• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like it wasn't the end of the world today after all. A lot of happy folks in here.
I didn't get Robin & Lucina, plus another Robin for my friend, plus I have no idea if Meta Knight will be up on Best Buy's site today.

Also exhausted since I was in town since 7 a.m., quick went home for about an hour, then returned to town at 9:30 and now I gotta spend 2 hours in class, making it so I won't get home until 2 p.m.-ish.

Least I SHOULD be able to watch Amazon for the FE duo, hopefully I'll have more luck there.

...also had $5 in bottle returns so Pac-Man only costed me $8.50.

Well the target that we stayed in line for since midnight almost erupted into a black Friday style brawl. More people showed up at 6am and soon there were about 15 people in line. The manager came out at 730 and told us that there were no numbers to hand out and only 1 amiibo per person would be allowed. After we told him how other targets were handling it and that there was a store wide 2 amiibo limit, he said that's not how this store was going to do things. He went inside and the next 20 minutes became a frightening turn of events.

The line became a clump and people looked as if all hell would break loose once those doors opened. I was prepared to battle. No joke. Thankfully 5 minutes until open he came back out with post it notes. Handed each of us a number as we reorganized the line, and said we were correct in that there would be a 2 amiibo limit. Since we were second in line we got what we came for. Jiggly, Robin, and 2 Lucinas. Thankfully it went smoothly but there was definitely a moment that I saw the darkness of the amiibo craze.

Now we're in line at toys r us. 30 people deep. We'll see what they have left when we get in there. Yay!

DooD1234

Imma look around for Jigglypuff after I'm done for work but I don't have much hope. Also going to look for silver mario since I forgot to pick him up with greninja. Was just so happy to have one.

Got to Best Buy at 1130 and they had a Silver Mario left that I snagged. Also had girl Splatoon and Pacman. Went to GS but they didnt have any extra Ness from preorders and they said none of the stores did in the area. So need a trade or it is off to eBay for that. Target was out of JP at 1140ish but she said they just ran out. They had a lot of PacMan.

Summerville, SC

AdanVC

Greetings AmiiboGaf!

First post! Waited forever for my account to get approved.

Yay! Always awesome to have new users joining amiiboGaf! Welcome!

I know I'm one of those weirdos that opens one and keeps one in box

image.php

No weird at all that is cool! Display the hell out of dat Ness on it's box.

Kilau

I didn't even think about the fact of who might be a sclaper or not, wonder how many of them there were?

Overall, I was really impressed with the inventory that was still left and the fact that people weren't acting crazy.

I got stuck behind a chain smoking redneck hipster scalper at gamestop this morning lol.

He was getting constant updates from his "network", I could overhear them being upset about only getting 1 of what they wanted "yeah but we knew this would happen" lol.

He then tried to buy both of the Ness amiibo they had, clerk shut him down, I got silver Mario and the other Ness. Was fun :)

Target got ZERO Robin/Lucina.

Nebraska Furniture Mart got two of each, I was forth in line.

I have three Jigglypuffs though, willing to trade for any Fire Emblem (need all four) or Pit, though not sure that's a fair trade.

I'm done caring about Amiibo, didn't care much to start.

This is really the dumbest retail related thing I've encountered in a long time.

My pin-up sense won't let me pass up on Zero Samus. NES sense won't let me pass up on ROB and Dog. I hate myself.

Adamator

With third party sellers already selling wave 4 amiibo On amazon.com, how will we know when the sold by amazon ones go live during the 30 minute windows? Will refreshing automatically default to the sold by amazon once they are live?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To those who are getting Ness in the mail from GS, has your tracking number updated yet? It's been 24 hours since I got the email, but UPS still says there's no information. Maybe I just need to wait until later this afternoon.

rjinaz

Heads up! Just got 2 Jigglys from the website. Here's a trick.

Log in. Add 2 Jigglys from a non pc browser. Once in the cart use a mobile browser.

Use "express checkout".

Worked for me.

Edit: may not be necessary, people are reporting orders going through now.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
How did your hunt go?

Got X2 greninja for me and my pal, plus a Robin lucina and s. Mario for various friends.

My gamestop order with the whole wave just shipped so I'm on cloud 9 right now. No squirt gun but that was a pipe dream regardless and I'm happy with it all working out.

Seeing other people getting all their stuff has me pumped too. Want to finish my shift and just play splatoon all night long.

Vidiot

Got to my Tru at around noon and they had a decent amount of everything except Robin and Lucina. They even had Marth. Only grabbed a Greninja. They still had about 5 unopened boxes of him, lol.

To those who are getting Ness in the mail from GS, has your tracking number updated yet? It's been 24 hours since I got the email, but UPS still says there's no information. Maybe I just need to wait until later this afternoon.

I had two shipments from them; the one which had Ness and Charizard went UPS and they are scheduled to arrive wednesday. My other order, Pac-Man, has a USPS number that doesn't work as of yet.

fr3quency

Neo Member
ehjA1Cx.jpg

Today was fruitful. Woke up later than expected, but still managed to get them amiibo's (albeit some are from overseas). My heart is filled with so much joy! LOL

I'm still missing Greninja though.

RootCause

Got X2 greninja for me and my pal, plus a Robin lucina and s. Mario for various friends.

My gamestop order with the whole wave just shipped so I'm on cloud 9 right now. No squirt gun but that was a pipe dream regardless and I'm happy with it all working out.

Seeing other people getting all their stuff has me pumped too. Want to finish my shift and just play splatoon all night long.
Glad to see another success story. My gs told me to drop by later to pick my ness, char, and PAC. So with that concludes wave 4.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Greninja and Silver Mario at TRU. Went back to Target and picked up two Silver Marios for a friend. Another friend got us a Jigglypuff in the middle of nowhere, and I have a foreign Greninja. Ugh. Wave done!

DooD1234

Heads up! Just got 2 Jigglys from the website. Here's a trick.

Log in. Add 2 Jigglys from a non pc browser. Once in the cart use a mobile browser.

Use "express checkout".

Worked for me.

Edit: may not be necessary, people are reporting orders going through now.
Can confirm working. Go go go.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Glad to see another success story. My gs told me to drop by later to pick my ness, char, and PAC. So with that concludes wave 4.

Nice. It's a relief to see people getting stuff. I'm sure not everyone got all the ones they wanted, but it seems more successful than wave 3 ever did.

Gonna try to get the Splatoon 3-pack off Amazon today, does anyone think they're reliable for this stuff? I'm a bit new to the amiibo hunt, mostly just went to the store for the common ones (and Captain Falcon, go figure.)

Everything went smoothly at my store. I was able to hand out tickets and everyone in line got what they wanted as long as we still had it in stock. Had a few guests approach me and tell me that other Targets could learn from us. Had a group executive here and asked me about what we do differently than other targets. He wrote it down and is going to bring it up and hopefully make it policy. Sorry for the other people at other stores who had bad experiences. I am happy things went well at my store and no one got frustrated or upset.

Gave in and ordered Ness from Amazon 3rd party for 38.88 with free shipping through Prime. Worth it to feel safe. Even if I traded I would have to pay shipping and stuff. It is better this way. Or at least that is what I will tell myself.
Got the last in stock one but I am sure Japan will keep exporting

RootCause

Nice. It's a relief to see people getting stuff. I'm sure not everyone got all the ones they wanted, but it seems more successful than wave 3 ever did.
Oh, definitely. There are issues with the fe chars as usual but everything else seems decently stocked. Sooo sleepy though. :p

God I want to make a thread. Must resist urge to make a thread.

I'm hispanic myself so before anyone calls me out what I noticed today, but there was literally a 4 person hispanic family where everyone got one of everything at Toys R Us. They were at the front of the line too. Shit is annoying and Toys R Us employees shouldn't let that happen.

rjinaz

Lol @asktarget responded to my tweet about not being able to checkout:

It seems a technical issue affects some users. Please keep trying as product is still available. We appreciate your patience.

Managed to get all of them except Lucina today. Jiggly, Ness and Splatoon pack are in the mail, grabbed Silver Mario, Greninja and Pac-Man from TRU, and Charizard and Robin from Best Buy, plus Wario from Amazon UK a few weeks back. Apparently BB had a bunch of Robin for whatever reason.

I have Lucina preordered through Amazon UK so we'll see what happens.

AdanVC

God I want to make a thread. Must resist urge to make a thread.

I'm hispanic myself so before anyone calls me out what I noticed today, but there was literally a 4 person hispanic family where everyone got one of everything at Toys R Us. They were at the front of the line too. Shit is annoying and Toys R Us employees shouldn't let that happen.

It's super annoying and depressive. They even post "selfies" with tons of Robins and Lucinas and they even don't care to receive insults from people... it truly feels like an amiibo cartel in here. I have seen Pac-Man almost at $90 bucks here on Mercado Libre. Truly insane prizes even on the most common amiibo.

DooD1234

Guys, I check my bank account and notice I got charge for that extra Shulk that coming from Gamestop. Anyone else getting charged from Gamestop?

Also how likely will Silver Mario be available at the end of the day?

Went to GS at lunch and walked out with Silver Mario. They had like 4 more left. Tons of splatoon amiibo and 5 pacman left. Went to TRU in the hopes of getting a Lucina or Robin to trade for a Marth since I already pre ordered them from GS and the Amiibo Gods blessed me and the cashier had a Marth in a box.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Elaborate plux?

Making a fear-mongering thread hyping up Mexican Amiibo cartels popping up around the nation's capital, playing into people's perceptions of Amiibo scarcity and ridiculousness ... it would be fun but eye-roll-worthy at the same time. I won't do it ... I'd rather my tag not change to "Junior Member."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My brother went out and got some goodies today, one of which was Pac-Man. Then we went to Best Buy to pick up Splatoon and he got the Splatoon multipack, Silver Mario, and Charizard. I could have got my own as well but decided to pass.

Did I fuck up, or was I successfully not an asshat by reselling something I didn't want for a profit? An employee tipped us off that more should be coming in tonight, such as Meta Knight. We may go back to try and get one of those. I only really want Lucina, though.

I think Pac-Man and the girl inkling are pretty cool, but I'm unemployed and got a new modem and Splatoon so I'm putting on the brakes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There we go, tracking number for Ness works now. Says it'll arrive on Wednesday, but considering how fast GS has been in the past, expecting it on Monday or Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom