• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgeme

Got everything except for the triple pack today, had to settle for the individuals. Just waiting on jigglypuff and my best buy order to show up now through the mail. I did grab an extra greninja as I didn't feel like waiting for toys r us to ship mine, so if anyone is looking for greninja I do have a spare.

Insaniac

Was expecting charizard at my door, found Inkling Girl, forgot I ordered her!

Charizard probably in my mailbox today!

Lucina, Robin, Pacman, Ness and Wario on the way from gamestop!

RootCause

There we go, tracking number for Ness works now. Says it'll arrive on Wednesday, but considering how fast GS has been in the past, expecting it on Monday or Tuesday.
My gs told me they would be available for pick later today. Food better not make me drive for nuffin.
D

I got em all between TRU and Target today...with one caveat: The girl that rang me up held Lucina's box by the corner as she bagged it, bending it in the process! It's a real bummer and I didn't realize until I was in the parking lot. Still feel like I came out on top today (thankfully, since I was up at 4am), but man, it does sting a bit.

Btw, my Target allowed 2 per character! I was fourth in line and SOL for Robin/Lucina there (they had 3 and the one guy got 2 of each). I did nab an extra Jiggly and would be willing to trade for Dedede.

LegendX48

The one near me this morning had a couple ness and most of the others. Worth a shot if you aren't driving super out of the way.
I was planning on going straight to Gamestop regardless, there's one real close to my house. Seems they've been very random in other areas with what they got.

Rarutos

I got to Target about an hour and fifteen minutes early and got out with two Jigglypuffs. I wanted Robin and Lucina so I guess I'll just have the second Jiggly for trading...

The Toys R Us I usually go for these changed their open time to 10 instead of 9 so I couldn't wait for it unless I wanted to go into work late. :(

Wanderer5

For Splatoon? Each one has its own set of missions & extra content to unlock.

Which might as well get the 3-pack then.

Personally I like the design of Boy that I might get him by himself as a figure.:p As much as I had some fun in the beta tests, I really doubt I would get Splatoon as I got enough Wii U games I need to check out, so I won't bother getting the 3-pack.

Maybe I come around during his window on amazon.

batfax

Internet friend of mine went to every store in their town and they didn't even get Lucina, Robin, or Wario. Just Pacmans and Charizards. Sad day for Minnesotan Fire Emblem/Wario fans.

HUELEN10

6fPqSSn.jpg

TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

Okay, here's the deal. Top row belongs to my roomie, everything else is mine. One Marth and one Silver Mario, Greninas well as DeDeDe are going to my trade pile? My roomie got lucky. Rest of Amiibo are coming in the mail, GameStop 6-pack as well as Splattoon triple pack, duplicates of all which WILL be returned (I just wanna choose best paint jobs and return the duplicates). ONLY exception is Wario; I will be keeping 3 total, one sealed (like Rosie, my only other duplicate), one to use, and one for my father for Father's Day (he's gonna love it!).

Everyone in all 3 lines today was so friendly and civil, and here were lots of trades going in the line, in fact I got an extra metal Mario for trading an Inkling girl single. Here was no scalping and the one guy who was attempting to sell Ike and WFT was promptly shooed away; this is how it should be.

Target, GameStop, and TRU did a fan-fucking-tactic job today; everyone was taken care of for the most part, and we helped each other find decent online deals and set up straight trades; truly amiibros everywhere.

See guys, we CAN beat the scalpers. As for my trade pile, it is all going for trades or directly at cost!

Codeblue

So what's the rarity situation looking like? I may run into a Ness later, but all I really want is a Puff. Is that laughable? I don't know anything about Amiibos.

Haven't posted ITT in a while, but wanted to share I secured a Greninja!

One of my friends is a scalper, and he offered me $20 for a Greninja. For people he likes, he will sell it to them for $20, people he doesn't like/randoms, $45 (and people buy them at that price). Honestly, I would rather give him the extra money than give any to TRU. I have had nothing but bad experiences there.

2 amiibo for 1? I'll take that deal. Let me know. I should have a couple Lucina.

Cool. Of course I need to have the Silver Mario actually show up first, plus I might try for Lucina on Amazon. I'll let you know.

I basically lucked into both extras so it's NBD to me to do a two-for-one.

LiK

Haven't posted ITT in a while, but wanted to share I secured a Greninja!

One of my friends is a scalper, and he offered me $20 for a Greninja. For people he likes, he will sell it to them for $20, people he doesn't like/randoms, $45 (and people buy them at that price). Honestly, I would rather give him the extra money than give any to TRU. I have had nothing but bad experiences there.

$20 ain't bad. With tax and shipping, it would be comparable.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or you could just get the three pack and get an amiibo you couldnt get otherwise. No fuss no muss.
Oooh, I get what you're saying. Yeah, I'd rather just get the 3-pack instead of individually, especially since from what I understand, the green squid amiibo is exclusive to the bundle.

dodgeme

Or you could just get the three pack and get an amiibo you couldnt get otherwise. No fuss no muss.

At least in my area if you weren't waiting in line the triple packs all sold out quite early. I personally don't care enough to camp over night for these things so I settled for the individuals.

rjinaz

Cool. Of course I need to have the Silver Mario actually show up first, plus I might try for Lucina on Amazon. I'll let you know.

I basically lucked into both extras so it's NBD to me to do a two-for-one.

Yeah pm me if you have no luck. If you don't pm me I'll assume you lucked out. I'll be trying my luck at Amazon later myself. Good luck to you. Should have Lucina today actually according to UPS.

I set my alarm wrong and slept through it all... and Jigglypuff is sold out in every Target in the area.

Words cannot contain my sadness.

I may have to trade my Greninja or Wii Fit Trainer...

I got to Target at about 7am and was 4th in line. The manager came outside and told us how many of each the store had received. They had four Lucina, and four Robin. The three people in front of me said they only wanted one of each, so I got the last of the Lucina and Robin figures. I also grabbed a Jigglypuff, Silver Mario, and Splatoon Three Pack.

Now to try to obtain a Ness.

i got both inklings, charizard, and wario off the shelf at best buy while grabbing splatoon.

There were five pacman figures but i deccided i don't actually care about him.

i don't think i'll be putting any effort into acquiring the others i like. the mythical status of the fire emblem characters combined with store exclusives broke me.

jmizzal

There we go, tracking number for Ness works now. Says it'll arrive on Wednesday, but considering how fast GS has been in the past, expecting it on Monday or Tuesday.

Nice mine should come round that time too

Also is everybody seeing a lot of Splatoon Amiibo, I went to target an hour ago and there were at least 10 available

Amiibo are the same as they ever were. My buddy got up at 7AM and managed to get a Wario and Splatoon 3-pack. I got up at 11AM because I'm not feeling well and all that's left is Splatoon, Greninja and Pac-Man. So if you have the commitment to wake at the break of dawn, yeah I guess Amiibo were plentiful today. For anyone else with a passing casual interest in Amiibo? Not so much. Until I can walk into a store and pick up anything I want (like you know, the other NFC lines), I just can't be bothered to give a crap.

Wanderer5

When does Amazon go live today?

They set it up that each amiibo has its own window that it will appear sometime in.

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina: 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

Tom_Cody

Will any of the most recent wave possibly be available if I go to gamestop or Toy R Us today? Or should I not even bother at this point.

I'm going to lunch in about 2 hours and my plan is to walk into GameStop and buy 2 Ness amiibo. I don't have a pre-order and I will not leave without them.

If I do get them, which I will, I'll keep one for myself and give one away in this thread. If I don't get them, which I won't, you all owe me 12.99.

mhayes86

Haven't posted in the amiibo thread for some time, but not much luck on my end today. I'm too busy at work to run around, but I managed to stop by a local TRU and Target during lunch. Both only had the Mario line available. I did get a Jiggly Puff shipping confirmation the other day, though, but I'll have to try my luck with Amazon tonight for Lucina and Charizard. Had them all pre-ordered on Amazon UK, but was sad to see that they're restricting US shipping now.

Just bought Pac & the Inklings from (trustworthy) third-party sellers on Amazon!
I'm not gonna try to buy them off Amazon during the half-hour windows later today. That's gonna be a nightmare. O_O

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Managed to snag 3 amiibo today (with 4 on the way)
Went to Target first. We marched in a single file line to the cash register where we thought the new amiibo would be located. Turns out they had a major mix-up and all the new amiibo were actually on the shelf where they normally are every other day. Meaning all the Robins and Lucinas? They were on the that shelf, and the people last in line managed to snag them all.
I only got Charizard and Silver Mario. Wario was gone, and I feel Pac-Man will be common.

So I went to Gamestop and stood there for two hours. Thankfully I was in good company.
The employee came out in the last 15 minutes and told us the stock numbers. 4 of each of the Splatoon packs, 2 Wario, 9 Pac-Man, FOURTEEN Silver Mario, and... 1 Robin & Lucina each.
As for Ness, there were 4. I was lucky #4 and now I have a wonderful Ness toy.

Good thing the next major drop isn't until September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom