• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
Yeah I don't think Xposed works with ART.
What ROM are you using? I'm using cleanRom with stock kernal.
I bought the Franco kernal installer from my previous nexus purchase, but when I try it on my N7 13 it feels buggy and not smooth.

Google's ROM that it came with. Just rooted and xposed. Turns out you have to disable xposed before you switch to ART.

I hope my project gets done before I/O when Googs shows off their car android.

---

NEXUS-PLAY.png

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

Groof

I don't have disposible income either, I just sell the previous phone and buy the phone I believe that's a worthy replacement. I never over hyped a phone, but when I have it in my hands I do tell you guys my honest option, and try not to sugar coat stuff just cause I own it. Some may notice that I actually says a lot of bad stuff about the phone I've owned. I'm never loyal to one brand, and I would quickly jump to the next brand if I find it worthy.

There is nothing wrong about being hype about something but being hype about something then not pulling the trigger makes your opinion skewed. That why android GAF is actually the worse place for someone to ask for recommendation on an android phone.

Sometimes I don't know anymore if someone is serious or not about some things.

For example when I asked about if people actually thought the G3 leaked photo looked nice....and most people response are either hypebole or the opposite side of the specrum ..

And some just recommends phone just because its their favorite brand...
So you're saying there's nothing wrong with being hype about something but it's wrong to be hype about something? Because that's what I'm getting out of your logic. Now don't get me wrong, I find it great that you actually take your time to buy and spend time with a bunch of different devices and then give an honest opinion. If I could do that I'd do the same, but it's just not a position me and many others are or can be in.

Obviously spreading false information is a pretty bad thing to do, but like with a lot of things (unless you're biased) people just pass on reviewers opinions on devices, because they themselves have no experience with it outside maybe playing with it in a store.

Now I've said it from the start, after the G2 LG has me hyped for the G3. The G2 is a device I've spent quite a bit of time with and it blew me away in almost every way. And if there's nothing else this year that draws my attention I'll be all over the G3, take my word for that.

WTF???

Nicktendo86

G2 was an amazing phone, the G3 looks to be amazing as well. I think LG deserve a bit of credit. Only things that have me worried about the G3 are the battery and CPU due to that amazing screen. However, I think those issues (if, indeed, there are any issues) will be sorted for the G4, and my upgrade is next July so perfect timing. I've got everything crossed for the G4 as an Android silver flagship next year, that would be too perfect.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
G2 was an amazing phone, the G3 looks to be amazing as well. I think LG deserve a bit of credit. Only things that have me worried about the G3 are the battery and GPU due to that amazing screen. However, I think those issues (if, indeed, there are any issues) will be sorted for the G4, and my upgrade is next July so perfect timing. I've got everything crossed for the G4 as an Android silver flagship next year, that would be too perfect.

Fixed!

VoxPop

I'm actually grateful to have shoryuken's input on all the phones he gets cause its usually unbiased and I think we share a similar taste in phones haha.

So us who don't have a ton of disposable income aren't allowed to be hyped?

This is a terrible argument. I have enough money to buy every flagship too, but I don't because of how essential my phone has become to my daily life and it's terribly inconvenient to move your life from one phone to another. Do you know how long it takes to download and install 100+ apps on a fresh device, plus log in and sync all your various accounts, etc.?

So I keep using what I have because it's a pain in the ass to buy a new phone, and so I wait for the next Godphone and hope it's actually enough of an upgrade to justify wasting time moving all my shit from the old phone to it.

Altazor

I like it. Maybe this'll be my next phone (I still have a Galaxy S3 but the contract's expired), maybe a One M8 Prime. Dunno.

Groof

This is a terrible argument. I have enough money to buy every flagship too, but I don't because of how essential my phone has become to my daily life and it's terribly inconvenient to move your life from one phone to another. Do you know how long it takes to download and install 100+ apps on a fresh device, plus log in and sync all your various accounts, etc.?

So I keep using what I have because it's a pain in the ass to buy a new phone, and so I wait for the next Godphone and hope it's actually enough of an upgrade to justify wasting time moving all my shit from the old phone to it.

I don't think you really understood the argument. Re-read, re-think, re-reply.

freshair

I might be slightly biased since I just got the M8, but I think the design of the M8 is better.

Plus I have dainty hands and the extra 2mm wideness I would imagine would make it even more difficult to reach across the whole screen one handed.

Also boomsound + 5mp selfie cam. :)

I don't think you really understood the argument. Re-read, re-think, re-reply.

that's fine.. Let's move away from that topic.

The G3 looks fine.

When I had the G2 the baterry and screen was impressive.

Also like I said before the back button takes only a few min to get used to. No advance dexterity skill needed...

Honestly I don't know back then why I decided to use the Z1 instead of it. Probably I was still curious of the 20mp of the Sony. Also the the Z1 felt more premium while the G2 felt surprisingly light. Wasn't a fan of the plastic because it scratches easily, should been better with the nexus 5 material.

Now with the G3 I would be all over it but it still using the 801...the only thing that it has over my Z2 is the screen. But I am a screen freak, I consider screen as one of the top priority. Z2 screen to me is just Ok. Color is overblown and stuff..

Anyways back to the 801...is it confirm that the M8 and S5 primes will be using the 805?

kharma45

I might be slightly biased since I just got the M8, but I think the design of the M8 is better.

Plus I have dainty hands and the extra 2mm wideness I would imagine would make it even more difficult to reach across the whole screen one handed.

Also boomsound + 5mp selfie cam. :)

G3 also has a 5mp front cam with an f2.0 lens on it. Should be handy enough in low light as FFCs go.

Massa

Any thoughts on Nexus 7 vs G Pad? The first has a better quality screen, but I'm afraid it will be too small (primary use is reading textbooks). They're the same price.

Groof

Okay so G3 looks absolutely stunning, BUT... it's still plastic.
And the biggest mind bender is that the 16gb variant only has 2gb of ram, while the 32gb model has 3gb. What happened there?

Either way, still very excited for this phone and if I wasn't on contract I'd be all over it. If Motorola and Google lets us down by the time I'm free (December), I'll be with this phone.

VoxPop

Wow pretty impressed that LG nailed the look and all metal to boot?

If the iPhone 6 doesn't work out, this just might be my next.

Hopefully I could get rid of LG's skin altogether though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom