• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppu

I hate that Google teased us the Home Automation stuff at IO 2011 or 2012 and then never mentioned it again.

I want to have my everything connected.

Pachimari

If I have my screen brightness set at 0%, is there a way to make my screen even darker? Maybe a night theme or warmer light? It still hurts a little when reading in the dark.

Sch1sm

If I have my screen brightness set at 0%, is there a way to make my screen even darker? Maybe a night theme or warmer light? It still hurts a little when reading in the dark.

Lux Lite, even the free version works for that. Make sure to set it to manual so it doesn't adjust the slider every time your screen fades to black after however long your setting is, though.

Reckoner

I'm back to the Android goodness. My Moto X arrived a few hours ago. I will be holding on to it if the Nexus 6 64gb Cloud White stock issues don't get solved until late January, as it is the return deadline. If not, I will keep it for a while.

yyzjohn

Banned
Flashed 5.0.1 on my Nexus 5. Whatever refresh/memory bug seems to be fixed. Have the calendar widget on my home screen, it would randomly redraw itself when I came back from apps on 5.0, but it works fine now.

Furyous

The Moto X 2014 is $325 with that $140 discount code. HMMMM..... If my iphone 5 wasn't going strong and this device came with an SD card slot, I'd buy it. Looking back, I haven't had a 32 GB phone since my iphone 4 in 2011. Of course, I ran out of space in two days so that option is too little. Is there a 64 GB version somewhere?

The Moto X 2014 is $325 with that $140 discount code. HMMMM..... If my iphone 5 wasn't going strong and this device came with an SD card slot, I'd buy it. Looking back, I haven't had a 32 GB phone since my iphone 4 in 2011. Of course, I ran out of space in two days so that option is too little. Is there a 64 GB version somewhere?

No.

Wreav

Banned
I can barely put my music collection onto 32GB. I need an SD Card. I'd rather not have to manage my space. There is literally no reason to not just have a 32GB internal and an SD card slot.

Get with the times and get that Play Music in your veins. MP3s taking up space are so 2005.

I can barely put my music collection onto 32GB. I need an SD Card. I'd rather not have to manage my space. There is literally no reason to not just have a 32GB internal and an SD card slot.
Clean up your music collection brah! I have a ton of gigs of music but my phone or ipod (sometimes I just take the nano out + in the car) only contains about 1000 songs. I occasionally will go in and shave the stuff I don't listen to much. Like the stuff I usually skip when I shuffle.

Reckoner

For the Moto X 2015 motorola basically needs to make the same phone with a better camera and battery. Will they fuck it up somehow? Likely.

Nah. I think that they already learned their lesson, from what I see about the Turbo and the Nexus 6.

Get with the times and get that Play Music in your veins. MP3s taking up space are so 2005.

This.

I used to have my iPod classic 120gb full, now I just use Spotify or Google Play and download the music I listen the most before going offline. Even 5gb is good enough for me these days.

Wreav

Banned
i-think-you-have-too-many-shoe-o.gif

Replace shoes with songs.

Drifters

Do people who have flac music files not have unlimited data? I feel like that's the issue at hand. Apps wise anymore than a 100 apps and 5 gbs of use (as long as you aren't gaming)seems absurd to me.

Fox318

Is doggcatcher the only podcast app that supports password protected feeds?

I don't want to switch back from pocketcasts ...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I feel like I'm the only one that has no problems with 5.0 on the N5. Everything runs pretty smooth and fine.

You and me! It's been very smooth, with no notable performance issues or particularly crashy apps. Chrome, for example, hasn't crashed once that I can remember since flashing 5.0.

RedFyn

I get a hangouts beep and realize I don't want to hear them anymore. I have to exit everything to be able to silence them. Most apps have notification sounds so most apps are affected. Removing the option from the power menu and then making the control worse is terrible.
What is everything? You only have to exit games and music/video apps no? Of which all, atleast that I use , have a pause button/suspend on exit. This issue is an inconvenience but I don't see how it's so terrible. Especially when its easily fixed with an app.

schwupp

guess i´ll ask here too - hopefully someone can help :)

i tried to install hearthstone on my "old" android tablet - sadly the in-app download crashes cause it runs out of space.

the internal storage is partitioned into system: 1 gb and data: 4,7 gb (labeled as sd card).
the initial download of the game data after launching for the first time seems to go the "system" partition and requires more than the available 800mb free space .

is there any way to get it installed/downloaded directly to "data"?
or can i resize both partitions?

Hasney

guess i´ll ask here too - hopefully someone can help :)

i tried to install hearthstone on my "old" android tablet - sadly the in-app download crashes cause it runs out of space.

the internal storage is partitioned into system: 1 gb and data: 4,7 gb (labeled as sd card).
the initial download of the game data after launching for the first time seems to go the "system" partition and requires more than the available 800mb free space .

is there any way to get it installed/downloaded directly to "data"?
or can i resize both partitions?

I don't believe so unless a custom ROM can do the resizing? This was a problem for a lot of older Android devices, especially on the lower end. Apps need to go into system and can't be put onto the SD Card, even if the "SD Card" is a virtual one.

Hi,

After flashing the latest slimkat I've found voice typing doesnt work anymore... I press the microphone button on the keyboard (Android Keyboard AOSP), but nothing happens. Does anybody have an idea why?

I thought it could be because I didn't have Google voice search app, but even after I've installed it nothing has changed.

thuway

Nexus 6 gets so much crap because of it's OLED panel, but no one EVER mentions the Moto X uses the exact same panel.

Moto start getting higher quality panels, or drop OLED altogether.

Nexus 6 gets so much crap because of it's OLED panel, but no one EVER mentions the Moto X uses the exact same panel.

Moto start getting higher quality panels, or drop OLED altogether.
One of them doesn't cost 650 or 750 depending on region off contract lol.

But I agree. No excuse for it.

Blablurn

So I bought a Xiaomi RedMi Note 4G. Long ass name. 5.5". It's huge!!!! But feels good. Really snappy. Really chinesey (but I like that). Apparently I can already do upgrades to MiUI6. But some versions might not be too stable right now. So I will wait for the official release.

Reckoner

So I bought a Xiaomi RedMi Note 4G. Long ass name. 5.5". It's huge!!!! But feels good. Really snappy. Really chinesey (but I like that). Apparently I can already do upgrades to MiUI6. But some versions might not be too stable right now. So I will wait for the official release.

That thing has like bezels and a screen around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom