• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifters

Talked to someone at AT&T today and they said that pre-ordering for the G3 starts on the 5th. Dunno if that was common knowledge already (and it could be wrong, it was just a sales person that said this) but there you go.
Good to know. I talked to the 611 rep and they didn't have anything in their system as of last night. Hope it is true.

Loxley

Just found out that Sprint will indeed be getting the G3 this July...depending on the reviews I just may go for it over the GS5. It looks like a worthy upgrade from my GS3.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So is the G3 coming out this month? If battery life is better than the Z2 then I'll defiantly get it. The z2 battery is just too good....
Why get it then if you're perfectly happy with z2 battery?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
My Nexus 4 looks like it's dying. I got a dead zone band across the shortcuts at the bottom, which means I can't even access the app drawer. Is there another way to access the app drawer? Luckily my vital apps have widgets or are on the dashboard but I'll need a new phone soon...

Groof

My Nexus 4 looks like it's dying. I got a dead zone band across the shortcuts at the bottom, which means I can't even access the app drawer. Is there another way to access the app drawer? Luckily my vital apps have widgets or are on the dashboard but I'll need a new phone soon...
Get a 3rd party launcher and use swipe gestures to access the app drawer. Or root if you haven't and get xposed + xgels so you can have the home button change into the app drawer button on the home screen.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm going to buy a Moto G LTE as a gift. Is there anyone on here who can hook me up with a Friends with Moto coupon? http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...ve-away-50-moto-x-and-30-40-moto-g-discounts/

Did you buy it with a credit card? You may have an extended warranty through it. Check your cc's terms. I know AMEX doubles the original warranty up to one year.

Ambient80

Looks like The Verge already reviewing their G3, and apparently battery is god tier.

V2eRaCe.jpg

mturco

Hey fellow gaffers I'm just making a notepad app for jellybean and up devices. It's not done at all but maybe you guys could try it out and tell me what you think or if you find any bugs?

APK:
http://www.speedyshare.com/3Qgfz/NotePlus.apk
I played around with it a bit. Some thoughts:

- the interface is mostly simple and easy
- the character counter seems oddly prominent to me (maybe make a preference for the positioning of this?)
- the slide out nav menu should simply list the folders instead of having a menu item for folders which takes you to a separate activity (basically make it how Gmail does it)
- not sure if this is a bug or simply an oversight but if you start a new note and then move the cursor to the title field, it's annoyingly hard to get the cursor back to the body of the note (you can't just tap in the empty space to move the cursor to the end, you have to tap on the actual text)

Other than that, looking good so far!

I played around with it a bit. Some thoughts:

- the interface is mostly simple and easy
- the character counter seems oddly prominent to me (maybe make a preference for the positioning of this?)
- the slide out nav menu should simply list the folders instead of having a menu item for folders which takes you to a separate activity (basically make it how Gmail does it)
- not sure if this is a bug or simply an oversight but if you start a new note and then move the cursor to the title field, it's annoyingly hard to get the cursor back to the body of the note (you can't just tap in the empty space to move the cursor to the end, you have to tap on the actual text)

Other than that, looking good so far!

Thanks! I will fix that.

asdad123

So Ive now had android for about a month and want to get into customizing it a little as everyone says its a great part of the OS. One problem though, I have no idea where to start lol.

I have a Galaxy S5. I installed Apex Launcher and played around with it a little bit and it seems cool. Is there a tutorial/website that'll explain everything I could do to customize it?

NotBacon

So Ive now had android for about a month and want to get into customizing it a little as everyone says its a great part of the OS. One problem though, I have no idea where to start lol.

I have a Galaxy S5. I installed Apex Launcher and played around with it a little bit and it seems cool. Is there a tutorial/website that'll explain everything I could do to customize it?

Just go through every single menu and check out every single option haha

Fatalah

Waiting to find out what T-Mobile's Moto X soak test is all about. Two weeks ago Motorola's app guy promised some nice updates. Maybe this week?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys. I'm running a nexus 4 using the latest version of kit Kat. I've got very limited storage space. My pictures are starting to get out of control, though. Almost 700 MB!

So, when I try to delete them it says it will delete the backup versions in the cloud, too. I don't want my pictures gone forever! Is there any way I can just delete my local copy and keep my cloud copy?

Anyone else using Hoverchat? I really love this! Theres a messaging flyout when you get a text while you're in another app so you don't have to switch out. Also lots of themes for it as well. Looking forward to finding more cool stuff in the app

kehs

Banned
Hey guys. I'm running a nexus 4 using the latest version of kit Kat. I've got very limited storage space. My pictures are starting to get out of control, though. Almost 700 MB!

So, when I try to delete them it says it will delete the backup versions in the cloud, too. I don't want my pictures gone forever! Is there any way I can just delete my local copy and keep my cloud copy?

Delete them through a file manager instead of the g+ photos app. They'll be inside the dcim folder.

yyzjohn

Banned

In the photo app pull out the left menu and choose "on device" when you delete from there it only deletes from the phone and not the cloud.

I am switching over from iOS to Android, and I was thinking about getting a larger tablet. Is the Nexus 10 a solid option or are there better options out there? I am planning on usng it for videos, some reading, browsing + app dev.

Jigolo

I am switching over from iOS to Android, and I was thinking about getting a larger tablet. Is the Nexus 10 a solid option or are there better options out there? I am planning on usng it for videos, some reading, browsing + app dev.

Don't get the Nexus 10, it's bound to be (officially) unsupported soon by Google since it's nearly 2 years old. Not only that but the internals are outdated albeit they are still very powerful.

I'd say wait till I/O because there could be some surprises there.

NotBacon

I/O is in 3 weeks and they're bound to unveil some goodies

iOS has finally gone full Android.

Interactive notifications
App extensibility
3rd party widgets (on the lock screen and notification center)
3rd party keyboards

Can't wait for I/O.

iOS has finally gone full Android.

Interactive notifications
App extensibility
3rd party widgets (on the lock screen and notification center)
3rd party keyboards

Can't wait for I/O.

Yep. It's quite amusing and amazing how much Apple has taken from others to put on their OS and do it WAY after those things have been implements on other OSs.

Yep. It's quite amusing and amazing how much Apple has taken from others to put on their OS and do it WAY after those things have been implements on other OSs.

The thing is, as always with Apple, it doesn't matter who did or had it first. They always present it in such a manner, than it always looks better than what's already out there.

Rip Android. Hope 4.5 or 5 is amazing because ios 8 is fixing the flaws.

It's funny, because after all the stuff they've shown so far, they still won't get me to upgrade past iOS 6 and give up my jailbreak, simply because I want to keep Dolphin as my system-wise default browser.

Weird how that works.

SimleuqiR

Guys guys!! Widgets man!! We got Widgets! Did you hear? I can install Swype!! Holy shit...you mean I can swipe to delete dis notification? Wuuut? I can reply to this message from the notification shade!!! No fucking way!!! Magik!!!

magic+meme.gif

Toki767

It'll be funny to see people complaining about their iPhone battery life rapidly decreasing due to having a stupid amount of widgets in the Notification Center.

I have the TD Bank app (one of the biggest banks in Canada) and every time I reboot my Nexus 7, I get greeted with a "TD Bank has stopped" message.

Cipherr

Ok, for the 1st time I'm seriously impressed with a WWDC keynote.

I seriously doubt Google will be able to match Apple.

Oh man, how is Android going to match Widgets, Actionable Notifications, 3rd party keyboards, iCloud Drive and Intents?

I enjoy WWDC every year. You can't find that kind of comedy anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom