• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Please do!

Those several polygons on screen at once could really heat up my machine!

Despite Markot being a douche as per usual I'll tell you my experience.

N7 2013 ran flawless. No hiccups and battle animations ran smoothly. Only problem people will have is it will drain your battery faster than say just browsing the web.

Shit is night an day compared to Magic. Hearthstone runs like a boss where as Magic runs like ass.

NotBacon

I did a fresh install as my Nexus 5 was going a little slow. Things are fine now, but noticed in cleanmaster my ram is constantly at 70-80% - whats up with that? Whats somethings I most likely forgot to do after fresh install.

RAM is meant to be used. And don't use a shitty app like cleanmaster.

My dad is having a weird issue with his Nexus 5. When he makes calls you can't hear it ringing. It's just silence until the person on the other end picks up or goes to voice mail. He's using Android 5.0 on a Nexus 5. Anybody got a clue what might be going on and how to fix it? Sorry but I don't see an official Nexus 5 thread and if there is one I'm sure it's long loooong dead. Maybe it's an Android 5.0 issue and someone here can help. Thanks!

zbeeb

My dad is having a weird issue with his Nexus 5. When he makes calls you can't hear it ringing. It's just silence until the person on the other end picks up or goes to voice mail. He's using Android 5.0 on a Nexus 5. Anybody got a clue what might be going on and how to fix it? Sorry but I don't see an official Nexus 5 thread and if there is one I'm sure it's long loooong dead. Maybe it's an Android 5.0 issue and someone here can help. Thanks!

I had a similar issue with my nexus 4. A restart of the phone sorted it out.

Sch1sm

Nexus 5 |OT| right here, for future. I don't have that issue on my Nexus 5. Sometimes I think so then two seconds later I begin to hear the outgoing dial tone. Bit weird he's getting none at all. Is he using a Bluetooth device? Seems that's the only thing coming up on Google, same issue but with BT devices used. It's definitely not a Lollipop issue, though.

E: Step one, though, make sure his ringer is up. <<

RedFyn

Despite Markot being a douche as per usual I'll tell you my experience.

N7 2013 ran flawless. No hiccups and battle animations ran smoothly. Only problem people will have is it will drain your battery faster than say just browsing the web.

Shit is night an day compared to Magic. Hearthstone runs like a boss where as Magic runs like ass.
It runs smoothly in game on my nexus 6. The menus have a few hiccups now and then but overall it's an excellent port.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

RedFyn

That game can be played on phones? Thought it was tablet only. Also, where are you? Here in Sweden it's not even available yet.
It can, it is, 'Murica, it is.

The app isn't region locked so its available everywhere but you have to get the apk (or mod the original yourself) with the screen size requirement removed.

Mindwipe

Ouch.

To be fair, I heard if you know how to manually tinker with the Sony software, it can take great photos, but most people definitely just use auto.

It doesn't require tinkering so much as using manual mode. The auto mode sucks.

The big problem is that you can't use the manual mode unless you unlock your phone, and the dedicated camera button opens on auto mode with no way to change the default.

I really, really hope that gets improved with the lollipop update…

Vanillalite

Seems like the game just takes a sec to load, but you can go through the menus anyways. Once it is good to go though runs fine.

This is now automatically the best game on Google play, and it puts the Magic DOTPW games to shame in terms of polish.

Took Blizz a while, but you can tell they wanted a little issues as possible when it finally did launch.

Vanillalite

Z8hbhna.gif

Android Headlines

Samsung Galaxy E7 Pops Up On GFXBench, Snapdragon 410 SoC And 2GB Of RAM In Tow

This could be the year ladies and gents. We could finally see all entry level handsets ship with 2 gigs of RAM. This would be a massive step forward in usability, and put a metric shit ton of downward pressure on phone prices if entry level handsets get this good.

Pachimari

I really don't understand this, can someone explain it to me?

I had 400mb left on my internal memory, so I uninstalled a game on my SD cart and suddenly it tells me there's 1.30GB on my internal storage.

How can that be when I had moved my games to my SD cart?

kehs

Banned
I really don't understand this, can someone explain it to me?

I had 400mb left on my internal memory, so I uninstalled a game on my SD cart and suddenly it tells me there's 1.30GB on my internal storage.

How can that be when I had moved my games to my SD cart?

When you install something, not everything can or will be moved to the sd card. Some parts have to reside on internal memory.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
But what is it that I am moving to the SD card then? Like a game like Blitz Krieg.
Who knows. SD cards and apps are not fun. Use SD cards for media only and have a great time.

RedFyn

Seems like the game just takes a sec to load, but you can go through the menus anyways. Once it is good to go though runs fine.

This is now automatically the best game on Google play, and it puts the Magic DOTPW games to shame in terms of polish.

Took Blizz a while, but you can tell they wanted a little issues as possible when it finally did launch.
I should add that the game loads up quickly for me. The first time I played it the menu animations were choppy and it took a while to load but since then everything has been fine minus a few hiccups now and then.

It's definitely a great game. I can't say it's the best as there are some great ones out there but it's definitely on my recommendation list. Terraria,when it works T_T, is also an excellent port. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Bboy AJ

Those Amazon reviews are pretty decent.

NotBacon

Why are system cleaners / managers frowned upon so many on android?

They do way more harm than good. Everyone sees background processes, RAM usage, etc. and freak out thinking they need to "clean" the system. You don't. The OS can manage itself. When you use a shitty 3rd party "cleaner" to kill random processes and delete "junk" files, it screws up the delicate balance the OS is trying to maintain.

AndyD

aka andydumi
They do way more harm than good. Everyone sees background processes, RAM usage, etc. and freak out thinking they need to "clean" the system. You don't. The OS can manage itself. When you use a shitty 3rd party "cleaner" to kill random processes and delete "junk" files, it screws up the delicate balance the OS is trying to maintain.

Yep. The OS knows what to keep alive, because you might be using it soon, and what to kill to free up space. RAM being nearly full is a good thing as that means its full of things ready to be used without longer loads from storage. App use on smartphones is not like a PC where closing a program means closing a program and it should be purged.

That said using something like greenify to hibernate apps or sd maid to clean skeletons and wasted space is something else entirely, but they are not process/ram managers.

Bboy AJ

Guys, I bought a white 32 Nexus 6. I am still disappointed with how the phone turned out but I am weak.

Vanillalite

Ehhhhhhhh

Uninstalling does leave shit behind. That's not fiction. That's fact. You can just check through with a file explorer and see shit that is still there even with an uninstall.

It's worthless for shit like speeding up shit, freeing up ram, killing processes ect... though.

Majine

Banned
The update for 5.0.1 popped up on my phone. It restarted and gave me an error. When it came back to a normal state, the update was never installed and it can't find it if I try and force it.

Well... now what?

snacknuts

we all knew her
There was a big update for Fleksy today, so I finally gave it a shot and so far I really like it. Navigating through punctuation selection is a pain, but I like everything else. I even coughed up $3 for a "chameleon" theme that changes the color of the keyboard to match the material color of whatever app you're in. It's nice. I also like that it allows me to shrink the keyboard. After several months of having a shrunken version of SwiftKey, I can't go back to using something that takes up half of my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom