• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

My dad REALLY considered jumping to Sprint. He's still on Verizon though. Some people are just really attracted to low prices. Then I tell people I only spend $30 for my plan:

"Really? Through who?"
"T-Mobile"
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that sucks"

Fuck AT&T

Yup. Same deal with me tryna convince one of the roomates to get on the 2 lines of unlimited everything for 100.

"With T-mobile?"
"Yah"
"Nah. I'm good."

Despite the fact that I've easily got both the most and fastest reception, and it would be significantly cheaper for dude (and me).

Edit: Jesus, is Sprint really that terrible? No way their speeds are less than half that of other carriers. But if true, what the hell have they (not) been doing to improve their network?
Sprint is great! definitely better than T-Mobile and AT&T wherever i've been up and down the east coast.

Verizon da best tho.

VoxPop

SPRINT SPARK!

data.gif

Lol at that reception bar. Never touching Sprint. T-Mobile is already bad enough unless I'm at my office but its hard to complain cause of the price.

Lmao @ Samsung Pay. Do they never learn?

NotBacon

Yup. Same deal with me tryna convince one of the roomates to get on the 2 lines of unlimited everything for 100.

"With T-mobile?"
"Yah"
"Nah. I'm good."

Despite the fact that I've easily got both the most and fastest reception, and it would be significantly cheaper for dude (and me).

Yep, T-Mobile is cash nowadays (unless you travel extensively or live in the woods), but that's not going to stop people from making misinformed decisions :/

oh no, it's friends and family with other devices on other carriers like shitty samsung, apple, lg and motorola devices.

and i know i'm on Sprint every time i drive to Atlanta and the people with T-Mobile and AT&T have portable media players for 90 minutes and get all thier notifications and texts just before we can see the racetrack.

talkinbout 'turn tethering on' smh

Husker86

Yep, T-Mobile is cash nowadays (unless you travel extensively or live in the woods), but that's not going to stop people from making misinformed decisions :/

I live in the 42nd largest (by population) city in the US. T-Mobile doesn't even offer service here, though they have a couple token towers.

They are still well behind; I wish it weren't the case.

Man, Android Police been rocking that redesigned logo for ages now, but they still haven't updated the site.

Oh, and that Blu phone seems pretty nice for the price. It'll be so great once 2GB of RAM become the standard for low and mid range devices.

I've been all over the US and got T-Mobile reception or roaming in 98% of the places. Sprint about the same. Coverage wise including roaming they are very close. Data speed is an entirely different issue. Very limited LTE areas on Sprint and every where else I couldn't even stream Pandora without buffering. T-Mobile destroys Sprint data wise.

I'd love to see a 2015 Moto G with an S600, 2GB of RAM and a 1080p 5" display.

1GB doesn't cut it for Android.
That would be great. Those are the exact specs of the GS4. A mid range device like that would be great. Probably won't happen this year, but I fully expect (hope for) it to happen by 2016.

Do the Blu phones include Google Play services now? I remember a couple of years ago they didn't.
Yes, they do. The picture of the Blu phone above even looks like it's running the Google Now launcher.

Guys, my Nexus 5 is being a jerk. I can't open an app without worrying that it will close out and bring me back to the home screen. Also, Spotify will just stop playing songs. I've already done a hard reset and it was fine for like 2 days, but now it's worse than before the reset.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? Is my Nexus 5 just ready to be retired? :(

EDIT: I should also mention that it is running on Android 5.0.1

Sch1sm

Do the Blu phones include Google Play services now? I remember a couple of years ago they didn't.

They come preloaded with googy stuff, ye

Guys, my Nexus 5 is being a jerk. I can't open an app without worrying that it will close out and bring me back to the home screen. Also, Spotify will just stop playing songs. I've already done a hard reset and it was fine for like 2 days, but now it's worse than before the reset.

It'd be nice to know what apo your speaking about to start with.
When Spotify is stopping playing songs is it in offline mode? Is your phone sleeping when it suddenly cuts off? That's usually the case, the phone sleeping.

It'd be nice to know what apo your speaking about to start with.
When Spotify is stopping playing songs is it in offline mode? Is your phone sleeping when it suddenly cuts off? That's usually the case, the phone sleeping.

Well, the main apps I usually use are Chrome, Facebook, Instagram, and Spotify. Fairly often they have all just stopped working and have taken me back to the home screen. And sometimes it'll take a while for all my app icons and widgets to populate the home page after that happens.

Also, Spotify has stopped playing songs even with the app open, and yes, it has stopped playing in Sleep mode as well.

HyperionX

If only they were to remove the HTC logo from the front the M9 would have had a smaller bezzel all around.

Apparently they can't: some hardware is slotted under that logo. At least it looks like it'll be thinner this time around.

20MP camera is the real step forward here. An HTC One with a good camera is going to be great.

NotBacon

Well, the main apps I usually use are Chrome, Facebook, Instagram, and Spotify. Fairly often they have all just stopped working and have taken me back to the home screen. And sometimes it'll take a while for all my app icons and widgets to populate the home page after that happens.

Also, Spotify has stopped playing songs even with the app open, and yes, it has stopped playing in Sleep mode as well.

It just sounds like the well known Lollipop memory bug. Your case sounds extreme though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Still happens after a reboot? Could be the memory leak. Happens to my n9.

Sch1sm

Ah, sounds like a redraw. Memory leak. Known issue. We're hoping it'll be fixed in the next update or two. Could be the same reason why Spotify is screwing up as well.

Still happens after a reboot? Could be the memory leak. Happens to my n9.

Yeah, it'll take a while to take effect, but it always happens.

Ah, sounds like a redraw. Memory leak. Known issue. We're hoping it'll be fixed in the next update or two. Could be the same reason why Spotify is screwing up as well.

Ah, that's a bummer. I'm glad it's a known issue though and definitely hope it's fixed soon. It's been driving me mad lol

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Good thing even lower tier phones this year will come with 2GB. At least, I remember Vanillalite saying something like that, he made s thread and everything.

He's a dreamer. The world needs dreamers. I wish I had the faith he does.

Hell, it's still kinda rare to find a tablet with 2GB :/

Koppai

So I have a Ringke Fusion crystal case, and it comes with a cutout so you can have a custom background. Here is my first attempt with it, crappy printer though so no beautiful colors.

10931471_10152552163116646_4661888613817964985_n.jpg

Hasney

I thought there was some question as to whether the lower-tier of their newer phones would have 2GB. Is it a certainty now? That would be a good thing!

Nah, the original had the 4GB model up there then $199. We figured the $199 model wouldn't have 4GB, but didn't know how much it would have. 2GB is a-ok.

Wreav

Banned

Give me a break, Meredith.

The Exynos 7 Octa model of the Galaxy Note 4 scored higher on raw computational scores and had faster RAM performance, which is why we'd expect faster app execution and load times from it. On the other hand, the Snapdragon 805 model dominated the graphics benchmarks, and that leads us to believe that it will be a better gaming device. Yet at the end of the day, we'd say that Samsung has done a good job ensuring that both Galaxy Note 4 models are excellent Android devices with comparable performance as neither of them stood miles ahead of the other in our tests. Regardless of which SoC powers your handset, rest assured that you're not missing out on much.

Sch1sm

WhatsApp on web? Well, there goes my need for Air Droid's Mirror service.

E: Only on Chrome, though. Maybe I'll use Inbox exclusively now that I have a decent reason to put Chrome on my rMBP.

Snapdragon 810 sucks and the Exynos 7 sucks. Lollipop has much higher performance requirements that as of today have not been fixed.

2015 is the year apple takes the market share lead in the US and marks the beginning of a the Apple monopoly.

$1000 - $2000 iPhones is our phone future

WhatsApp on web? Well, there goes my need for Air Droid's Mirror service.

E: Only on Chrome, though. Maybe I'll use Inbox exclusively now that I have a decent reason to put Chrome on my rMBP.

I've installed Chrome for WhatsApp Web and it works really well for me. I still use Firefox on my PC, so you might as well see Chrome as a WhatsApp desktop client. Not that different.

Sch1sm

I've installed Chrome for WhatsApp Web and it works really well for me. I still use Firefox on my PC, so you might as well see Chrome as a WhatsApp desktop client. Not that different.

Yeah, I've installed it myself - been using it since I updated the app. But I'm pretty strictly Safari. Chrome is essentially just hovering in the background, only checked when I see a WhatsApp notification popup. I like it. I just hope they add support to other browsers soon is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom