• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Core Zero

Out of the almost 50 people at the TRU I went to almost nobody wanted any Splatoon amiibos.

I'd say they're probably the most common around me atm.

Yeah same for me, I was actually worried there weren't any of the 3-packs at Target because I didn't see them while standing in line and nobody ahead of me was buying them that I could see, it was all Jiggly and Charizard.

So besides the fire emblem characters, which ones look like they'll be rare this time around? My son really likes these and I'd like to get the most that I can. Even after I said I wasn't going to get him anymore. lol

Well I have an extra Silver Mario Amiibo. And am willing to sell it at cost + shipping. So around $18/19. If anyone wants one. Unfortunately, I'm headed to Disney land for the next 6 days. And won't be able to ship until after.

Adamator

I been watching the Pac-Man page for fun and it just switched to:

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Mr Buddy

lets say that hypothetically
but not really
somebody could only afford to get 2 amiibos during the Amazon timeframe. Which 2 amiibos will be the most uncommon in the future that the person should try and get now? I'm thinking that Lucina and Robin would be good picks (because of how Marth was treated), but i've heard that Silver Mario and the Splatoon 3 pack are already looking pretty rare right now.

lets say that hypothetically
but not really
somebody could only afford to get 2 amiibos during the Amazon timeframe. Which 2 amiibos will be the most uncommon in the future that the person should try and get now? I'm thinking that Lucina and Robin would be good picks (because of how Marth was treated), but i've heard that Silver Mario and the Splatoon 3 pack are already looking pretty rare right now.

Robin, Lucina, Jiggs are the rarest imo. Oh and ness.
TRUs across the country have been fucking stacked with greninja but after this it may be hard to find too.

Also almost everybody has Silver Mario and its everywhere. When gamestop gets 13 of them compared to 1 or 2 ness, thats your answer.

Boogiepop

Robin, Lucina, Jiggs are the rarest imo.
TRUs across the country have been fucking stacked with greninja but after this it may be hard to find too.
Ness is way rarer than Jiggs IMO. Got lucky as hell in that mine happened to have four and the awesome people at the front of the line who had been there since 3am turned down picking him up, allowing me to just barely get one.

Also, the Gamestop guy totally said that the Silver Mario was an exclusive. Yeah....

Went to Best Buy after striking out on Greninja. They just put out 2 Meta Knights!
Awesome. I went to 3 Best Buys today. No dice.

So besides the fire emblem characters, which ones look like they'll be rare this time around? My son really likes these and I'd like to get the most that I can. Even after I said I wasn't going to get him anymore. lol
Ness easily. GameStop exclusive and they seem to barely even get enough of him. Jigglypuff is a Target exclusive and Greninja is at TRU but they seem to be a case by case basis. There are plenty of Greniinjas near me (Michigan) for example.

Zubz

Banned
Well, I guess I missed Charizard and Pac-Man, but that's not a problem anymore because I was just charged for a textbook I ordered off of Amazon. It was in fine shape when I sent it, but now they're charging me $120 because the cover was damaged... So pissed about this.

D-Stubbs

How do you guys manage to get entire sets? Seriously, it's a fight for me to get the ones I want...
And seriously, guys. I will fight for Duck Hunt.
A whole lot of luck really.
And the Duck Hunt amiibo is going to be glorious.

Lren

Snagged a Charizard for a buddy of mine. Considering the stores I went to today were picked bone clean, short of Pacman and Greninja, gonna be jittery when it comes time for Lucina and Robin.

Just got an e-mail from TRU that my Greninja has shipped! I'm very happy! I thought they were going to cancel my order because the card I used to pre-order it is no longer active and they couldn't change the payment method for some stupid reason. Now I just have to wait for my amiibos to arrive and Wave 4 is complete!

Chucker

whaaaaaaat
r1Qjjyvl.jpg

CACBXrw.jpg

Thus my story of amiibo vengeance ends, I have prevailed against the scalper that bought the last 6 at launch for his "nieces and nephews".

Boogiepop

Haven't been able to check the flow for these amazon amiibo to test what it'll look like. It's the "all sellers" page I should be f5ing in order to most clearly see when they go up?

Mr Buddy

Robin, Lucina, Jiggs are the rarest imo. Oh and ness.

Also almost everybody has Silver Mario and its everywhere. When gamestop gets 13 of them compared to 1 or 2 ness, thats your answer.

Guess i'm going with Robin and Lucina then :( Jiggs being a target exclusive really sucks :/

And maybe i'll pop into my local walmart to check for silver mario. I'd heard that he was becoming uncommon, but if gamestop really has that many of him, I might have my info wrong.

thefit

Evrything arrives next week from gamespot and walmart and today it was no hassle for my wife to get jigglypuff, greeninja and silver mario pus splatoon and the free splatoon squirt gun. The green squid single packs are also on the way from japan. No scalpers needed this round woohoo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if posted, but any MichiGAF members, seems Ann Arbor & Brighton have got some more Meta Knights in.

CGNGFL5UIAE74tN.png

Shame I don't live near either of those places....

Can't believe I got Charizard from amazon. I am ecstatic. All I need is Robin and Lucina.

Charizard lasted for 14 minutes, so I guessing Robin and Lucina will last 5 minutes probably.

Amazon is handling this so well and effectively.

So weird thing I just noticed, and I'm sorry if I just did now, but the new amiibos are being packaged with a bit of plastic over the front of the stand, I'm guessing so Nintendo avoids them becoming dislodged and flopping around in the bubble as I have seen multiple times (it's a rare misprint! hooray!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom