• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
uvEeoQT.png

CAAAAAAAN YOOOOOOU DIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Here's what my collection looks like now:

Love this display! And a liiiiiiittle bit of room left for AC wave 2 and the other DLC characters :)

Question since I see that you have the Skymiibos too: do they fit into the vehicles? I'm still debating with what to do with mine, although I'll most likely keep them, I'm interested if the figures fit inside.

Love this display! And a liiiiiiittle bit of room left for AC wave 2 and the other DLC characters :)

Question since I see that you have the Skymiibos too: do they fit into the vehicles? I'm still debating with what to do with mine, although I'll most likely keep them, I'm interested if the figures fit inside.

Thank you! I can definitely make more amiibo fit if I reorganize everything but I'd have to not have characters from each of their respective series together to make it work so I don't plan on doing that until I run out of room with my current set-up.

To answer your question though: no, they don't. I'll probably end up removing the vehicles from my display so I can fit more amiibo (assuming it gets to be that big of a collection) but for now, I figured it'd be a good place to put them.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
To answer your question though: no, they don't. I'll probably end up removing the vehicles from my display so I can fit more amiibo (assuming it gets to be that big of a collection) but for now, I figured it'd be a good place to put them.

Darn, I didn't think so... And yeah, the very bottom is the best place for them to go :p If only they sold the Skymiibos separate from their vehicles...

Darn, I didn't think so... And yeah, the very bottom is the best place for them to go :p If only they sold the Skymiibos separate from their vehicles...

Even though they're not amiibo, I feel that the vehicles need to go with Power Face Bowser and Hammer Trophy Donkey Kong.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just ordered the Shovel Knight amiibo at a local Best Buy. It's not the closest one, but it's the second closest one, and I had a $5 My Best Buy reward certificate that was going to expire tomorrow that I just noticed and then used.

Mission accomplished! Will pick up tomorrow.

Gameboy415

Thanks - I'd like to order the DX version. Would this shop be the best bet to get it, or would there be any other safe bets to go with? I don't really have much experience with ordering overseas.

Other import shops (and potentially domestic ones) will probably stock Link eventually, but the DX figure is a Good Smile Shop exclusive.
Mine came out to 8000yen with EMS shipping - roughly ~$69 at today's exchange rate.

The Skylanders amiibo packs are up on Best Buy's site, but are only available for In-Store Pickup at the moment:

Hammer Slam Bowser - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/activis...-cruiser/4794100.p?id=bb4794100&skuId=4794100

Turbo Charge DK - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/activis...-blaster/4792201.p?id=bb4792201&skuId=4792201

chidrock

Other import shops (and potentially domestic ones) will probably stock Link eventually, but the DX figure is a Good Smile Shop exclusive.
Mine came out to 8000yen with EMS shipping - roughly ~$69 at today's exchange rate.

I saw a couple of other people mentioning that so I went ahead and ordered it from there earlier today. I figured it'd be best to jump on it now considering the DX version will probably be harder to get down the line. (plus the hook shot is what pushed this over the top for me)

This will be my first figma so I'm pretty excited about getting it.

(Click for Bigger)

Oh yeah, I completely forgot I took this yesterday. The gang's all here.
Still waiting for my friend to ship me Lucario, and I need MP Bowser (all of my TRU are sold out of him...so I used my coopin on Skylanders). Lucas and Midna/Wolfie are all on preorder too.

Thanks - I'd like to order the DX version. Would this shop be the best bet to get it, or would there be any other safe bets to go with? I don't really have much experience with ordering overseas.
Tokyo Otaku Mode has the DX version as well, and from what I've heard they are a pretty safe bet for this stuff! Only thing that's a little odd is that they will take the full price of the preorder when you place it, so be prepared for that.

Gonna try and get me a Shovel Knight this weekend, pretty excited to have an amiibo of one of the best indie titles ever and best platformers ever!

Vena

The Animal Crossing line going on fire sale really helped get a bunch of easy gifts for my little cousin, as she wants the whole line (and she doesn't even have the game they are for, or a WiiU), haha.

This line really did crash hard, though, guess that goes to show that tacking the amiibo to a bad game just leads to a total collapse (also some of the characters are... weird inclusions, I'd have just made Nook, Isabelle, and Resetii). I do wonder if they'll even release the last line of the AFset, if the sales are as bad as I think they are.

Zalman

The Animal Crossing line going on fire sale really helped get a bunch of easy gifts for my little cousin, as she wants the whole line (and she doesn't even have the game they are for, or a WiiU), haha.

This line really did crash hard, though, guess that goes to show that tacking the amiibo to a bad game just leads to a total collapse (also some of the characters are... weird inclusions, I'd have just made Nook, Isabelle, and Resetii). I do wonder if they'll even release the last line of the AFset, if the sales are as bad as I think they are.
They're probably still profitable for them. I just think they overestimated the demand this time. I expect the Rover and the others to be rarer.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They're probably still profitable for them. I just think they overestimated the demand this time. I expect the Rover and the others to be rarer.

My opinion is that they might cut this line short. If they were as successful as Smash (or anywhere near) we would be seeing several new waves get released. Since they are common everywhere, I think we will see one, MAYBE two more waves, and that is it. Maybe they are trying to release them alongside the cards, which have 4 series, which makes me think 4 figure waves.

Vena

My opinion is that they might cut this line short. If they were as successful as Smash (or anywhere near) we would be seeing several new waves get released. Since they are common everywhere, I think we will see one, MAYBE two more waves, and that is it. Maybe they are trying to release them alongside the cards, which have 4 series, which makes me think 4 figure waves.

I think it usually just comes down to the game and implementation. Smash, Splatoon, Yoshi, have done fine and I can rarely find any of them. I'm actually surprised they didn't try to do anything else with the Splatoon line, given the popularity of the sisters and octoling.

But games like MP10, ACAF have left their amiibo scattered all over. I really do expect that the AC line is going to get short until they release the next full game or more meaty spin-off with better implementation.

Zalman

I think we've seen every Animal Crossing amiibo at this point. Every Animal Crossing costume in Mario Maker now has an amiibo. I could see them release a summer version of Isabelle (considering she's the face of the franchise), but that's it.

Of course, they could always make new figures when they have a new game ready. It's the "Animal Crossing line", not amiibo Festival.

I'm still confused that Nintendo cut the Mario line of amiibos after 1 wave, yet left Animal Crossing with multiple.

I'm salty about the fact that we won't get Classic Overalls Wario.

Zalman

I'm still confused that Nintendo cut the Mario line of amiibos after 1 wave, yet left Animal Crossing with multiple.

I'm still expecting that to come out at some point. The Mario series is always relevant.

Boogiepop

Shovel Knight arrived, looks great! I do see a bit of sloppiness on the yellow on the shoulder-pads so I can see what people were talking about, but it's really not a problem at all as far as I'm concerned.

zroid

Banned

Wasn't it also hinted that there would be a Rosalina amiibo for the Mario Line? Wonder why that never materialized.

Wasn't it also hinted that there would be a Rosalina amiibo for the Mario Line? Wonder why that never materialized.

There were some pictures showing in game renders of a Mario line of Donkey Kong, Wario, and Rosalina. We've never seen anything after that.

My guess on the matter: Despite Mario Party 10 and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival being met with bad reviews, and focused on amiibos too. Nintendo didn't plan that far ahead with the Mario line, and they planned way too far ahead with Animal Crossing.

I'll settle on amiibo x Disney Infinity figures of Peach and Rosalina if we never get Wave 2 of Mario

Vena

I can't imagine a proper, good looking Rosalina other than her Smash version won't eventually appear. She's far too popular to be given just her Smash version.

Muzy72

Banned
If Diggeh wins the lottery he's buying all of amiiboGAF complete amiibo collections right? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm up to 34 amiibo and over $700 spent. Oh dear....

Never do the math...I don't want to do the math on all of these amiibo I have sitting in this case that I bought just for the amiibo. Nor do I want to do the math on how much I'll spend to get all of the cut characters/costumes.

It's going to be awful trying to find the Koopalings.

Dammit, I was busy for two days and I missed Lucas pre-orders on Amazon.

They went up already? Oh well. I'll keep with my previous plan of walking into Target/Meijer in the morning then.

Velcro Fly

Just got a Lucas preorder in at Walmart

No real hope of them not cancelling it since it has been up forever.

Also got a series 2 card pack with it since 1 appears to be the limit.

I honestly can't wait until Roy comes out. Hoping he's plentiful because he looks so damn good.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Never do the math...I don't want to do the math on all of these amiibo I have sitting in this case that I bought just for the amiibo. Nor do I want to do the math on how much I'll spend to get all of the cut characters/costumes.

It's going to be awful trying to find the Koopalings.

But I had to know, man. I HAD TO KNOW. Last time I did the math it was only around 400ish ;__;
God help me when I move and need to get a case for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom