• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Hmm might settle for a Moto E as a temp phone until next year. Seems very competitive for the price I found. And better than a Lumia 520 . Still trying to search for a 1st gen Moto G for cheap. I hadn't realised how much of value bargain the phone was. If anyone else has any suggestions for very cheap smartphones (around 50£ level), that would be great. I've been searching through used two year old handsets, etc. I think I've exhausted all possibilities.

spwolf

That Z3 comoact ultra stamina mode is great. It is a shame you lose the web browser, but it'll still let you send and receive calls and texts, which is what you really don't want to lose if you're out somewhere away from a charger. The review talking about it kicking in at 40% was a bit silly though. More likely at <20%

Need to check if my wife's M2 has this and set it up for her

I think "old" Ultra Stamina disabled some features but it wasnt like this... this is basically all new launcher which makes it behave like feature phone so you can extend the last part of battery life. You can turn it on manually whenever (hence 40%) but I think by default it turns on at 15% (if you have it on).

It is pretty good idea to have all new launcher for extra battery life... kudos for them for looking at it from every possible way.

And damn at Z3 and Z3C results at PhoneArena, vs competition. Almost double the life of Iphone 6? What happened to extra long battery test from Anandtech?

spwolf

I'm not :(.

I was going to root my phone, then I got lazy and scared. Now I don't want to bother :p

if you didnt root your phone and installed xposed (with gravity + other mods), you are literally missing half of the experience. It is like having iPhone without cydia.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope Google just keeps the current N5 and adds an N6 ala Apple.

My LG G3 allows me to import custom icons. Let's say that I want to make my phone icons classically geeky in that time honored tradition of comics, cartoons, movies and video game sort of way. Where do I go for icon packs that take advantage of my screens higher resolution?

VanWinkle

My new LG G3 is so amazing. If there was one complaint I have about it so far, it's that it takes too long after taking a picture to view it. It may not be a really long time technically, but it feels really long compared to even my Galaxy Nexus. Not sure why.

Other than that...so awesome.

manfestival

cant wait to get my freaking moto g. HURRY UP AMAZON! I pay 1 day shipping and its telling me that I will probably receive it FRIDAY! FFFFFFFFFF

My LG G3 allows me to import custom icons. Let's say that I want to make my phone icons classically geeky in that time honored tradition of comics, cartoons, movies and video game sort of way. Where do I go for icon packs that take advantage of my screens higher resolution?

mycolorscreen.com, possibly deviantart, xda-developers.com and the google play store. Search icons.

That's all I got

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This kerfuffle over Bendgate/Bendghazi is surreal

"You shouldn't be sitting with your phone in your front pocket anyways"

What? Is this real life? What?

A dude in there chastised iPhone owners who didn't buy an otterbox case before stepping out of the store. He believes this is their fault. I'm dead serious. lol

That thread is a mess. I leave my phone in my pocket all the time, so I guess the Iphone 6 isn't for me then. I didn't reply in that thread for fear that I would say something stupid and get banned from this great site.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That thread is a mess. I leave my phone in my pocket all the time, so I guess the Iphone 6 isn't for me then. I didn't reply in that thread for fear that I would say something stupid and get banned from this great site.
Controversial minority opinions get you banned, no matter how well you support them. Don't believe the bs that they don't.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This thread kinda sucks. Wish we had PCTX back. New people aren't near as fun or funny.

WTB better juniors/new posters.

After this iOS 8.0.1 shitshow, I'm never going to complain again about Google taking their sweet, sweet time to roll out Android updates to Nexus devices.

Groof

After this iOS 8.0.1 shitshow, I'm never going to complain again about Google taking their sweet, sweet time to roll out Android updates to Nexus devices.

don't kid yourself, you'll be here next year complaining the fuck out of googs as will the rest of us

This thread kinda sucks. Wish we had PCTX back. New people aren't near as fun or funny.

WTB better juniors/new posters.

What kind of shit is this, why don't you provide some sort of substance instead of shitting on other/ new posters to the thread?

Same kind of attitude that got NBA gaf fucked up

I don't get how people can have their phone in their back pocket and sit fine and not worry about damage? Personally, I hate using back pockets.

Toki767

I don't get how people can have their phone in their back pocket and sit fine and not worry about damage? Personally, I hate using back pockets.

I never use my back pocket, but I keep my G3 in my side pocket. A 5.5" phone that I don't even notice I have in my pocket sometimes.

Then again I don't make it a habit to wear skinny jeans.

I never use my back pocket, but I keep my G3 in my side pocket. A 5.5" phone that I don't even notice I have in my pocket sometimes.

Then again I don't make it a habit to wear skinny jeans.
I only use my back pocket for my wallet. I never understood why people placed their phones in their back pockets. I'd think that I'm squishing it with my butt cheek. Slim Straight jeans for life.
Unless I gain weight.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What kind of shit is this, why don't you provide some sort of substance instead of shitting on other/ new posters to the thread?

Same kind of attitude that got NBA gaf fucked up

This is exactly what I mean.

People taking this to serious including my last post such as the quoted post above. LoL

You all need to lighten up and just have fun that we shit on everything. OG Android GAF was like Statler and Waldorf!

627.gif

Groof

I can't see how anyone can have anything in their back pocket. I hate it. At most I can have like a receipt or a piece of paper, but sometimes I find even that annoying.

NH Apache

Banned
Was thinking about that trade in promo for the note. Figured I would see if the old Galaxy S Captivate would be worth more than 10 bucks on the Tmobile trade page.

Worth 13 oh yeah.

Talon

I can't see how anyone can have anything in their back pocket. I hate it. At most I can have like a receipt or a piece of paper, but sometimes I find even that annoying.
Yeah, it makes no sense to me. What do you expect to happen after putting your fat ass on it?

reKon

Banned
what happened to copernicus? was he actually permed?

also, there was this one poster in Android GAF who was obsessed with bigger phones and had a ridiculous photo of one of these larger phones in his pocket. I think he was banned. I can't remember what his name was! I think it's hilarious thought that his vision of a perfect phone is actually coming true because of how big flagships have gotten.

VoxPop

It's kinda funny to see even the real Apple diehards defending the bending and saying it shouldnt be put in a front pocket. It's actually quite ridiculous. Thankfully I'm not having any bending issues on the 6.

Over/Under on Samsung making an ad about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom