• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppu

It would be nice if they had two sizes available. But I fear the smaller one would end up being gimpped compair to shamu. Hopefully shamu's 5.9 screen is taller than wider and the phone has very little bezel.

Yeah. Nexus 6 and Nexus 6-. I'd be willing to give up the Nexus 6's malleability to for a smaller N6- though.

My m7 is a beast. It's been through drop after drop on concrete and pavement. Sure there's a bunch of scratches on that back but the screen is in perfect shape and everything works perfectly.

The battery is dwindling though so when I replace it with the new moto x I hope it can match it in durability.

yyzjohn

Banned
That 5.9" Nexus phone seems WAY too big. Even if they had the tiny bezels it would be still be huge. Have to wait for the reveal to see if these rumors are true.

My m7 is a beast. It's been through drop after drop on concrete and pavement. Sure there's a bunch of scratches on that back but the screen is in perfect shape and everything works perfectly.

The battery is dwindling though so when I replace it with the new moto x I hope it can match it in durability.

yeah same here, though never dropped i've never put a case on it and its been awesome. I have no idea what dude is talking about and not sure he does either

Quasar

That 5.9" Nexus phone seems WAY too big. Even if they had the tiny bezels it would be still be huge. Have to wait for the reveal to see if these rumors are true.

Yeah. Seems too big for me (then again I'm happy with the size of my N4)...and that rumoured resolution. Good luck driving that screen with games.

Also bummed that the L Nexus phone appears to not be 64b.

3phemeral

Is there a way to play Google Play pinned music in other music apps (Poweramp etc)?

From a quick Google I'm guessing not, but posting this here in case anyone has found a way.

I do like the Google Music app, but when the Z3 arrives I want to try out some of Sony's sound stuff to see if they're actually the enhancements they're labelled as - except I think those require use of Sony's own Walkman music app.

Best I can find is that Google pinned music can be seen by Poweramp, but has no metadata so it's just a list of unknown MP3s.
Only if you're rooted can you access your files but even then, the filenames are a string of numbers you can't read (though, I imagine it has tagging information).

Not sure if it's changed since it's been a while that I've had root. But Google music also allows you to save music on an external MSD, so maybe you can try that and see if other programs can access it?

(Edit) I just noticed you said PowerAmp doesn't recognize the music. That's weird because I could have sworn it was tagged when I eventually found mine.

mturco

Can you elaborate? I have the One M8 and that thing is like a tank. If a take a Galaxy S3/S4/S5 feels like made of Lego compared to it.

This is Faceless we're talking about. Do not expect opinions based in reality and rational thought.

I kinda want a 5.9" Nexus X. I was considering getting a 7" tablet to go along with my phone, but a 5.9" would be a decent middle ground. I also have a bluetooth headset, and plan to get an Android Wear watch in the future. Also, it would be cool if this thing supported the Moto Maker.

Yeah. Seems too big for me (then again I'm happy with the size of my N4)...and that rumoured resolution. Good luck driving that screen with games.

theres no way the nexus phone won't be 64bit. That owuld be so stupid

Shelling out $700 for a new phone seems stupid with the new processors coming next year :/. I need a new phone though.I truly need to find a job as soon as possible.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Looks like I'll be sticking with my OPO unless a smaller version is announced. Even then I'm not sure I'll give up 64 GB, or the battery for that matter for an even larger device and an 805.

Shelling out $700 for a new phone seems stupid with the new processors coming next year :/. I need a new phone though.I truly need to find a job as soon as possible.

I hear you. I'm feeling the irrational new phone bug (M7 does everything just fine), but holding out til april of next year should have a whole new slew of flagships on the horizon w/ 64 bit chips.

reKon

Banned
God damn:

gsmarena_001.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Why? If it's not gonna have 4+ GB RAM (which it won't), does it really matter? It's not like 64-bit processors magically make everything run faster.

now is the best time. who wants a 1st gen 64 bit SoC?
I'm hoping now is the best time. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel vexed if the new phone blows away the one I just bought. For example, we all know Sony will announce the Z4 around March. What if it makes the Z3 look like fodder? Hopefully we could trade in our Z3 towards it. Something similar to what Samsung is doing with the Note 4 trade in credit.

I'm hoping now is the best time. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't feel vexed if the new phone blows away the one I just bought. For example, we all know Sony will announce the Z4 around March. What if it makes the Z3 look like fodder? Hopefully we could trade in our Z3 towards it. Something similar to what Samsung is doing with the Note 4 trade in credit.

newer phones are supposed to have better specs. if they don't, then something went wrong somewhere.

calza

So I just got a OnePlus One invite, and because it has taken so long I don't know whether or not to wait for the Nexus 6. What do you guys think?

Otherwise I will share the invite...

PaulLFC

Only if you're rooted can you access your files but even then, the filenames are a string of numbers you can't read (though, I imagine it has tagging information).

Not sure if it's changed since it's been a while that I've had root. But Google music also allows you to save music on an external MSD, so maybe you can try that and see if other programs can access it?

(Edit) I just noticed you said PowerAmp doesn't recognize the music. That's weird because I could have sworn it was tagged when I eventually found mine.
Thanks. Poweramp may well recognise it, that info I found about it not seeing the data was just from a quick Google search into the issue. I can't test yet as I'm currently using the Nexus 4 with no external SD support. Should be able to test once I get the Z3 next week.

do they have Moto X's in Verizon stores yet? I want to kind of play with one.
We need people in general to get their hands on one so they can really talk about the battery life. I want to hear from people using it in real world situations to talk about the battery.

Sony event on October 9 in NY. I guess the Z3 is finally getting picked up by US carriers.

Imagine if they do an Oct 9th show, say that it's coming to the big 4 in US, and will be released the following week with good on-contract prices and the normal 600-650 prices off contract.

3phemeral

Thanks. Poweramp may well recognise it, that info I found about it not seeing the data was just from a quick Google search into the issue. I can't test yet as I'm currently using the Nexus 4 with no external SD support. Should be able to test once I get the Z3 next week.

Yeah, that's the funny thing with Google's stance on external storage. I remember an interview where they consider using it for backup purposes only because of the so-called confusion of where the system would look initially, causing slowdown because of redundancy or just spread-out file systems. But I do like they support transferring what could potentially take gigs of data to an external card if the option exists. Good luck!

Actually, I just realize I can check this on my 10.1 Note and no other player can read tags off of these exported tracks. It's blank album information with no additional info other than the name of the file.

I do remember, however, that Runtastic implemented a feature where it can listen to your Google Music tracks. I'm not sure how this works, but I think it controls already-playing music from your notification panel and manipulates it from there. I don't think it has direct access to the files. Seems you may have to transport the files directly to your phone from your computer.

Imagine if they do an Oct 9th show, say that it's coming to the big 4 in US, and will be released the following week with good on-contract prices and the normal 600-650 prices off contract.
Bro, I'm actually trying to get this phone. Now you started a dream that will not go away. It doesn't even have to release the following week, just sell at the same as or a little cheaper than the other flagship phones. In reality, the Z3 does not have crazy specs that warrents a $800 price tag.

For anyone interested in reading the article http://www.cnet.com/news/sony-to-hold-event-on-oct-9-xperia-z3-to-make-appearance/

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Is that good though? You can get the M8, G3, and S5 for under $100 on contract and the M8 and G3 are less than $600 on contract too.

Plus the Nexus phone could be unveiled the following week for cheaper with the 805 chip.

Just feel like it's great that Sony is coming, but they still feel LTTP like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom