I know Brick Seek stock looks good (store near me has 32), but I don't wanna risk it. Gonna just line up at 6am and wait the 2 hours until the store opens at 8 to make sure I get her.

I got to my Target 30 minutes after opening and there were tons of Lottie there. Hoping you didn't go waste 2 hours. The only Amiibo I've had to bother going early for was Mega Yarn Yoshi and I got there 30 minutes ahead of time and got one.

Velcro Fly

Got there about 2 hours after open

They had about 7 on the shelf and presumably more in the back since the rest of the commons/uncommons were there along with a couple pink yarn yoshi

finalflame

I got to my Target 30 minutes after opening and there were tons of Lottie there. Hoping you didn't go waste 2 hours. The only Amiibo I've had to bother going early for was Mega Yarn Yoshi and I got there 30 minutes ahead of time and got one.

Yah, there was nobody at mine. I got there around 7:30 and just waited in my car. There were some other people hovering around the door but they were there for regular shopping, not Lottie.

They had to go get her in the back for me, but the guys were super helpful and nice. Someone else came to get one just as I was leaving with mine! Glad to have her in hand.

Oh, and here she is in my humble collection:

img_45103ip0k.jpg

Need to get them some lighting in IKEA today. Too dark inside that KALLAX cubby.

Rolled in around 11:30, they had like 50 Lottie all over (the front cap on the Nintendo square with the 3ds and Wii U, the side of the Wii U Display and the regular amiibo display)

It was actually nice for once to browse through them and pick out the best looking one. They also had a handful of single Inkling Boy and Girl, Ganondorf, Toad and Green Yarn singles.

Kind of nice to be done relatively speaking for the year. More amiibo cards are on my Christmas list for the family, plus the missing MP and Sable one I don't have. Lucario I have but not in hand, as I'm still waiting for a friend to ship it since easter but lmao

Went to Target around 11:00am. They had one Lottie on the shelf.

So now I have every released amiibo except Mega Yarn Yoshi.

Hopefully a restock happens.

InkoMint

Neo Member
We went in about 3 hours after opening and I was the first one to get it. Why though? The people at electronics couldn't find the box out by them so they turned them away saying they had no stock, and to go to Troy instead (I was at the one in Bloomfield on Telegraph in MI)

A guy I spoke to about it a few days ago had just started his shift and knew what I was there for, and told the two that Lottie had been in the back the whole time.

Check Brickseek before leaving, they should have it and thankfully the guy knew they were in the back and actually tried to look!

We went in about 3 hours after opening and I was the first one to get it. Why though? The people at electronics couldn't find the box out by them so they turned them away saying they had no stock, and to go to Troy instead (I was at the one in Bloomfield on Telegraph in MI)

A guy I spoke to about it a few days ago had just started his shift and knew what I was there for, and told the two that Lottie had been in the back the whole time.

Check Brickseek before leaving, they should have it and thankfully the guy knew they were in the back and actually tried to look!

yea i went to the one in brighton MI i checked brickseek yesterday they had 50 checked before i left around noon then it showed 38 so i knew people had bought them already but the still didnt have them on shelves yet just in boxes behind the counter.

Jawmuncher

did you check brickseek to see if they had them in stock? Apparently alot of targets had no idea they had an exclusive amiibo coming today and had them in the back

I guess they haven't scanned them since it looks like my store still has their entire stock of them. Oh well it's not a big deal, ordered it online and used the 10% off code and there's also currently no shipping there so it all works.

Got Lottie! Went in around quarter to 9, they didn't have any on the shelf (but, oh my stars, they had a couple Gannondorfs and like one other amongst the hordes of Dr Marios) so I asked an employee about them. Turns out they had a ton of them in a cart up by the registers.

I've never experienced this before (with a toy) but they actually forced my friend and I to buy them right then and there, we had other stuff to go get but we weren't allowed to wander the store with them unless we bought them. I guess it's because it was a new release or something?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Got Lottie! Went in around quarter to 9, they didn't have any on the shelf (but, oh my stars, they had a couple Gannondorfs and like one other amongst the hordes of Dr Marios) so I asked an employee about them. Turns out they had a ton of them in a cart up by the registers.

This was my experience as well.

I guess they haven't scanned them since it looks like my store still has their entire stock of them. Oh well it's not a big deal, ordered it online and used the 10% off code and there's also currently no shipping there so it all works.

if they show up on brickseek that means they got scanned in sounds like the people you talked to didnt know what they were looking for but hey atleast ya got one :)

Defect

Just preordered the Megaman bundle from BestBuy.

I also remembered that I could sign up for the 6 month Amazon Prime Student trial so now I have that 2 day free shipping on Chibi Robo :D

Hylian7

My girlfriend had the idea to for me to use this small bookshelf neither of us used for anything for my amiibos in the living room. So here it is:

JwAc8qc.jpg

Apologies for poor quality, it's my Nexus 5's camera that took it.

Also my Classic Color 8-bit Mario came in today.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Lottie this morning and figured I'd stop by Toys R Us to see if they still had any mega yoshi since I couldn't go last weekend.

Found about 5 there so I grabbed one and a Mario at 40% off since I still didn't have him. Oh and picked up my Falco pre-order from Best Buy! Pretty good day for amiibo hunting.

Velcro Fly

temptation was real to preorder animal crossing wave 2 from amazonjp but i don't think the AC waves will be hard to come by like smash. stock is better and demand is way less since amiibo festival is being so poorly received.

the super nerd in me wants to build an animal crossing display so all my ac amiibo and villager can be in a sort of town.

but that would be a project for a much later time.

Persona7

Banned
I've noticed that Wal-mart seems to always have a bunch of ZSS amiibo while they are pretty hard to come by pretty much everywhere else except toys r us in my area.

Ashhong

Got my Green Yoshi at a slightly higher price only to see Amazon now has it for only 16! Oh well. Love it so much i might get a blue to go with it..

Shauni

Do we have any idea about what Modern 8-bit Mario will be like for Wal-mart's black friday? Online only? In-store only? Etc, etc.

G0523

Went to Best Buy today to pick up my Falco amiibo. Ohh man I was not expecting their toys-to-life aisle to be so plentiful!

Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Greninja, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Fox, Falco, Marth, and the usual commons in very ample supply! It was so wonderful to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom