• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Will they please fucking expand the Super Mario line already. Daisy costume in Mario Maker, new Mario VS Donkey Kong game that uses Rosalina, just come on what is the hold up.
Them adding Daisy to Mario Maker is a good sign. Someone told the team to do it. Maybe for a good reason.

How I imagine a second Mario wave would be:

- Donkey Kong
- Rosalina
- Wario
- Waluigi
- Daisy

Ecto311

o21SAmIl.jpg

Seen these again at my local Walmart. So many and they never sell might even go lower. This was restocked in the last 2 days.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
http://i.imgur.com/o21SAmIl.jpg
Seen these again at my local Walmart. So many and they never sell might even go lower. This was restocked in the last 2 days.

Damn, I'd buy a couple more packs if I ever saw them at that price. I haven't seen them marked down that much around my area.

Ecto311

Damn, I'd buy a couple more packs if I ever saw them at that price. I haven't seen them marked down that much around my area.

We are at the point buying packs gets us 1 new one if we are lucky. I think we have more doubles than anything else and are done since they have been this cheap for a long time. I am just too lazy to number them out in the trade thread.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I honestly don't see the point of preordering the Animal Crossing Amiibos. Those things look destined to clog up store shelves for months.

yeah Nintendo goofed on that one

animal crossing is popular but for the game, not the characters ( aside from a few ones) but lol at some of the amiibos i've seen x coming out, an owl? if its not the N64 owl from Ocarina of time i dont want it.
Blathers? who
Kicks? who
Celeste? who

i only wanted KK slider from that line but they forced two llamas to get $$$$

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

animal crossing is popular but for the game, not the characters ( aside from a few ones) but lol at some of the amiibos i've seen x coming out, an owl? if its not the N64 owl from Ocarina of time i dont want it.
Blathers? who
Kicks? who
Celeste? who

Yeah. There are three Animal Crossing characters anyone's ever known or cared about — K.K. Slider, Mr. Resetti and Tom Nook.

The Villager gets a pass because he was made into a Smash Bros. fighter. I think Isabelle can get a pass, too, since she's been front and center with the Animal Crossing releases this year.

Everyone else is unnecessary. Some of the designs are cute — I like the red owl and the blue porcupine — but practically no one has any emotional attachment to these characters, which means no one's buying them.

Even the characters people know about, like Tom Nook, seem to be languishing on store shelves. Nintendo probably should have just stuck with the cards for Animal Crossing.

Draxal

Blathers has been there forever, he's an animal crossing staple.

Imho, this is a princess zelda/peach situation. Where there's still millions of zelda everywhere, what nintendo failed to realize at the time that a good many people wanted every one of the smash line, and not the popular ones, and overproduced peach/zelda but underproduced ones such as dedede/lucina/robin.

Same thing happened with the Mario line.

zroid

Banned

Blathers? who
Kicks? who
Celeste? who

yeah I basically just wanted Isabelle and KK Slider. Didn't get either thanks to the dumb bundle exclusivity. :\

The Animal Crossing line looks so good and Amiibo Festival is so fun when you have people to play it with it breaks my heart to see it sit on the shelves like this.

Boogiepop

Man, anyone have any idea how to deal with this Big in Japan crap? They supposedly forwarded me the Famicom ROB what is now 2 and a half months ago, still hasn't arrived. Sent them 3 emails, both through their site's "contact us" and directly to their support email, no response. They seemingly have no other means of contact.

I don't know what else to do, except I guess try to talk to Paypal to get the $10 or so that went towards the actual shipping of the item back. Which does nothing for the 500 yen for the service itself from BiJ (which wasn't via paypal), nor the cost of the original item. Plus it would get me blacklisted from them I guess, not that I really care at this point.

Just super lame, and really wish I had gone with Tenso instead at this point. I mean, if they would at least respond to a damn e-mail about this, that'd be SOMETHING, but they don't even seem to have the decency to do that.

tldr: I sure as hell wouldn't recommend anyone else ever using Big in Japan if you need a forwarding service.

Toki767

Man, anyone have any idea how to deal with this Big in Japan crap? They supposedly forwarded me the Famicom ROB what is now 2 and a half months ago, still hasn't arrived. Sent them 3 emails, both through their site's "contact us" and directly to their support email, no response. They seemingly have no other means of contact.

I don't know what else to do, except I guess try to talk to Paypal to get the $10 or so that went towards the actual shipping of the item back. Which does nothing for the 500 yen for the service itself from BiJ (which wasn't via paypal), nor the cost of the original item. Plus it would get me blacklisted from them I guess, not that I really care at this point.

Just super lame, and really wish I had gone with Tenso instead at this point. I mean, if they would at least respond to a damn e-mail about this, that'd be SOMETHING, but they don't even seem to have the decency to do that.

tldr: I sure as hell wouldn't recommend anyone else ever using Big in Japan if you need a forwarding service.

What shipping did you use? None that included tracking?

Boogiepop

What shipping did you use? None that included tracking?

Unfortunately it looks like I picked the option that doesn't have tracking. Definitely won't be doing that again in the future (though I think I just picked the cheapest option since I wasn't too worried about getting it in a hurry).

So that's on me at least, but it's still a mess and I wish they'd at least give some sort of response to the whole thing.

Edit: Regular SAL is what I used, to be precise.

Toki767

Unfortunately it looks like I picked the option that doesn't have tracking. Definitely won't be doing that again in the future (though I think I just picked the cheapest option since I wasn't too worried about getting it in a hurry).

So that's on me at least, but it's still a mess and I wish they'd at least give some sort of response to the whole thing.

I wouldn't necessarily think it's lost or anything yet. Where in the US are you? The cheapest option comes over by boat and has been known to take a long time.

Boogiepop

I wouldn't necessarily think it's lost or anything yet. Where in the US are you? The cheapest option comes over by boat and has been known to take a long time.

I'm on the East coast. And to some degree I've considered that, but 2.5 months is a pretty excessive time frame, and I don't think I've had anything else I've had shipped from Japan take this long, regardless of method. But yeah, it would definitely be nice if it would still show up, but I'm certainly worried about it at this point.

What's the best/easiest way to cut the helmet off of Samus and the head off of Zero Suit Samus and to glue ZSS'd head into the Samus body?

Anyone?

Seeing that Lucina is still one of the more elusive NA amiibo strikes a funny bone. They've got stock straightened out for VILLAGER and Marth, but Lucina, Robin, and WFT (maybe more? idk) just continue to elude.
That is why I grabbed both of them last time amiami got stock last month.

Since my dumbass never preorder the Lucina figma. :/

The Animal Crossing line looks so good and Amiibo Festival is so fun when you have people to play it with it breaks my heart to see it sit on the shelves like this.

I haven't even played Amiibo Festival (and probably never will), but I really do like the Animal Crossing amiibo. I wasn't going to get them, but I had to get KK Slider... then they bundled him with the other two and I figured I'd just get them all.

That being said, I hope they're done with the Animal Crossing line after these next four come out. These little gaps in releases has been nice.

I haven't even played Amiibo Festival (and probably never will), but I really do like the Animal Crossing amiibo. I wasn't going to get them, but I had to get KK Slider... then they bundled him with the other two and I figured I'd just get them all.

That being said, I hope they're done with the Animal Crossing line after these next four come out. These little gaps in releases has been nice.

There's still a third wave to come. Rover, Kapp'n, and the Nooklings.

yeah, I was enjoying these for a couple of weeks, buuut releasing so many different ones is getting kinda ridiculous

I support Nintendo fully, however, and am always glad to see them in business

all I really want is a Toadette amiibo though B-)

Ecto311

My local Walmart has series 2 animal crossing cards out as a tease I guess since I tried to get 2 packs and was denied at checkout. Google shows me next week for the release?

Jawmuncher

Bestbuy lost some business hard. Cancelled two orders from them after amazons new 20% game discount for prime users. Works for me, now I get Lucas and TP:HD for cheaper and day 1.

???

Best Buy does all of that too and you save something like 24% if you factor in reward certificates.

Amazon doesn't charge tax in all states, though. I still have to pay 7% tax on GCU purchases, but now I will save that with Amazon.

I will still use GCU for games I'm buying after release day, but I think Amazon's new benefit will have a pretty big impact on GCU.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Used my 30-day trial of Amazon Prime & pre-ordered a few games, then remembered you get the 20% discount on amiibo as well, so figured I'd pre-order Lucas to be safe. Now maybe I'll get lucky & they'll restock Wario, Toon Link, Robin, &/or Lucina before my trial expires next month.

Still need a reason to get the Mii Fighters. Should've been a way to carry your Mii from one system to another. Hell, imagine if it let you transfer Miis easily from a Wii U to 3DS or the other way around.

I'm also missing the Pokemon ones, but they still seem rather useless to me...

So I only have 1 amiibo as of now and have been fighting the itch to dive in head first....

Question is, do I keep them sealed or take them out of the packaging?

(For reference, the only one I own is the Gold Mario one. I planned on leaving it in the packaging. My wife had other plans....)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you feel as though you'll make use of them on the different games, might as well take them out of the packaging. Otherwise, go ahead & keep them in the packaging.

Amazon doesn't charge tax in all states, though. I still have to pay 7% tax on GCU purchases, but now I will save that with Amazon.

I will still use GCU for games I'm buying after release day, but I think Amazon's new benefit will have a pretty big impact on GCU.

I'm still mad that they added a distribution center in my state a few years ago. I don't care that I can get things in one day, before I had prime I picked the supersavers shipping for everything.

But yeah, I agree. Only reason I was going full Best Buy for games now was because of GCU. It went from a store I never shopped at to one I got everything from.

Free them all! Use them in your games!
Amiibos are toys. Open and play with your toys.

ITT people that are secretly hording sealed Amiibos and want them to maintain their value. I'm on to your tricks. >:C

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, what you do is buy 3:

1.) Sealed
2.) Opened
3.) Spare to trade

Options 1 or 2 can be used for displaying, #3 is kept in a closet.

RomanceDawn

Amiibos are toys. Open and play with your toys.

This reminds me of waiting in line for Falco one morning. One guy in line just had to justify to everyone why he was in line to buy the Falco Amiibo. So he could sell it later at a higher price. He goes on about how he sold his Yugioh decks and god knows what else as well.

He was so embarrassed to be buying the toy he had to play himself up some kind of tough guy scalper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom