• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The true amiibo we deserve
cgx9vhzuiaa6kwg.jpg-uka3d.jpeg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think there would've been a restock with Ultra Smash considering Wario & a few others who haven't been restocked lately make use of them.

Meanwhile, I've got Lucas (import), Villager, & Modern 8-bit Mario being sent to me via friend later this month.

leroidys

Unless you need it right now I would just hold off, there should be a restock coming soon on him.

Will do, thanks :)

You'd think there would've been a restock with Ultra Smash considering Wario & a few others who haven't been restocked lately make use of them.

Meanwhile, I've got Lucas (import), Villager, & Modern 8-bit Mario being sent to me via friend later this month.

Ultra Smash also seems like a good opportunity for them to bring out Super Mario line 2, especially since apparently there's a new version of Toad coming out if Paper Jam is anything to go by.

Ultra Smash also seems like a good opportunity for them to bring out Super Mario line 2, especially since apparently there's a new version of Toad coming out if Paper Jam is anything to go by.

Whoa whoa whoa, my main man Toad might get another Amiibo? I haven't played any of M&L: Paper Jam, can you expand on that?

leroidys

Whoa whoa whoa, my main man Toad might get another Amiibo? I haven't played any of M&L: Paper Jam, can you expand on that?

Apparently there are a few amiibo characters that you can unlock special items with, but only if you have two different amiibo of them, e.g. 8bit mario and smash bros mario, and toad is one of those characters.

So are we all pretty much in agreement that the Roy Amiibo will be officially announced as a GameStop exclusive (and probably go up for preorders not soon after) the Tuesday Smash Direct?

Apparently there are a few amiibo characters that you can unlock special items with, but only if you have two different amiibo of them, e.g. 8bit mario and smash bros mario, and toad is one of those characters.

Ohhhhh snap :O

I know it's unlikely given how old the game is now but I hope it's a Captain Toad figure. I wonder what it could be...

Will do, thanks :)

It's looking like Ultra Smash bombed even worse than MP10, so not gonna happen, probably.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They don't have silver or gold Mario on there, interestingly. & not as surprising, anyone from 2016 & beyond.

Velcro Fly

best part of the smash direct is going to be thinking about the new amiibo we get to go with the new fighters

also i'd totally take the SMB wave 2 right now with Waluigi and better dressed Wario and whoever else from Mario Tennis that doesn't have one

Dark Editions of Skylanders Superchargers are $60 at Toys 'R Us at the moment. That's the cheapest I've seen the Dark Editions. I bought them for $100 right after Black Friday thinking that they wouldn't go on sale. Luckily, I saved the receipts and rebought them and then just returned the ones I bought today with the receipts from 12/1! I was able to sell the Wii U Dark version for $57 (without DK) on eBay about a week, so that worked out alright!

Wii Version with Dark Bowser

Wii U Version with Dark DK

Zalman

best part of the smash direct is going to be thinking about the new amiibo we get to go with the new fighters

also i'd totally take the SMB wave 2 right now with Waluigi and better dressed Wario and whoever else from Mario Tennis that doesn't have one
I've been waiting for this for sooo looong

Today, I completed* my (NA) amiibo collection.

I was able to get all 4 (3DS Starter Pack, Wii Dark Starter Pack, Wii U Starter Pack and Wii U Dark Starter Pack) for $140 across the past 2 weeks, it took a lot of running around to different stores but I'm very happy with that price.

*for the month of December

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I saw my Meijer had about 4 Pac-Man in the clearance section for $9. Guessing those will be the final ones for a while. Don't even see the other 3rd party characters anymore.

Kirby was rather common in the early days, but now that demand for the rarer/less common characters is being met, the once common characters like Samus, Kirby, DK, etc. are now harder to find.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cool checklist. I probably won't be completing much of the bottom, though (sorry, Animal Crossing and Chibi-Robo). Wish Gold and Silver Mario were on there.

am_dragon

So my wife an I went to our local Toys R Us last week because someone mentioned a small restock of Mega Yarn Yoshi's. They guy in electronics had told us the first batch sold out in less than 1 hour so I didn't have high hopes.

TRU did not have any, and we asked the service desk to check the next closest store, and they said "it is sold out nation wide". We did some other shopping and while checking out the cashier said "Did you find everything you wanted." we said "No we came looking for a Mega Yarn Yoshi". The cashier said "Well I hate to tell you this but no customer purchased a Mega Yarn Yoshi from this store. One of the employees purchased the entire stock and hour before the store opened. They never hit the shelf." she then added that she was the one that rang it up and she told the other employee he could not do that, so they grabbed a manager, and a manager OK'd the purchase.

Over the weekend our son wrote us a 2 page letter about how the only thing he wants for Christmas is a Mega Yarn Yoshi. I do not believe I will be shopping at TRU anytime in the future. What a rotten deal to make it exclusive. Now the only option is e-bay and I think I'd rather disappoint my son then give those assholes my money.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I do not believe I will be shopping at TRU anytime in the future. What a rotten deal to make it exclusive. Now the only option is e-bay and I think I'd rather disappoint my son then give those assholes my money.

Technically it's just the one bad manager, not necessarily the entire chain would do this. You can always call corporate if anything. I mean, my local one has had a very strict policy on how the Amiibos are run and there is NO WAY the manager there would let some employee buy them all. The manager helps out at each Amiibo release and it always runs very smoothly. Well, except for one employee there.

Kirby was rather common in the early days, but now that demand for the rarer/less common characters is being met, the once common characters like Samus, Kirby, DK, etc. are now harder to find.
It's pretty crazy that characters I saw tons of everywhere when all this started like Samus, Kirby, D.K., and such are now more uncommon/rare than characters I couldn't find anywhere if I wanted to like Marth and Villager. This whole thing has turned around and gone backwards.

KingBroly

Banned
If Little Mac, Marth, Falcon, Shulk, Fox, Lucario and Greninja reprints were cut in half, they could've produced more Meta Knight, Pit, Dedede, Samus, Kirby, Rosalina and WFT and still had plenty of stock on shelves for all of them.

Looks like I'll be checking here more often. I think my account on CheapAssGamer is banned from posting now, damn.

Also I was bored at work last night and made this for someone at r/amiibo, though you guys might like it too lol

9Ihnmxp.jpg

Shit, have people been talking about how the Pokken Tournament Wii U Bundle will have an exclusive Mewtwo amiibo card?

pokken-tournament-bundle-656x369.jpg

Reminds me of when Nintendo had an exclusive "Cool Porygon" card in the Pokemon Stadium Nintendo 64 bundle..

15.jpg

Skrams

Shit, have people been talking about how the Pokken Tournament Wii U Bundle will have an exclusive Mewtwo amiibo card?

pokken-tournament-bundle-656x369.jpg

Uh, we sure that isn't just them displaying the Dark Mewtwo card that's available with all first print copies of the game? Or is a separate card from that one?

RomanceDawn

So my wife an I went to our local Toys R Us last week because someone mentioned a small restock of Mega Yarn Yoshi's. They guy in electronics had told us the first batch sold out in less than 1 hour so I didn't have high hopes.

TRU did not have any, and we asked the service desk to check the next closest store, and they said "it is sold out nation wide". We did some other shopping and while checking out the cashier said "Did you find everything you wanted." we said "No we came looking for a Mega Yarn Yoshi". The cashier said "Well I hate to tell you this but no customer purchased a Mega Yarn Yoshi from this store. One of the employees purchased the entire stock and hour before the store opened. They never hit the shelf." she then added that she was the one that rang it up and she told the other employee he could not do that, so they grabbed a manager, and a manager OK'd the purchase.

Over the weekend our son wrote us a 2 page letter about how the only thing he wants for Christmas is a Mega Yarn Yoshi. I do not believe I will be shopping at TRU anytime in the future. What a rotten deal to make it exclusive. Now the only option is e-bay and I think I'd rather disappoint my son then give those assholes my money.

That is jacked up! That employee should be ran out of town! I wanted one for myself but if I can find only one then it's yours!

What's considered rare these days? I went to the newish GS near Copley, and I saw someamiibos for Captain Falcon, Fox, Pac Man, Ike, Bowser, Yoshi, Yarn Yoshi (no megas) and a few others. One 30th Anniversary Mario too.

Anyone want me to hook it up for them? Pay up front and I'll swing by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom