• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWx_9XTUAAAQxBH.png

Hah, I like the name is officially "R.O.B FAMICOM COLORS".
You know, I didn't put any thought into what they would name him.

I actually saw two Mewtwo amiibo in Meijer today (haven't seen him in store yet) and as much as I wanted to grab one, I had a gift to buy for my mom so I had to pass. Plus, I couldn't chance it being so close to Christmas and all. Maybe Santa will bring me one.

ShyMel

Didn't think it'd be possible but I was able to order a Villager amiibo on Toy R Us' website yesterday. One amiibo down, a million more to go.

AdanVC

Seems the amiibo hype is stabilizing now? Lot's of amiibo that used to be rare af and expensive such as Little Mac, Ike, Villager, etc etc arenow on Amazon MX with discount and everything... Even Ness that used to be a gem when it launched it's now available and at decent price, and when it launched I payed $60 dollars for a Ness because I wanted him really bad... Never again, Nintendo. NEVER!

Jawmuncher

Seems the amiibo hype is stabilizing now? Lot's of amiibo that used to be rare af and expensive such as Little Mac, Ike, Villager, etc etc arenow on Amazon MX with discount and everything... Even Ness that used to be a gem when it launched it's now available and at decent price, and when it launched I payed $60 dollars for a Ness because I wanted him really bad... Never again, Nintendo. NEVER!

Yeah it's especially apparent on the non-smash line

So I wasn't going to collect the Animal Crossing line because frankly I probably have too many Amiibo as it is, but then Tom Nook was on sale so I got him, and I like how Mable's design looks so I got her. Now I somehow have all of them except Lottie and I might as well get her to finish the set.

Maengun1

It's funny that we went through 5 entire threads in the first 6 months of amiibo, but this 6th thread has endured for a longer amount of time by itself. Almost makes me miss the craziness...

zroid

Banned
The worst is when amiibo go on sale and I end up buying ones I wasn't even planning on getting

half of my amiibo are examples of this :<

ordered Falco for $10 today.... sigh

I'm glad the hype has mellowed out but I still want a goddamned Rosalina restock or a Super Mario line wave 2 with her in it.

What are the Amiibo in the US that have never gotten a restock? Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Mega Yarn Yoshi, any others? Meta Knight?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got Villager & Modern 8-Bit Mario as a Xmas gift from a friend, yay.

....though this means I'm closing in to 50 amiibo. I'll have to recount, which has become a big pain, uuggghh. Edit: I'm at 46, I think.

I'm glad the hype has mellowed out but I still want a goddamned Rosalina restock or a Super Mario line wave 2 with her in it.

What are the Amiibo in the US that have never gotten a restock? Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Mega Yarn Yoshi, any others? Meta Knight?

Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina got a restock at Target last summer. I believe Meta Knight got a reprint sometime close to his initial release too.

Merry Christmas, AmiiboGAF!

I hit the jackpot today! Got Mewtwo, Classic 8-Bit Mario, a freaking Rosalina (AHH!), Mable, and AC: Amiibo Festival with Isabelle and Digby. While opening these I started thinking to myself why I care about these so much. I really started questioning it and pondered whether I wanted out or not. I just sort of spaced out.

Then I looked at Mewtwo and Rosalina and was like nah, these are rad, I want them.

KevinCow

Banned
My Christmas amiibos:

Unfortunately, Ganondorf was rattling around in his box, so I went ahead and opened him. And Diddy didn't come with a box. But still an awesome haul! I only expected to get one or two, not seven!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if here is the correct place for amiibo card collector , pokken tournament preorder is up on amazon japan

First press edition comes with Darkmewtwo amiiibo card

Amiibo cards are still Amiibo!

I want to pre-order it for the card, but I want to hear if they are doing any bonuses or goodies with it too. I can see it having some kind of special edition.

Parshias7

So now with my latest Amazon order of a handful of Japanese import amiibo, I now have the entire released Smash Bros set + a Lucas pre-order in.

Now I just gotta keep an eye out for another round of Shovel Knight if there is one, and the remaining DLC characters and I'll be done with amiibo, more or less. Also will need to grab a Mr. Resetti.

Tomita

Hey amiibo shoppers, long time no post. I got hella busy the past few months, so...
No one remembers me, it's cool.

Was that Link/Midna amiibo confirmed to be sold separately from the Twilight game in the US, or nah? I have no use for the Twilight remake because I have no reason to buy a Wii U but damn do I want that amiibo. I read the OT (which is still fabulous, Diggle <3) but like shit am I getting my hopes on this, I wanna know if we have a guarantee, lol.

And I'm not shocked that we still have no news about how Lucas is going to be distributed here (probably a Game Stop exclusive), and yet... Amiibos are still disappointing. ): Less than a month away, come on Nintendo. I need to know. ;_;

Isotope

Was that Link/Midna amiibo confirmed to be sold separately from the Twilight game in the US, or nah? I have no use for the Twilight remake because I have no reason to buy a Wii U but damn do I want that amiibo. I read the OT (which is still fabulous, Diggle <3) but like shit am I getting my hopes on this, I wanna know if we have a guarantee, lol.

Wolf Link and Midna recently got their own CPSIA, so a standalone release is possible I guess.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got $50 worth of Amazon gift cards, so I got the imports of Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer for like $15 each, and got a gaming mouse for $30, so I'm good on those two.

Peagles

So I got Shovel Knight and the Amiibo for Christmas. Loving the game so far though co op can be a bit clumsy. Interestingly, the Amiibo didn't have an aluminium blocker in it.

So I got Shovel Knight and the Amiibo for Christmas. Loving the game so far though co op can be a bit clumsy. Interestingly, the Amiibo didn't have an aluminium blocker in it.

I wonder if it's because it was produced on a non-amiibo manufacturing line and the competition likes to allow their figures to be scanned in-package.

I went to Toys 'R Us yesterday hoping that someone, for some reason, for any reason, returned a Mega Yarn Yoshi that they got for Christmas. No luck. That is the one amiibo that I really thought that I must have a US version because I would keep the box... but now I'm starting to think an import might be the way to go.

Ondore

Shovel Knight (January 8th), Lucas and Resetti (January 22nd), Gold Mega Man (February 23 with the Mega Man Legacy Collection) and Roy/Ryu/Famicom ROB (March 18)

Boogiepop

Plus more of the cards, which I'm waffling back and forth on whether I want to go crazy and go all in for again. I mean, I'd definitely do it if this was the last one, but since there's apparently two more coming, I'm not sure how much I can justify it. Gonna be a tough call...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom