• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Guys! If you have Amazon Prime, you can get 20% off ALL current preorder amiibo, including Lucas and AC Wave 2! Right now it seems like every preorder game save for most Nintendo titles are 20% off for people with Amazon Prime. This includes upcoming amiibo as well!

Discount is at checkout, and Amazon does not charge until they ship.

Thanks for this. Now I no longer need to worry about hoping for Best Buy to change over, so that's this set nice and locked down.

RootCause

The Amiibo discount with prime was a nice surprise. Closer to finishing off the smash line. The craze seems to be slowing. I saw a pair of Marths at a best buy when I went to pick up the Pro. I remember how terrible it was in the early days of amiibo. :p

G0523

Guys! If you have Amazon Prime, you can get 20% off ALL current preorder amiibo, including Lucas and AC Wave 2! Right now it seems like every preorder game save for most Nintendo titles are 20% off for people with Amazon Prime. This includes upcoming amiibo as well!

Discount is at checkout, and Amazon does not charge until they ship.

Thanks! I bought the 4 AC amiibo and Lucas that are coming out on the 22nd. It came out to about $56 for me instead of $70 so it's kinda like I got one for free. Sooo good!

Boogiepop

GCU has always worked with amiibo at Best Buy.

So, same as Best Buy ;)

To clarify, I meant I had been waiting for Best Buy to allow shipping on these since I didn't want to have to go to the store and deal with all that, and the Amazon discount working out to equivalent to GCU means I no longer have to worry about that.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Now Lucina, now you don't

1BLEkIQ.png

Bringing back a classic poster! Remember those? Man, those were the days...I need to make some more posters.

Thread title completely justified again
and definitely not extremely out of date GUYS CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET LIKE 10 MORE PAGES OR SOMETHING HELP

So it looks like that Amazon Prime now has it where you can get 20% off on pre-orders, and within 2 weeks of the initial release.

How does it apply if I already have Twilight Princess HD's amiibo bundle pre-ordered?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FREAKIN' HELL AT LUCINA BEING IN STOCK FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS. I see the news 10 minutes after its posted (i.e. when I just woke up) & nope, restock didn't happen.

backlot

So it looks like that Amazon Prime now has it where you can get 20% off on pre-orders, and within 2 weeks of the initial release.

How does it apply if I already have Twilight Princess HD's amiibo bundle pre-ordered?

It will probably be applied when they ship it. They have that lowest price guarantee or whatever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I saw that thread about amiibo Festival being $30 over in Gaming and I decided to see how expensive the Lottie amiibo since it was Target exclusive.
... It was in stock at Target's site. I grabbed it.
Was the AC line really that bad that Target has their exclusive in stock and ready?

Skrams

I saw that thread about amiibo Festival being $30 over in Gaming and I decided to see how expensive the Lottie amiibo since it was Target exclusive.
Was the AC line really that bad that Target has their exclusive in stock and ready?

Lottie is also not exclusive anymore as far as I know. She was at gamestops pretty quickly after her launch.

Also hell, look at the AC amiibo on amazon. Mabel and Nook are half off. The 3 Pack is $10 off. The line didn't do that well, most likely.

Target went deep for their last exclusives. Dr. Mario is still easily accessible as well. Heck, Villager and the Mii Fighters are really easy to grab from most TRUs I've seen also, so I think it's less an AC amiibo bomb and more a "we finally got our stock straight" thing.

I mean. Presumably the AC amiibo bombed a little considering the Amazon prices but hey

ChrisD

Seeing that Lucina is still one of the more elusive NA amiibo strikes a funny bone. They've got stock straightened out for VILLAGER and Marth, but Lucina, Robin, and WFT (maybe more? idk) just continue to elude.

Will be opening all of my FE amiibo in a little over a month. Gonna' be weird not seeing them packaged on my shelf anymore. I fear I won't even give the characters of FE:Fates too much game time because my amiibo units will be stealing their slots. :p

Will be opening all of my FE amiibo in a little over a month. Gonna' be weird not seeing them packaged on my shelf anymore. I fear I won't even give the characters of FE:Fates too much game time because my amiibo units will be stealing their slots. :p

No matter, if it's in the case like Codename STEAM, they probably won't be that good in the latter part of the game.

Ike is so horrible in STEAM, how does that even work?

Nice thread guys.

And amazing collection you've got there, wow.

Also amazed that many people opened their amiibos. I only opened the first amiibo I wanted, which is the Inkling girl because fuck yeah Splatoon. Decided amiibos were not worth it since then so... Just ordered my tenth and eleventh amiibos yesterday.

Oh, also tried to make them work without trying to take them out of their boxes, by making a small cut with a knife on the lower joint and inserting some clamps to remove the metal sheet that prevents the NFC. Ended up ruining the base underneath with lots of cuts and scratches and now I feel like a tool. Just came here to find some comfort

RaidenZR

Do you think there will there ever be a Pokemon line of Amiibo?

I wouldn't hold your breath. The Pokemon Company doesn't seem to want to do anything extra outside of the Pokemon games. They couldn't even get their shit together to give Pikachu his "pika" sounds for his Mario Maker costume, or have a custom yarn skin for Yoshi's Woolly World.

RedBoot

Seeing that Lucina is still one of the more elusive NA amiibo strikes a funny bone. They've got stock straightened out for VILLAGER and Marth, but Lucina, Robin, and WFT (maybe more? idk) just continue to elude.

Still waiting for Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight to return as well. Missing Kirby was my own fault since he was widely available for months, but the other two were scarce as all heck. I'm hoping we'll see another Best Buy restock like Marth, Mac, Lucario, etc got for the last handful of rare figures.

Hi gaf! I just got a Shovel knight amiibo and was wondering if these were rare or not out of curiosity.....or is nothing really that rare anymore?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hi gaf! I just got a Shovel knight amiibo and was wondering if these were rare or not out of curiosity.....or is nothing really that rare anymore?

Glad you could dig it! He's initially rare due to low store stock, but you can get him easily online. There's only a few actual rare ones these days including ones that haven't gotten reprints yet (Lucina, Robin, Dedede, etc).

ChrisD

No matter, if it's in the case like Codename STEAM, they probably won't be that good in the latter part of the game.

Ike is so horrible in STEAM, how does that even work?

Nice to know the Ike bit. STEAM has sat in a backlog for a few months, and I planned on playing full FE team. But just the first levels somehow kicked my butt with the two main guys, so... maybe I won't follow through with that.

FaintDeftone

I walked into a random Gamestop in the mall while my wife was shopping and they had a Shovel Knight Amiibo. I had no idea it was even out yet.

I grabbed him pretty quick. I also snagged one of those Tom Nook Amiibos at Walmart.com for $5.60 with free in-store pickup.

goldenpp72

So I preordered Lucas, the animal crossing amiibo (4 of them) got shovel knight and some amiibo series 2 cards.. is there anything else in Jan I missed? Anything coming in Feb? I went through the OP again but just want to make sure since I forgot about these.

G0523

So I preordered Lucas, the animal crossing amiibo (4 of them) got shovel knight and some amiibo series 2 cards.. is there anything else in Jan I missed? Anything coming in Feb? I went through the OP again but just want to make sure since I forgot about these.

All that's in February is the Gold Mega Man amiibo that will only come with Mega Man Legacy Collection for 3DS. That's on February 23.

And, since it's technically less than two weeks after MMLC, the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo is coming out on March 4 with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD for Wii U. That amiibo might be sold separately but we don't know for sure yet.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I keep a checklist of what's coming up.

January 22nd:
Lucas
Blathers
Celeste
Kicks
Resetti

February 23rd:
Gold Mega Man (only available with Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS)

March 4th:
Wolf Link (only available with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Wii U)

March 18th:
R.O.B. Famicom Edition (allegedly Target exclusive)
Roy (allegedly GameStop exclusive)
Ryu

TBA dates:
Cloud Strife
Corrin
Bayonetta
Kapp'n
Rover
Timmy & Tommy Nook (allegedly Target exclusive)

I've noticed they've been slowing down since all the Smash Bros stuff is out.

TI82

Banned

Make sure you read-ie diggehs post first, he gets real mad if you don't! I heard he hit the last guy who didn't, with a weenie!

200.gif

I keep a checklist of what's coming up.

January 22nd:
Lucas
Blathers
Celeste
Kicks
Resetti

February 23rd:
Gold Mega Man (only available with Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS)

March 4th:
Wolf Link (only available with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD on Wii U)

March 18th:
R.O.B. Famicom Edition (allegedly Target exclusive)
Roy (allegedly GameStop exclusive)
Ryu

TBA dates:
Cloud Strife
Corrin
Bayonetta
Kapp'n
Rover
Timmy & Tommy Nook (allegedly Target exclusive)

I've noticed they've been slowing down since all the Smash Bros stuff is out.

Hm...

Is the bolded getting a release separate from the bundle? The graphic in the OP suggests that it is, but I can't find a confirmation anywhere. I'd prefer to buy Twilight Princess HD digitally, but still want the Amiibo of course.

Zalman

Hm...

Is the bolded getting a release separate from the bundle? The graphic in the OP suggests that it is, but I can't find a confirmation anywhere. I'd prefer to buy Twilight Princess HD digitally, but still want the Amiibo of course.
Bundled amiibo are always going to end up being sold separately. It'll be supported by future games even after they stop producing copies of TP HD.

It's been confirmed already for EU, at least.

The next Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game is called "Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge." Uses Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Rosalina, Yoshi, Bowser and Bowser Jr. If you scan anyone else, you just get a generic robot toy.

Japan only so far, & it seems after the 28th, if you buy a (Japanese) amiibo, it comes with a voucher for both the 3DS & Wii U versions of the game.

Will they please fucking expand the Super Mario line already. Daisy costume in Mario Maker, new Mario VS Donkey Kong game that uses Rosalina, just come on what is the hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom