• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroidys

Goddammit, bought my first Amiibo. Had to buy Lucas. Needed to show my support for Mother 3 :p

I hadn't considered this before, but this is the FIRST TIME EVER that NoA has let us give them money for Mother 3 stuff, right?

Fake edit: just remembered that the Mother 3 soundtracks were on itunes briefly. But still.

zigg

Amazon doesn't charge tax in all states, though. I still have to pay 7% tax on GCU purchases, but now I will save that with Amazon.
If your tax laws are anything like Michigan's, you still owe that money to your state.

This reminds me of waiting in line for Falco one morning. One guy in line just had to justify to everyone why he was in line to buy the Falco Amiibo. So he could sell it later at a higher price. He goes on about how he sold his Yugioh decks and god knows what else as well.

He was so embarrassed to be buying the toy he had to play himself up some kind of tough guy scalper.
It's hilarious that he was also likely earning himself some hatred that day.

Amazon doesn't charge tax in all states, though. I still have to pay 7% tax on GCU purchases, but now I will save that with Amazon.

I will still use GCU for games I'm buying after release day, but I think Amazon's new benefit will have a pretty big impact on GCU.
I forgot about sales tax. In this case, yeah Prime would be better.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If your tax laws are anything like Michigan's, you still owe that money to your state.
That was a dark day for MI residents such as myself when they confirmed Amazon would start charging tax.

But yeah, overall, it really depends on how often you shop from Amazon. The fact Prime doesn't have a minimum amount for free shipping (which makes any games $40 or less turn from free to charged shipping) is a nice bonus.

Wait, are you guys saying that you don't report your untaxed online spending yearly?
Somewhere out there there are people that do do this.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
We found out Nintendo Spain is completely omitting Wii U mentions on its latest Amiibo promo:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...i+U+en+el+material+promocional+de+los+Amiibo/

Both e-mail to Club Nintendo members and info page limit their mentions to 3DS family compatibility, no sign of Wii U.

Now it's either poor 3DS-pushing or flagrant nail in Wii U's coffin as NX is around the corner.

I feel like that ad is simply showing people that Amiibos are compatible with the 3DS now (through the New 3DS model and through the NFC adapter), which is important because that hasn't always been the case, while the Wii U always has been able to read Amiibos. I don't think that ad signals an abandonment of the Wii U just yet.

Velcro Fly

I love how I can get preorered amiibo to ship for free but if I'm buying a game it will charge me $4 for shipping, regardless of my order being above $35 for the free shipping. What the fuck are you doing best buy

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, would have to order 4 amiibo for free shipping from BB via GCU. Maybe Amazon will put them up before my 30-day prime trial expires.

Though I will say, I doubt Ryu will be hard to find. FamiROB, however, I can totally see being more rare.

So who was rumored to have Roy as an exclusive? Target?

Bah, would have to order 4 amiibo for free shipping from BB via GCU. Maybe Amazon will put them up before my 30-day prime trial expires.

Though I will say, I doubt Ryu will be hard to find. FamiROB, however, I can totally see being more rare.
BB gave me free shipping on my order, which was just Ryu. Odd.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Based on the leaked kiosk pics, Gamestop.

Skrams

Ryu and Famicom R.O.B. are up at Best Buy.
Sweet, ordered both of them.

Now to continue contemplating if I should buy the next wave of AC amiibo or just wait.

Weird, I get free shipping on preordering them. Not sure why you aren't getting that.
I love how I can get preorered amiibo to ship for free but if I'm buying a game it will charge me $4 for shipping, regardless of my order being above $35 for the free shipping. What the fuck are you doing best buy
Yeah, preorders are usually cool, but other stuff can be weird. Sometimes I can get expedited for free for some reason on normal items after they've released, but sometimes I can't. Just depends on how best buy is feeling.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't think there'd be free shipping on the grounds you normally have to spend $35. After tax, it came to $22 for both via GCU discount.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I think about it, is this the first time an amiibo is slated for a Tuesday release, if the date for Ryu is accurate?

Velcro Fly

Sweet, ordered both of them.

Now to continue contemplating if I should buy the next wave of AC amiibo or just wait.

Weird, I get free shipping on preordering them. Not sure why you aren't getting that.

Yeah, preorders are usually cool, but other stuff can be weird. Sometimes I can get expedited for free for some reason on normal items after they've released, but sometimes I can't. Just depends on how best buy is feeling.

trying to preorder hyrule warriors legends with these two and it wants to charge me $4 for shipping on a $53 order. gotta be a mistake.

Best Buy keeps cancelling my Ryu order because they "can't verify my information", which is fucking bullshit. I've ordered from them many times without issue and I didn't change my information. I even removed my card and added a new one.

Boogiepop

Put down the preorder for both. I still in theory have my Famicom ROB I ordered as an import that shipped at the beginning of November, and hopefully that'll still make it here, but I've at least got this as a(n easily cancel-able if need be) backup now. Also, no Roy? Seems odd for the other two to pop up and not him, unless I guess he's maybe an exclusive and it hasn't been announced yet?

Isaccard

Put down the preorder for both. I still in theory have my Famicom ROB I ordered as an import that shipped at the beginning of November, and hopefully that'll still make it here, but I've at least got this as a(n easily cancel-able if need be) backup now. Also, no Roy? Seems odd for the other two to pop up and not him, unless I guess he's maybe an exclusive and it hasn't been announced yet?

Gamestop Exclusive.

Velcro Fly

Yeah, I added Hyrule Warriors Legends just to check and I get free shipping on it. Maybe try again another day?

been like this for me the last two weeks =/

tried to preorder paper jam and final fantasy explorers separately but had to do them on the same order to get free shipping.

i even asked on their forum and the person replied and said yeah it's not $35 after the discount so it's normal, even though i have like 20 past orders of single 3DS games preordered and shipped for free

What's the story on Lucas stock this coming Friday - is he expected to be fairly rare? I know he isn't exclusive - is there a particular retailer I can expect to have a better chance at?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He's still available for pre-order on Amazon. I actually just ordered him yesterday or so with my Prime trial & got the 20% off.

Best Buy, you can pre-order online still, but he's not available for shipping, just in-store pick-up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not yet, because it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. It's only been "leaked" that he'd be GS exclusive.

jon_dojah

Banned
BB just sent me an email that Ryu is coming 3-18 instead of previous date of 3-8. So FamiROB and Ryu will most likely be shipped together.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ah crap not this again... I wonder if Ryu and Rob will also be available to actually put money down on.

Heh I was just in last night asking :x

kirby_fox

Banned
Ah crap not this again... I wonder if Ryu and Rob will also be available to actually put money down on.

Heh I was just in last night asking :x

Ryu is still up on Best Buy...

I would also take the 3-pack as how this will likely turn out. If you all remember the rumors back then about how GameStop would stop selling amiibo if they didn't get enough of them...I would expect Roy being an exclusive means they'll get plenty.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, will have to make sure I wake up in time for Roy pre-orders.

Also noticed I got an email from Best Buy telling me Ryu's release date was shifted from the 8th to 18th, same day as FamiROB. Kind of figured it was some kind of typo since the 8th was a Tuesday.

Jawmuncher

I'll hold out for Ryu until he's up on Amazon. He's already lasted this long on BB. I don't think he'll be that much of a pain to get. Smaller wave should mean more units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom