• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey AmiiboGAF! It's cool to see the success stories here and I'm glad to see people get what they wanted. Sorry to those who didn't, though, that's a bummer.

I ended up going out a little later than I wanted to and went searching for about 5 hours. I don't know why so long but hey, it's a hobby. Anyway, put me in the category of people who did not see a single Robin, Lucina, or Jigglypuff. I must have went to 10 -12 different places and not one of those in sight. I knew they would be tough to see on day one, especially after opening, but still. I did, however, walk away with a Charizard, Pac-Man, Greninja, and a Splatoon Triple Pack!

I almost didn't even get the Greninja but as I was about to leave, I saw a woman come up to the counter and ask for one. The cashier then sold one to her. Right after that I asked her if they were being held or not, she said no and asked me if I wanted one, and of course I said yes. I would call it a pretty good day all in all. My brother out in California is also looking for me so I still might luck out.

That said, there seems to be a pretty decent amount of Greninja and the Splatoon Triple Pack here (southeast Michigan) so if anyone wants to make a decent trade or just wants one and is willing to pay, let me know and I can try my best to get another as long as they're here. I couldn't today for reasons.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Shipment confirmation from TRU!! Wish I had time to go to TRU today so I could cancel that order and save money from the shipping. Ah well...

Good to see so many success stories this time around :) I'm seeing more smiles than frowny-face stories.

Zubz

Banned
Guys, we bout to be Charizard now.

I really wish GameFreak wasn't against Pokemon Amiibo being used outside of Smash. I'd push Charizard to be my highest priority, if that was the case. I mean seriously, imagine a Charizard Yoshi in Woolly World!

Was able to get the Splatoon 3 pack at Toys R Us. They had two silver Marios and a fair amount of the common stuff. Best Buy only had 3 Pac-Mans left. If what was behind the counter at TRU was all they had I'd expect most of it to be gone by closing. The clerk said they got 40 Greninjas and he lasted a couple hours.

lol i was in parking lot. I saw the line i just went in to grab my splatoon games and a extra super mario bowser/luigi. Didn't feel like waiting in line due to i had them all already. Seem'd like they had plenty of all of them did u get what u needed?

I hear yah. I would not have bothered if I had them already. Seems like they had tons of Greninja's and a decent amount of Robin/Lucina. After target, the 2 FE were all I needed (besides fulfilling the Pac/Greninja preorder).

So I got them both, but the cashier bent the corner of Lucina's box as she tossed it in the bag! Argh! Suppose it was revenge for the price match I got.

Perhaps our paths shall cross next wave. haha

Thoraxes

Out of the almost 50 people at the TRU I went to almost nobody wanted any Splatoon amiibos.

I'd say they're probably the most common around me atm.

Out of the almost 50 people at the TRU I went to almost nobody wanted any Splatoon amiibos.

I'd say they're probably the most common around me atm.

Yeah, my Target had only 4 three-packs, but I was able to get one despite being 11th in line. Seems like the Smash line is the one most people are after.

Zubz

Banned
I really hope everyone gets majorly restocked, without any retailer exclusives, after the base Smash line finishes up.

I know it's impossible, but I'm so salty about Ness that I can put Morton out of business.

Crono27

I hear yah. I would not have bothered if I had them already. Seems like they had tons of Greninja's and a decent amount of Robin/Lucina. After target, the 2 FE were all I needed (besides fulfilling the Pac/Greninja preorder).

So I got them both, but the cashier bent the corner of Lucina's box as she tossed it in the bag! Argh! Suppose it was revenge for the price match I got.

Perhaps our paths shall cross next wave. haha

Lol I was in a blue shirt with bulls hats. However there was someone in like with a bulls hats also. Yea they were Def stocked well.

Wanderer5

Inkling Boy is next:

ohitsonbro.gif~c200

Time to soon tackle this:p

next wave will be hilarious since there's like what, 3 figures total in that wave? if they make them all exclusives i will fucking burn all my amiibos lol

I melted a toy Chansey once. It was quite unpleasant.

Edit: I will have Dark Pit. I don't even play the Icarus titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom