• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

QP3

Android crushes windows phone in features. I don't even think they are comparable. If camera is not a huge deal check out the new Moto X as well.

Windows is far from dominant in the the battle between Android and iOS. Windows phone are nice and snappy, but it has a very sparse app store . It doesn't get the same app support as the other two. That's something to consider when getting any Windows phone. I would go with the android version.

Perfect, once again gaf comes through. Thank you much!

Switching from the S5 to the Galaxy Alpha has been a dream. So much lighter and much better to hold. Even think the camera is better even though it's less megapixel. I'd say this is Samsung's best phone they've ever made.

Until the Note 4.

spwolf

What everyone's here for:
gsmarena_222.jpg

Not as good as the Z3C surprisingly.

Apparently screen is extra bright at 866 nits... does the GSMArena set the screen brightness to 50% or do they actually measure 150nits like some outlets? Because this thing has a lot brighter at 50% than Z3C. Otherwise, web browsing test 12+ hrs... yay!

fake edit: yes, they set at 50% of maximum, so that means it is a lot brighter during testing than any other phone, including Z3C (20% brighter than Z3C).

Apparently screen is extra bright at 866 nits... does the GSMArena set the screen brightness to 50% or do they actually measure 150nits like some outlets? Because this thing has a lot brighter at 50% than Z3C. Otherwise, web browsing test 12+ hrs... yay!

fake edit: yes, they set at 50% of maximum, so that means it is a lot brighter during testing than any other phone, including Z3C (20% brighter than Z3C).
Man, browsing for that long is still a dream to me. My shitastic phone can't even stay on for 3hrs while simultaneously texting and web browsing. The Z3 battery is a thing of beauty.

NotBacon

Okay. Swtiching to andriod from iphone. Where do I start? Could someone break down the newest phones, brands, models, etc. for me? or point me in the right direction?

Just some quick researching and the HTC One M8 caught my eye. Is this one of the front runners?

Thanks for any help!

Moto X:
Pro - Awesome features and experience
Con - Subpar battery life

Z3/Z3C:
Pro - Unrivaled battery life. Check out the numbers.
Con - Hard to get and questionable design decisions (SW & HW)

M8:
Pro - Awesome build quality and speakers
Con - Camera

Android crushes windows phone in features. I don't even think they are comparable. If camera is not a huge deal check out the new Moto X as well.

Hey brah ain't nothing wrong with the new Moto X camera. Unless you're looking for something insanely good I guess...

HGStormy

Banned
The green Z3C is exclusive in the UK?! Damn :( I really liked the color. I wish it would come out in the US so I can finally decide whether I want to get one or keep my iPhone 6.

Moto X:
Pro - Awesome features and experience
Con - Subpar battery life

Z3/Z3C:
Pro - Unrivaled battery life. Check out the numbers.
Con - Hard to get and questionable design decisions (SW & HW)

M8:
Pro - Awesome build quality and speakers
Con - Camera

Hey brah ain't nothing wrong with the new Moto X camera. Unless you're looking for something insanely good I guess...

No shit but its still worse than an iPhone which he's leaving so he deserved to know.

But are you still using it? I mean, will it even see Android L?

Anyways, people need to grow up over a 5.9" phone... It makes sense since we need to go bigger.

Since when did we need to go bigger. Getting rid of my nexus 5 for the smaller more comfortable 2013 Moto X was a godsend

Groof

I actually saw this Korean guy on vacation while in London who had a g flex.

Considering I saw dozens of vu's while in Korea I'm not surprised though.

terrier

Okay. Swtiching to andriod from iphone. Where do I start? Could someone break down the newest phones, brands, models, etc. for me? or point me in the right direction?

Just some quick researching and the HTC One M8 caught my eye. Is this one of the front runners?

Thanks for any help!

what do you need? screen? battery life? performance?

Coming from iphone which is 4 inches i'd go for z3 compact, 4.6'' great battery life and specs, plus watter proof and close to android stock UI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThP9xatPdE#t=27

Windows is far from dominant in the the battle between Android and iOS. Windows phone are nice and snappy, but it has a very sparse app store . It doesn't get the same app support as the other two. That's something to consider when getting any Windows phone. I would go with the android version.

should also consider that many WP smartphones do not support static IP, which is weird but for some people that may be an issue

Cipherr

are we still pretending that the HTC One series of mobile handsets have good build *quality* and not just 'exotic materials' of dubious endurance?

I haven't heard of widespread issues with HTCs flagships since the very first in the One line 3 years ago when they were using polycarbonate chassis. Their phones since have been metal and built good without any massive issues that I can recall.

PaulLFC

Is there a way to play Google Play pinned music in other music apps (Poweramp etc)?

From a quick Google I'm guessing not, but posting this here in case anyone has found a way.

I do like the Google Music app, but when the Z3 arrives I want to try out some of Sony's sound stuff to see if they're actually the enhancements they're labelled as - except I think those require use of Sony's own Walkman music app.

Best I can find is that Google pinned music can be seen by Poweramp, but has no metadata so it's just a list of unknown MP3s.

markot

Banned
Sometimes the audio enhancements are system based not just app based.

For an eg. With my note 3 when I click equaliser in play music it opens the Samsung equaliser.

Nicktendo86

If shamu really is 6 inches I might sell my n4 and n7 to pay for it and just have a phablet instead of the two devices. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom