• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Ugh that is disappointing

Wasting the smash ballot on a character that appears in an exclusive Wii U game while good actual Nintendo characters get nothing.

I need to think of a new name for my Fire Emblem amiibos. First they were the Four Horsepeople of the Amiibopocalypse

Then I think I had nothing for five yet since Roy wasn't out

Now six.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ByUzxgD.gif

hopefully the smash roster amiibo lineup will all out by summer Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are gonna look so nice in my collection :)

jon_dojah

Banned
Ugh that is disappointing

Wasting the smash ballot on a character that appears in an exclusive Wii U game while good actual Nintendo characters get nothing.

Me and everyone I know who bought a Wii U did so for Bayonetta 2. Would not surprise me if alot of Wii U sales came from people like me so even without that ballot I think Bayo was the best choice and has been my most wanted character for Smash. Insta-main

zroid

Banned
Me and everyone I know who bought a Wii U did so for Bayonetta 2. Would not surprise me if alot of Wii U sales came from people like me so even without that ballot I think Bayo was the best choice and has been my most wanted character for Smash. Insta-main

Sounds like a nice bubble you're living in :p

(Stoked as hell for Bayo tho)

jon_dojah

Banned
Sounds like a nice bubble you're living in :p

(Stoked as hell for Bayo tho)

Between the Virtua Fighter Mii costumes and Bayonetta's Jeanne costume (Jeanne inspired by Virtua Fighter Jean) Nintendo sure does make a Sega Virtua Fighter addict like me go crazy.

Boogiepop

Oh hey, we have a finish line for the Smash series! 6 more to go! (Of course I shall never be free from the amiibo curse, but it'll be nice to at least have the Smash line finished.)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
viIYHrO.png

Updated! I left room underneath Roy since he's pretty much been confirmed as a GS exclusive, but I'm going to wait for official word first.

Also don't mind the dumb wave numbering. Nobody knows what a wave even is anymore. I'll probably go back and fix up the Wave 5/6 randomness.

Velcro Fly

i'm not disappointed in Bayo

i'm sorta sad that it's only Bayo and everyone else remotely popular is relegated to terrible looking Mii costumes

Now I'm very curious for Fire Emblem Fates, since scanning in the 4 original For Emblem amiibos gives you said fighter, what will be of Roy and Corrin?

Roy can simply be included by an update with Master Lord as his class, but would Corrin give you the opposite gender of your Corrin to join?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Also don't mind the dumb wave numbering. Nobody knows what a wave even is anymore. I'll probably go back and fix up the Wave 5/6 randomness.

Honestly, I think what you had was pretty accurate. Everything kept getting split up, so the "a/b" thing worked for those split-up releases.

Velcro Fly

last year at this time we were all fretting about the second half of wave 2 with pit

my shit sat on best buy's website preparing to ship for like two fucking weeks

amiibo has come a long way

javac

250px-132Ditto.png

Though Cloud will be a bit of a maybe; not really into FF much, especially after getting bored with XIII. Will see if the FFVII remake will pique my interest in the series again.

And I really gotta get Bayonetta now!

I've never played a FF game but I still want Cloud :/

I'm so out of the loop on smash stuff. If I connect my amiibos, do they unlock characters permanently? Can I hook up a mewtwo or cloud amiibo to get them that way?

Yep, amiibos are for looking cool on a shelf, leveling in Smash, and unlocking small random content in Nintendo games. It's not a workaround where you get the DLC character for the game by buying the amiibo.

Bah. Next you're going to tell me all the Amiibos I bought and kept sealed hoping to sell one day for rich profits in order to send my children through college was a bad idea.

Draxal

Bah. Next you're going to tell me all the Amiibos I bought and kept sealed hoping to sell one day for rich profits in order to send my children through college was a bad idea.

I....d kill for q monkey island series of amiibo from curse of monkey island now ...avatar brings back fond memories.

Thoraxes

So... I guess everything should be out by June at this rate then, probably.

I need Lucas, Cloud, (our boy) Roy, Ryu, Bayonetta (holy shit), Corrin, and Famicom R.O.B.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Someone hold me.

Are Ryu, Roy, and Famicom R.O.B. North American dates, or EU dates? (March 18th)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
any idea when the bayonetta amiibo will be released?
Perhaps mid-2016. Lucas is Jan. then Roy & Ryu are March, I'm guessing Cloud will be May or June, then maybe July or August for Bayonetta & Corrin.

All depends if they release all 3 of the final SSB amiibo at once or split it up like with Lucas and Roy & Ryu. Granted, they confirmed all 3 at once, so maybe they'll be released at the same time since Lucas was announced earlier than Roy & Ryu.

Edit: I just checked & Roy and Ryu were confirmed for amiibos back in June. That's a whopping 9 months after it was confirmed.......& after they were released as DLC.

So... I guess everything should be out by June at this rate then, probably.

I need Lucas, Cloud, (our boy) Roy, Ryu, Bayonetta (holy shit), Corrin, and Famicom R.O.B.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Someone hold me.

Are Ryu, Roy, and Famicom R.O.B. North American dates, or EU dates? (March 18th)

EU dates (they release on Fridays in Europe) or so it was in the EU direct...

If the US one says the same, I guess, it will that day too for the US I guess...

Morts

So there's the last six Smash amiibos plus Wolf Link, and then what? Do you guys think Nintendo can keep this amiibo thing big in 2016?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zelda in general will have a line. Link was one of the most popular ones here in the US. You KNOW Nintendo will make something for Zelda down the line considering all the games they could use. OoT, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess. Wind Waker. Heck, imagine an 8-bit Link figure.

Garlador

amiibo1.jpg

I just saw this. Can anyone recommend a display case that looks like that or is comparable?

... I really hate being 6 hours away from the nearest IKEA. I need some DETOLF cases in my life.

Zalman

All I know is that Sakurai's display case is super expensive. I looked it up and it was absurd. Would be cool if there's something similar and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom