• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone edit the first post please? They're ALL wave 5, there is no wave 6 yet. Referring to Dr Mario/Olimar etc

We've been discussing this for a while now. I consider two months to be long enough time to separate them, and Nintendo themselves separated them in the Direct.

UEY969s.png

Unless they do a last minute change like with Greninja and Jigglypuff, we're most likely going to call them waves 5 and 6.

CyberNexus

Neo Member
We've been discussing this for a while now. I consider two months to be long enough time to separate them, and Nintendo themselves separated them in the Direct.

UEY969s.png

Unless they do a last minute change like with Greninja and Jigglypuff, we're most likely going to call them waves 5 and 6.

Well here's the thing. They were announced at the same time. Wave 3 was also released at a staggered time.

SalvaPot

Well here's the thing. They were announced at the same time. Wave 3 was also released at a staggered time.

Wave 2 and 3 also were announced at the same time and Wave 3 was released like that because of shipment issues, not because it was planned like that. The plan was to release them all together.

Wave 2 and 3 also were announced at the same time and Wave 3 was released like that because of shipment issues, not because it was planned like that.

Yup, all of wave 3 was supposed to release on Feb. 1st in the US. IIRC no one knew that changed until really close to launch. Like, days.

Kilau

Yeah wave 3 was staggered for other reasons. The few days/weeks between those figures is not the same as the two month gap we are looking at now. It's still very much a possibility that Nintendo will build out wave 5 with some characters not yet dated.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So probably at E3 we'll get more news for the Wave 5 situation?

Ideally we should get something, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. For all we know, they could delay everything and release every remaining Smash figure on the same day in a gigantic cataclysmic event.

With no preorders and each one being a separate store exclusive.

It's probably been there for a while but I just noticed this display at Best Buy this weekend:

Tom Nook Smash DLC confirmed?

Kidding of course, but I wonder why he's on an amiibo display when he doesn't have an amiibo. Everyone else on there does.

It's probably been there for a while but I just noticed this display at Best Buy this weekend:

Tom Nook Smash DLC confirmed?

Kidding of course, but I wonder why he's on an amiibo display when he doesn't have an amiibo. Everyone else on there does.

I think I still have a picture were they have a Tom Nook silhouette as an amiibo, it was on some marketing in a GameStop. I'll see if I can find it .later.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ideally we should get something, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. For all we know, they could delay everything and release every remaining Smash figure on the same day in a gigantic cataclysmic event.

With no preorders and each one being a separate store exclusive.

Yeah I was pretty mad that they previewed the new Amiibos during the first Direct of the year, and then we didn't hear anything till the next one :/

I keep telling myself "only two in the next wave... only two in the next wave..." We ARE well over halfway done with Smash, after all! Positive thinking (so we can cry less...)

Ryfferr

29 More days till Palutena, Dark Pit, Ganondorf and ZSS are mine.

I'll only need ROB, G&W, Duck Hunt since I already have Lucas and Mewtwo preordered.

I can't wait for this to be over with. $25 per amiibo is super expensive.

Peagles

I'll only need ROB, G&W, Duck Hunt since I already have Lucas and Mewtwo preordered.

Price match them!

Armaly

Woah, when did the Lucas preorders go up?!

Converse

Banned
So how common or uncommon are we thinking the Inkling Girl is going to be?

I was really hoping to be able to get the three pack on Friday, but despite showing up at a Target, GameStop and Toys R Us before opening, I couldn't score one. I did manage to get an Inkling Boy, but I've given up on the three pack (really wanted the Squid Beats mini-game for Splatoon, but I'll live). However, I'm dead set on having an Inkling Girl/Boy set, but I'm leaving town for a week-long vacation, so I can't really have anything shipped to my apartment at the moment -- thinking of scouring stores while I'm away.

If I can score the Inkling Girl, I'm done until Chibi Robo. Chibi Robo is getting an amiibo, ya'll! What a world we live in.

Joei

UEY969s.png

That September release looks so good. On the one hand I only want ZSS and Ganon, on the other hand, I want them all, lol.

Ryfferr

Also considering the news that Aussies are getting restocks of Little Mac, Capt Falcon, WFT and Villager its not too absurd to think they're gonna reach NZ shores too right?

I mean we both had restocks of MK, Marth and Ike so...

I just really want a Little Mac at normal price (canceled my play asia order)

So I have a Target about 25 miles away with 20 Lucinas. and a few Jigglypuffs. If I wanted to get them for some gaffers whats the best way to go about it?

Use a credit card and pay off the purchase once you get paid so you don't get charged interest? Not really sure what else to suggest.

I don't have one. I'm heading to bed. I'll see if I can borrow some money from a friend. IF I couldn't sell them I could just return them as long as I break even I'm happy.

I don't have one. I'm heading to bed. I'll see if I can borrow some money from a friend. IF I couldn't sell them I could just return them as long as I break even I'm happy.

Get me a silver mario and i will pay you double and suck you off...

Ok the head part is a joke.. just incase you get serious on me lol

SaviourMK2

Since we have no actual date in July, do you guys think they'll really releas in July Or doyou think they're ballparking it?

With the Japanese ones they gave clear dates.

it's ok, i will think of something..

well if anyone on here wants to make a quick buck to sort me out..

Theres no Silver Mario in the UK?

Since we have no actual date in July, do you guys think they'll really releas in July Or doyou think they're ballparking it?

With the Japanese ones they gave clear dates.

Theres no Silver Mario in the UK?

same as gold mario, murica only to my knowledge.
So imports only which is a pain because only scalpers sell them at extortion, last i checked £120..

Rootbeer

Banned
zavvi still hasn't shipped greninja... it's now 3 days past the expected ship date they list on my order page.

I did submit a question about the order to them, haven't heard back.

If anyone has their wave 4s from zavvi ship... please let us know.

So I have a Target about 25 miles away with 20 Lucinas. and a few Jigglypuffs. If I wanted to get them for some gaffers whats the best way to go about it?

idk man, if its that brick seek site telling you this than i'd be cautious , that site was good for launch numbers but after it is wonky x not true, at least for me

but the hunt is strong , go for it :D

Shine

Neo Member
So I walked in to eb games the other day and they had 3 Ikes on the shelf. Though about buying them but didn't in the end. I wonder if they are still there lol.

wonder what the pricing will be for the yoshi amiibo here in the usa since there 600 more yen than regular amiibo. Ima guess they will be $14.99 or 15.99

rjinaz

My Shulk shipped this morning. For those that were charged last week but didn't have it shipped, check your orders.

Kilau

My Shulk shipped this morning. For those that were charged last week but didn't have it shipped, check your orders.

Shulk shipped for me too, amazing to think I ordered it almost 4 months ago. Shulk completes my set of all released amiibo, I am excite.

ZeroCDR

3gXIgMr.jpg

My best friends picked up the last one while they were at an out of town Best Buy and surprised me, just when I was starting to think the restock had slipped my grasp :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH SNAP, a bundle for Chibi-Robo?!?! AND IT'S US?!?

So basically, amiibo lets you grow bigger & stronger. Plus more amiibo support later.

Coming Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom