• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfestival

This kerfuffle over Bendgate/Bendghazi is surreal

"You shouldn't be sitting with your phone in your front pocket anyways"

What? Is this real life? What?

I think this is hilarious. I have always had my phone in my front pocket. Unfortunately many years ago I had a samsung phone that I loved but it was made very flimsy I suppose and eventually bent in my pocket. One day it snapped. It sucked but I moved on. That is literally the only phone out of like 20 that I have owned that has bent and snapped

Nakazato

It's kinda funny to see even the real Apple diehards defending the bending and saying it shouldnt be put in a front pocket. It's actually quite ridiculous. Thankfully I'm not having any bending issues on the 6.

Over/Under on Samsung making an ad about it?

Bent isn't the new curved.

I did it for you Samsung pay me

PaulLFC

I think this is hilarious. I have always had my phone in my front pocket. Unfortunately many years ago I had a samsung phone that I loved but it was made very flimsy I suppose and eventually bent in my pocket. One day it snapped. It sucked but I moved on. That is literally the only phone out of like 20 that I have owned that has bent and snapped
If it bends or snaps, then as far as I'm concerned the phone is defective. Front pocket is such a common place for a phone that it simply shouldn't be happening. To think some people are actually assigning blame to others simply for putting their phone in their pocket is sad, really. We should expect higher standards of quality and durability.

VanWinkle

Oh man, Google's focus thing on their camera app, combined with the G3's camera, is CAPABLE (meaning no always, but can) of producing incredible results. This is amazing to me. I've just gotten into the stock Google camera on it (so cool that you can download it from the Play Store now), and it's really awesome.

iVoMR00kHA38v.jpg

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I just wanted a nexus 5 with a 805 and better battery, that's it, why is so hard to do that?

QP3

Okay. Swtiching to andriod from iphone. Where do I start? Could someone break down the newest phones, brands, models, etc. for me? or point me in the right direction?

Just some quick researching and the HTC One M8 caught my eye. Is this one of the front runners?

Thanks for any help!

Samsung picked just the right time to add an aluminum frame to the note, huh?

#peerpressure

:(

i should get a Note 3...

Okay. Swtiching to andriod from iphone. Where do I start? Could someone break down the newest phones, brands, models, etc. for me? or point me in the right direction?

Just some quick researching and the HTC One M8 caught my eye. Is this one of the front runners?

Thanks for any help!

you should look at the iPhone 6. the have SwiftKey now!

alternatively: Xperia Z3 Compact, Sony could use the sale.

Thanks for any help!

Why yes it is actually. Very good battery and speakers. A step up from the Iphone in that regard. A possible problem is definitley the camera. Considering that you came from using a good camera, you may be disappointed with the front and rear end camera. It's comfortable to hold though, and everything else is pretty good. Personally, I'm going with the Sony Xperia Z3.

Thanks for any help!

HTC one is a good one.

The better phones are HTC One (M8), Samsung Note 4/S5, LG G3, Sony Z3, Nexus and Motorola Moto X (2014)

Everyone in this forum is going to give you different responses to which is the best. I like Moto X (personal fav) and nexus the best due to them having the most true to android experience. They get software updates the fastest and don't have manufacturer skins on top. The downfall is they will have slightly worse cameras than the iPhone you are used to but comparible if not better battery life than your last iPhone.

The other android models I mentioned for the most part have 1.5 day or so battery life and iPhone level cameras but you are going to have to deal with 3rd party software on top of the native android.

All the android phones have pros and con's. Just do some research and hit the store to check them out to see which one fits you.

QP3

HTC one is a good one.

The better phones are HTC One (M8), Samsung Note 4/S5, LG G3, Sony Z3, Nexus and Motorola Moto X (2014)

Everyone in this forum is going to give you different responses to which is the best. I like Moto X (personal fav) and nexus the best due to them having the most true to android experience. They get software updates the fastest and don't have manufacturer skins on top. The downfall is they will have slightly worse cameras than the iPhone you are used to but comparible if not better battery life than your last iPhone.

The other android models I mentioned for the most part have 1.5 day or so battery life and iPhone level cameras but you are going to have to deal with 3rd party software on top of the native android.

All the android phones have pros and con's. Just do some research and hit the store to check them out to see which one fits you.

Why yes it is actually. Very good battery and speakers. A step up from the Iphone in that regard. A possible problem is definitley the camera. Considering that you came from using a good camera, you may be disappointed with the front and rear end camera. It's comfortable to hold though, and everything else is pretty good. Personally, I'm going with the Sony Xperia Z3.

Thanks! camera honestly is not a big deal for me. I rarely if ever use it. I did notice that the m8 comes in a windows version and an android version. What are the pro's and cons? Are either considered dominant?

Thanks! camera honestly is not a big deal for me. I rarely if ever use it. I did notice that the m8 comes in a windows version and an android version. What are the pro's and cons? Are either considered dominant?

Android crushes windows phone in features. I don't even think they are comparable. If camera is not a huge deal check out the new Moto X as well.

Windows is far from dominant in the the battle between Android and iOS. Windows phone are nice and snappy, but it has a very sparse app store . It doesn't get the same app support as the other two. That's something to consider when getting any Windows phone. I would go with the android version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom