• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

i9yG16fxHiJW3.gif

Try holding a Nexus 6, also:
that's not what she said

I know Big Bill is not dead, but he always wanted MS to be fulling integrated in the smart home of the future. None of their R&D stuff has ever made it to the consumer market. I'm sure his home (heaven) is all sorts of futuristic though.

On the high end there is a great deal of automation you can have in the home, but NEST and products alike are more gears towards the common man.

timnich

Can anyone recommend a good podcast app to replace Pocket Cast? I love it but the constant crashing and resetting of podcasts makes it unusable. I can't get through a single podcast without it reseting to the beginning at least once or twice. What really sucks is that it was perfect until lollipop hit.

Wreav

Banned
Is there any way to tweak the time that the black and white notification stays up on the screen in 5.0? By time I see it and grab the phone, it's gone.

NH Apache

Banned
Just started running into the 5.0.0 no video issue for the Nexus 7 2013. Really irritating that the only workaround is reboot and clear cache.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can anyone recommend a good podcast app to replace Pocket Cast? I love it but the constant crashing and resetting of podcasts makes it unusable. I can't get through a single podcast without it reseting to the beginning at least once or twice. What really sucks is that it was perfect until lollipop hit.

I use podkicker pro which I love.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Works fine for me on lollipop.

Maybe try a reinstall. Make sure you actually uninstall and clear out all of the left over files first.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I use AntennaPod

Does look big in the pic. Gonna need dimensions. Also specs. Curious to see if they're gimping it because it's .5 inches smaller.

"According to the AnTuTu device profile from the first photo, the smartphone has a 5-inch display (how's that for mini?), a Snapdragon 615 processor, and what appears to be two 8MP cameras on the front and back panels. "

thenexus6

I did a fresh install as my Nexus 5 was going a little slow. Things are fine now, but noticed in cleanmaster my ram is constantly at 70-80% - whats up with that? Whats somethings I most likely forgot to do after fresh install.

Furyous

What are your thoughts on the Huawei Honor 6 Plus?

16 GB version/$320
32 GB version/$400

Huawei Honor 6 Plus Tech Specifications

5.5-inch 1080p JDI negative LCD display
Huawei-made custom Kirin 925 octa-core chipset
Low-power I3 coprocessor for fitness tracking
Dual 8-megapixel rear-facing cameras
8-megapixel front-facing camera
3GB of RAM
16GB or 32GB internal storage
Up to 128GB expandable storage through microSD slot
NFC and LTE chips included on premium model
3,600 mAh battery
Built-in infrared transmitter for controlling TV and Hi-Fi system
Highly customized EMUI 3.0 Android ROM
100GB lifetime cloud storage included
Free access to over 8 million Wi-Fi hotspots in China and elsewhere

What are your thoughts on the Huawei Honor 6 Plus?

16 GB version/$320
32 GB version/$400

Huawei Honor 6 Plus Tech Specifications

5.5-inch 1080p JDI negative LCD display
Huawei-made custom Kirin 925 octa-core chipset
Low-power I3 coprocessor for fitness tracking
Dual 8-megapixel rear-facing cameras
8-megapixel front-facing camera
3GB of RAM
16GB or 32GB internal storage
Up to 128GB expandable storage through microSD slot
NFC and LTE chips included on premium model
3,600 mAh battery
Built-in infrared transmitter for controlling TV and Hi-Fi system
Highly customized EMUI 3.0 Android ROM
100GB lifetime cloud storage included
Free access to over 8 million Wi-Fi hotspots in China and elsewhere

Huawei custom processor makes it a pass.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
"According to the AnTuTu device profile from the first photo, the smartphone has a 5-inch display (how's that for mini?), a Snapdragon 615 processor, and what appears to be two 8MP cameras on the front and back panels. "

They left out the key component we all need to know aka how much RAM. That and the screen res. Still if this shit has 2 gigs of RAM it could be GOAT for the price. The Moto G we've always wanted.

gcubed

What is everything? You only have to exit games and music/video apps no? Of which all, atleast that I use , have a pause button/suspend on exit. This issue is an inconvenience but I don't see how it's so terrible. Especially when its easily fixed with an app.

Any app that uses sounds, including anything that can possibly send a notification sound. That's a lot of apps

They left out the key component we all need to know aka how much RAM. That and the screen res. Still if this shit has 2 gigs of RAM it could be GOAT for the price. The Moto G we've always wanted.

Too bad it has a huge dose of Leno. They need to drop their stupid capacitive buttons if that's what they come up with.

Edit... Samsung gonna Samsung. Keep that train of unoriginal thought rolling.

schwupp

I don't believe so unless a custom ROM can do the resizing? This was a problem for a lot of older Android devices, especially on the lower end. Apps need to go into system and can't be put onto the SD Card, even if the "SD Card" is a virtual one.

i was able to create a folder link with foldermount and manually move the files from \data to \sdcard. after that the game downloaded its in app files to \sdcard - too bad the game runs like crap and is unplayable ;o

Pachimari

I'm afraid of updating my LG G3 (16gb) to Lollipop if the performance gets worse.

Also, when are we expecting the LG G4 to hit market? When were the G3 released in Europe?

catmincer

Seems like my Z2 is defect. Apparently the sound when I talk is really bad on the other end.¨

Fuuuuuuuck.

Mine was too, I figured out why last night. The combination of water and dust had made a paste in the microphone. I used a toothbrush and cleaned it out now it's perfect again.

ana

While waiting for my Xperia Z2 tablet to arrive I decided to flash my Nexus 7 (2012 model) to Lollipop.. :D

So far it's working fairly well...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Can someone teach me how I can tell if a phone works on Tmobile? Prepaid vs. postpaid?

I have been with Verizon for so long that I don't even know anymore. And I need to give advice and find deals for family who want to buy phones outright for Tmobile for the Walmart $30 plan.

Pachimari

When I download an app from the Play Store on my phone, is there a way to download it directly to my SD card instead of to the internal memory?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Just started running into the 5.0.0 no video issue for the Nexus 7 2013. Really irritating that the only workaround is reboot and clear cache.
I've run into the same issue on my Nexus 4, and it bothered me that I couldn't find many with the same issue since every search will return the N7 issue. I feel for you— it's inexcusable.

Updating to 5.0.1 now. Hoping for the best.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I really want a moto 360. Isn't the next one rumored to be around the corner (or at least announced)?

Ouch.

To be fair, I heard if you know how to manually tinker with the Sony software, it can take great photos, but most people definitely just use auto.
sony just kills me. No one should have to manually tinker shit. You guys make goddamn cameras lol. They make the camera modules for all the phones, they make actual cameras as well.

markot

Banned
sony just kills me. No one should have to manually tinker shit. You guys make goddamn cameras lol. They make the camera modules for all the phones, they make actual cameras as well.

Doesnt help that they are already producing the next 2 generations before they launch their phones. Gotta pop em out every 6 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom