• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
galaxy note 10.1 2014 ed has s800 at 2560x1600. Haven't used one myself, it could be an indication how well g3 could work though tablet tdp limits are a bit different.

edit: I see Oppo Find 7 is similar too.

my mom has the Wifi only Note 10.1 2014 edition and from what i used of it, it's butter smooth. of course, the Wifi models use the Exynos 5420, but the Snapdragon performance is supposed to be in that range.

Any thoughts on Nexus 7 vs G Pad? The first has a better quality screen, but I'm afraid it will be too small (primary use is reading textbooks). They're the same price.
the G Pad has SD slot! seriously though, the size difference is not much to talk about.

PtRPwt6.jpg

Drifters

Boggles my mind at people are fretting over having an 805 vs an 801 when I will take a longer on the market chip with optimizations any day of the week.

Either way, LG has knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to get mine.

Groof

htc looks too narrow. Really like g3, will wait for impressions though, that display with the 801 and same battery may be an issue
Early impressions seem very positive across the board. But I'm waiting for some proper testing results as well.

terrier

Early impressions seem very positive across the board. But I'm waiting for some proper testing results as well.

i have no urge, really happy with my nexus 5, but as most here, there's a freak inside me that would like to change phone every two months xD

I also hope the camera with the laser thing really improves what seen in other devices. We seem to be quite stuck there for a while now

Z2 on sale for $599 if anyone is looking for a phone and wants to bite. Z2 usually retails for $700-750.

All 3 colors

http://slickdeals.net/f/6960210-son...2-2-3ghz-quad-core-599-99-ebay-daily-deals-fs

Considering one myself :x

Advice....skip it.

Wait for the G3 which will be the same price when it comes out.

Development sucks still..still no root without unlocking bootloader.

The device looks nice but the plastic around the phone is so soft and delicate, it will easily scratch. So nice phone but need a case if you want it to stay prestine.

So, I suggest to skip it and wait for the z3 or get the G3.

The more I look at the G3, the more I want it...

VoxPop

Advice....skip it.

Wait for the G3 which will be the same price when it comes out.

Development sucks still..still no root without unlocking bootloader.

The device looks nice but the plastic around the phone is so soft and delicate, it will easily scratch. So nice phone but need a case if you want it to stay prestine.

So, I suggest to skip it and wait for the z3 or get the G3.

The more I look at the G3, the more I want it...

Thanks for the heads up :)

Yeah with the impending Z3 release and iPhone 6 reveal, I was really hesitant about pulling the trigger.

I have no interest in the G3 though. Not a fan of plastic phones aside from the Nokia ones. I'm not a huge spec whore either so its not a big deal :p

G3 should be $600 off contract right?

My guess would be $650-750 depending on what kinda SKUs. But $650 seems in line with all the other flagships.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Yeah with the impending Z3 release and iPhone 6 reveal, I was really hesitant about pulling the trigger.

I have no interest in the G3 though. Not a fan of plastic phones aside from the Nokia ones. I'm not a huge spec whore either so its not a big deal :p

My guess would be $650-750 depending on what kinda SKUs. But $650 seems in line with all the other flagships.

The plastic injected molding of the Z2 is probably the most delicate brittle plastic in a smartphone. You can indent it with your finger nails..

Speakers are so dayam weak, even the old m7 was louder. Some people here don't realize how important loud front speaker is..Like for me I used my phone as a GPS sometimes...

Camera is who cares now..20mp but manual mode only, most of my pictures are auto and selfies anyways...Im done with smartphone camera once I figure out how to get an sony rx100 m3

Plastic can be fine, the plastic of the nexus 5 or the HTC One X is decent. But yeah Nokia plastic is the best.

Umm...when will the G3 be available?

Well they will make money...

Funny how Beats was partnered with Hp in the early days.

Apple added on a brand that is similar to them. High in price but mediocre against cheaper and better products.

I can buy a pair of $100 headphones that will beat out $300 Beats any day of the week. Weirdly, I actually get angry when people buy Beats...

DonDraper

Banned
Apple added on a brand that is similar to them. High in price but mediocre against cheaper and better products.

I can buy a pair of $100 headphones that will beat out $300 Beats any day of the week. Weirdly, I actually get angry when people buy Beats...

Why? People are allowed to be ignorant and make stupid purchases. No need to feel angry. I wouldn't buy them, but who am I to care if others do. More power to them.

Why get angry?

Do you get angry when someone buy designer clothings?

Or
Get angry when someone buys a fancy sports car? What's the point of a sport car if you can just buy a camry to drive to point A to B..

kehs

Banned
So Apple buys beats for three billion and Google is doing self driving cars and introducing AI to help manage their data servers.

RoKKeR

G3 looks damn nice, best design of the year for sure, especially after HTC dropped the ball with the M8.

Unless the iPhone 6 looks goddamn incredible, I might be picking this up when my contract re-ups in September. Love the thin bezel, profile, UI looks smoother, big battery, looks great overall.

VoxPop

Lol what's the beef?

I understand your sentiment that people buy inferior products for more money but why get angry about it?

Beats albeit not the best, offers above average audio with a great design in one simple elegant package. Sure it's overpriced but I'm also sure its not audiophiles running to stores to buy one. Its for the casual consumer that wants a good looking pair of headphones that deliver decent sound and are willing to pay for it.

Apple is much the same but still quite above what Beats delivers. Apple makes a great smartphone which caters to most users' needs and puts it in one simple package. They actually put some thought and effort into their gimmicks and they turn out decently most of the time. They may not be the very best at some aspects but who cares? Apple has set the trends for many things without even being the first one there because they make it easy to use or just simply better (touchscreen, high res screens, materials, mp3s, mp3 purchasing, touchID, Siri, apps, tablets, notebooks, etc). When I look at half baked shit like S-Voice, Touchwiz or the Galaxy Gear, sure I feel bad for unknowing consumers who fall for it but why get angry about it? Hell, some people might even like it more than its counterpart. I'm sure if I wanted to buy a decent pair of headphones and couldn't find a good balance between audio quality and aesthetics, i'd just pick up a pair of Beats too.

Dayam iPhone 6 will be a game changer for sure.

Apples hardware is always top notch..unless the iPhone 6 turns out like the ipad3, I might give apple a go again. The small screen is the one thing I couldn't stand with the iPhone.

snacknuts

we all knew her

Apples hardware is always top notch..unless the iPhone 6 turns out like the ipad3, I might give apple a go again. The small screen is the one thing I couldn't stand with the iPhone.
Small screen and iOS are deal breakers for me.

I think there are still way too many apps that don't properly use the edge swipe to go back gesture for a big iPhone to be easily usable. At least they didn't go full retard and put the power button on top like HTC though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Based Apple. They make great products that are at a price premium but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom