• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
MOqAti7.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So since it'll be out in the next few days, let's talk Skymiibos!

I checked Amazon and looks like they are selling it first party :/ I hear Skylanders have sales often, so I might wait on these. $25 for the figure and car are a bit much. I heard that vehicles alone are like $15! Ouch! These are the only Amiibo I'm willing to wait on. The paint jobs too are... really hit or miss from what I've seen in the packs too :/

Jawmuncher

So since it'll be out in the next few days, let's talk Skymiibos!

I checked Amazon and looks like they are selling it first party :/ I hear Skylanders have sales often, so I might wait on these. $25 for the figure and car are a bit much. I heard that vehicles alone are like $15! Ouch! These are the only Amiibo I'm willing to wait on. The paint jobs too are... really hit or miss from what I've seen in the packs too :/

Since I don't think these sky landers will be OOS, might be best to wait on a buy one get one 50% off. That seems to happen once in awhile. GameStop has a sky landers day every other month it seems like.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Since I don't think these sky landers will be OOS, might be best to wait on a buy one get one 50% off. That seems to happen once in awhile. GameStop has a sky landers day every other month it seems like.

Yeah I figured they would have sales often. I'll just do that. Hope the Dark ones go separate too, at some point. It's more just for completionist' sake, really.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, crap, my plan of getting Shovel Knight at Meijer failed. I checked again around 5:30 a.m. after leaving work & still nothing. I even noticed the fact there was no shelf label for him, so they probably aren't even getting a shipment. & all the other stores that have amiibo are on the other end of town (i.e. a 10+ minute drive), plus I won't wake up until 2 or 3 p.m. and I sure don't feel like staying up for a few more hours to wait for them to open.

Gameboy415

chidrock

I know a lot of you collect other Nintendo figures so I thought I'd share:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Link Figma is up for pre-order on GoodSmileShop!

medias

The Standard Version with Link's Sword & Shield is 5000yen:

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGOR...A-Link-Between-Worlds-ver-/p/GSC_FIG_WD_00284

There is also an exclusive DX Version that includes a few extra weapons & accessories for 6000yen:

medias
medias
medias
medias

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGOR...SC_FIG_WD_EX032?site=goodsmile-global&lang=en

Thanks - I'd like to order the DX version. Would this shop be the best bet to get it, or would there be any other safe bets to go with? I don't really have much experience with ordering overseas.

Draxal

Thanks - I'd like to order the DX version. Would this shop be the best bet to get it, or would there be any other safe bets to go with? I don't really have much experience with ordering overseas.

Amiami's generally cheaper, but GSC webstoe will have exclusives and the exclusive this time seems to be very good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
One GS I walked into yesterday that had a friend working, said they were only getting in 4 SK :/ It's a smaller location, so yeah. I wouldn't wait on this one.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
^ How's the paint job? I remember someone from EU got one and said it was shoddy. Lighting is a bit dark to tell.

Garlador

^ How's the paint job? I remember someone from EU got one and said it was shoddy. Lighting is a bit dark to tell.

I'm hearing mixed reports.

I picked mine out. My store had three left. The one I have is pretty good. The other two were a tad sloppy, yeah.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My GS doesn't seem to have them in stock & both Target and Walmart don't have it listed on their site. Didn't want to order one online, but gave in & got it from Best Buy, which came to $13.37 due to GCU taking 20% off.

Thankfully, I was also able to resist the temptation of 20% off Mewtwo, Pikachu, & Greninja.

KWomCwE.jpg

It's Diggening!

I was a little shocked they shipped it and it came on launch day. After my Xenoblade X debacle with Gamestop, the last few game releases coming nearly a week later from TRU, and a few Skylanders coming from BB being bent up I was kind of worried but he came relatively safe and sound from UPS..and early before I have to go to work too!

Laws00

i got shovel knight but i was surprised that there was no silver foil type stuff under the shovel knight amiibo when i opened it up

Skrams

Best Buy usually always gets me things on day one. Amiibos or games. Sometimes I even get things a day early like the MGS5 CE.
I think it seems pretty good. Have some more pictures in a brighter bathroom with a flashlight if it helps.
I can dig it! Mine is out for delivery.

That's only 11 pictures, not a dozen. :p

Welppp

Shovel Knight will be here tomorrow. Got Kicks and Lucas from Amazon earlier. Got the rest of Animal Crossing Series 2 for in-store pickup at Best Buy. amiibo set complete!

... except for Mega Yarn Yoshi.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I went to Target and they had NONE on the shelves. I was crushed. I looked around a bit and there's a box behind the counter with four of them sitting in it. There's no employees around at all for me to talk to, so I pull one out of the box and take it to Starbucks checkout to celebrate my victory.

I hope those weren't reserved....

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ffffff!! Best Buy used a bigger box. Oh boy more padding?? No. 2 pieces of air packets with lots of room to shake around in... I took my photos but they are pretty bad :/ Might exchange it cause the crease at the top is pretty bad :/

EDIT: *looks over photos* huh didn't realize I had a few other damaged boxes. Everything that came in from BBuy was slightly wreaked, but Amazon's Palutena was fine! Might switch next time then... I guess I'll keep it then :/ No time to go exchange anyways.

Nori Chan

:O

AMIIBOS ARE BACK

I just got my lucas amiibo not realizing that it was up thanks to checking up this thread. Anything else I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom