• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm up to 34 amiibo and over $700 spent. Oh dear....

I think i'm at about $900 spent on amiibos 0_o
lots of doubles x triples throughout the year, used those for trade bait so it was worth it i guess?

i am a fool with money

I lost count of how much I've spent on Amiibo. Worse than F2P games.

CYZiUCHWQAAjR1s.jpg
CYZiUCLWcAAGckZ.jpg
CYZiUCUWMAAlLrM.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I think i'm at about $900 spent on amiibos 0_o
lots of doubles x triples throughout the year, used those for trade bait so it was worth it i guess?

i am a fool with money
I bought doubles of the wooly yoshis coz I wanted a mega and pink out of their boxes (yes I keep them in their boxes lol)
I lost count of how much I've spent on Amiibo. Worse than F2P games.

CYZiUCHWQAAjR1s.jpg
CYZiUCLWcAAGckZ.jpg
CYZiUCUWMAAlLrM.jpg

Wowsers I'm counting over 80 there. Good effort.

Marvie_3

Banned
Picked up my Shovel Knight at nws today. Still waiting to get a gold mario and then ill have them all.

Paint job on them was pretty sketchy but I found one that looked ok. About half of the ones I saw were pretty bad.

elohel

Do the different amiibos all give different things for Mario maker? how can I figure out what each amiibo gives for Mario maker?

Lucian Cat

The ironic thing is that I originally only intended to get a couple of them. But then I found a rare Ness. My will collapsed and only the collector remained. orz

I know the feel. I only wanted Link. Then Zelda to accompany him. Then oh that Mario looks cool. Then got an email saying there was a silver Mario. Then I was already lost.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I know the feel. I only wanted Link. Then Zelda to accompany him. Then oh that Mario looks cool. Then got an email saying there was a silver Mario. Then I was already lost.

Pretty similar for me; Link, Samus and Luigi were the only Amiibo I had for a good 4-5 months. I think I found the Ness in July and then the hunt began. XD

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Do the different amiibos all give different things for Mario maker? how can I figure out what each amiibo gives for Mario maker?

Pretty much every amiibo unlocks a SMM costume including each individual Yarn Yoshi and Mega Yarn Yoshi. I linked to the compatibility charts in the OT. Even figures like Chibi-Robo and certain Animal Crossing amiibo/cards unlock costumes.

The best part about owning the Smash amiibo is that it unlocks their costume in SMM, making it easier to get new costumes when you clear 100 Mario Challenge. Note that Famicom ROB doesn't have a SMM costume, but he does have a unique pattern in Yoshi's Wooly World.

W7zFkk3.png

Skrams

SMM_Costumes_List.jpg

Each amiibo corresponds to a costume. I think the only time you won't get a costume is if you scan Smash Mario and then SMB Mario since they get the same thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Excluding Shovel Knight, ALLLLL amiibo work on Super Mario Maker. Every amiibo you scan gives you a new Mystery Mushroom costume for the SMB skin. For example, if you scan, let's say Sonic, the jump sound changes along with the death & stage clear jingles. Some of them don't get the cool sound touches (mainly the Pokemon ones), but it's neat to see them do one for pretty much every single amiibo out. Thankfully, you can also unlock all the costumes by clearing 100-Mario Challenge over & over.

8-Bit Mario gives you a giant mushroom & all the enemies will wear Mario's hat & mustache. Plus a CRT filter.

Also Silver/Gold Mario have the awesome bonus of the Super Star music being the Metal Hat music from Super Mario 64.

RomanceDawn

AGITΩ;191844705 said:
So I came across a defect at work a couple weeks ago and decided to snatch it up. I'm surprised no one noticed this beforehand.

I can just imagine the hot new employee that walked through the Amiibo factory when this was caused.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Select the Mystery Mushroom, drag it onto the screen, then tap it to select which costume you want it to be.

I've still got around 25 to unlock, not counting 119 & 120 which are event costumes.

Lucian Cat

AGITΩ;191844705 said:
So I came across a defect at work a couple weeks ago and decided to snatch it up. I'm surprised no one noticed this beforehand.

I dont have this one. Can you enlighten me with the defect.

KingBroly

Banned
SMM_Costumes_List.jpg

Each amiibo corresponds to a costume. I think the only time you won't get a costume is if you scan Smash Mario and then SMB Mario since they get the same thing.

Not every costume is an amiibo, though. The Builder Mario, for example, isn't. I doubt they'll make an amiibo for the GameCenter guy or the Famitsu mascot, either.

Zalman

Not every costume is an amiibo, though. The Builder Mario, for example, isn't. I doubt they'll make an amiibo for the GameCenter guy or the Famitsu mascot, either.
Some of them could get figures in the future though. A Zelda line with Tingle seems possible. Miyamoto talked about a potential Arwing amiibo too.

Boogiepop

So at least someone else in here used Big in Japan to forward Famicom ROB right? I used them, paid it off, and it was supposedly shipped like 2 months ago and still hasn't arrived. Gonna have to contact them again, because this is lame/frustrating.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So at least someone else in here used Big in Japan to forward Famicom ROB right? I used them, paid it off, and it was supposedly shipped like 2 months ago and still hasn't arrived. Gonna have to contact them again, because this is lame/frustrating.

Yeahhhh that's not right. 2 weeks is the ballpark shipping time from anything coming in Japan.

You got those Halo book shelves reversed.

They go both ways, but they are too tall for these strategy guides to go the way you are thinking. Once I build another shelf and get more strategy guides I think it will be ok to flip them back around the other way. The way I have them now is far more sturdy on these shelves, but looks less cool.

Here is another example of the bookends being flipped.

H5610.jpg

question..
ryu, bayo and cloud amiibo (plus FE amiibo) have a release date?
curently sitting on all amiibo save animal crossing (cannot really justify it... maybe just the vendor one :X) and my amiibo feaver is raising again...
and i don't even play smash, so it's collecting for collecting sake (i do own smash, but i don't play it.. and i don't support the huge amount of dlc in smash anyway.. so :/)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bayo, Cloud, & Corrin don't have release dates yet. Ryu is coming out the same day as Roy & Famicom R.O.B, March 18th.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
question..
curently sitting on all amiibo save animal crossing (cannot really justify it... maybe just the vendor one :X) and my amiibo feaver is raising again...
and i don't even play smash, so it's collecting for collecting sake (i do own smash, but i don't play it.. and i don't support the huge amount of dlc in smash anyway.. so :/)

7uF2Cu9.png

Please check the first post for all current and upcoming amiibo. I work hard to maintain that behemoth!

shanafan

question..

Haha, I'm with you. Passed on all AC amiibo expect for Tom Nook

Skrams

Less than 11 Days left for Best Buy to make shipping available for the new wave. Please Best Buy.

Well yeah, I just meant each amiibo unlocks a costume. Not vice versa.

Jawmuncher

They go both ways, but they are too tall for these strategy guides to go the way you are thinking. Once I build another shelf and get more strategy guides I think it will be ok to flip them back around the other way. The way I have them now is far more sturdy on these shelves, but looks less cool.

Here is another example of the bookends being flipped.

H5610.jpg

Interesting. It's just that hanging piece makes it look odd to me. Regardless nice set up.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys! If you have Amazon Prime, you can get 20% off ALL current preorder amiibo, including Lucas and AC Wave 2! Right now it seems like every preorder game save for most Nintendo titles are 20% off for people with Amazon Prime. This includes upcoming amiibo as well!

Discount is at checkout, and Amazon does not charge until they ship.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized, this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary (well, the Japanese release). I bet Nintendo is just thinking of ways they can make special Pokemon amiibo to celebrate. ALL ORIGINAL 151 POKEMON AS PART OF A LINE-UP.

& they'll still be considered the most useless thanks to how strict The Pokemon Company is

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just realized, this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary (well, the Japanese release). I bet Nintendo is just thinking of ways they can make special Pokemon amiibo to celebrate. ALL ORIGINAL 151 POKEMON AS PART OF A LINE-UP.

& they'll still be considered the most useless thanks to how strict The Pokemon Company is

Just give me the four legendary birds, that will be enough for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would imagine the starter trio, "fat" Pikachu to match his original sprite compared to the skinnier one we have now, maybe the final forms of the starters, & a few other fan favorites being part of the line-up.

...........or ya know, whoever's gonna be in Pokken. Or hell, do a fan poll of the top 10 favorites of the original 151.

At least produce a Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Pokemon Trainer amiibo. They might not be playable in Smash 4, but at least they can live on as amiibo.

They won't :(

Also, it's Sonic's 25th anniversary, where's my Classic Sonic amiibo?

I see from the OP that the Twilight Princess Amiibo is getting a release separate from the bundle. Do we have any other information about that? Is this confirmed to be getting an NA release? I know that separate SKUs of bundled Amiibos have had varying availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom