• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

gsmarena_001.jpg

YES! Power button on side!

RedFyn

The witcher battle arena is pretty fun. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a pvp match. You still receive coins and equipment when playing vs bots so its not too bad. The ftp model seems good. Even better than league in that you can buy everything with coins (IP).

People, I've just finished watching Enemy. It's got Gyllenhal in it. It's f'n weird as shit and full of symbolism, but I really enjoyed it. You all should give it a watch.

Also, giant enemy crabs alien spiders!
But not really.

On topic:

gsmarena_001.jpg

YES! Power button on side!
Took them mofos long enough. But then they put it below the volume buttons. Still not getting an HTC phone ever again though. Bezels are just too comically large.

Wreav

Banned
That's the price to pay for having the best speakers on any smartphone.

It's so silly how they've backed themselves into this corner by have the best speakers on a phone once. Now it's expected and they have to compromise good aesthetics to deliver a marginal feature because of legacy.

That's the price to pay for having the best speakers on any smartphone.
I don't know man. It's been what, 2 years(?) since the original HTC One and the bezels are still huge. The technology, the level of engineering, whatever has to have improved by now to allow those components to be more compact. I think HTC, like pretty much every other OEM out there, thinks it needs to have it's logo on the front for differentiation. That tells me the company has no faith in its product design to stand out on its own without the company logo staring you in the face.

does work require pure google too?
Yup, among other fun difficulties. I was able to get them to back off on it a bit, though, and got extremely tentative approval for a couple Nvidia Shield tablets, an Xperia Z3, and an HTC One M8. Progress.
quit your job, no wifi is practically slave labor

yo, even auto shops got free wifi nowadays.
:p

You guys don't know the half of it, though this thread was helpful in pointing me in a direction. So I appreciate it! These aren't for personal use at all, my daily driver is an iPhone 6 Plus. Please don't boo me out of the thread!

Yup, among other fun difficulties. I was able to get them to back off on it a bit, though, and got extremely tentative approval for a couple Nvidia Shield tablets, an Xperia Z3, and an HTC One M8. Progress.

fun difficulties?

they had no choice in the matter.

Google is doing Chromecast mirroring on their devices nowadays so there was no way to check all the boxes.

I recently started using the Google Play Movies & TV app. It's actually really damn good so far. The actual video player is very, very nice and the swipe gestures (with dope ass animations) need to be in YouTube. Yesterday. I'm not sure why Google has yet to update the actual player part of the YouTube app.

Also, for those of you who receive those Google Play promo emails, check them. Google's giving away Gravity for free.

markot

Banned
Barhgle

Why dont HTC just put their buttons on the HTC bar? HTC logo = home, one on the left one one the right..

Bezelduculous!

Barhgle

Why dont HTC just put their buttons on the HTC bar? HTC logo = home, one on the left one one the right..

Bezelduculous!

That's exactly what they did with the M7 and people bitched and moaned about it and wanted software on-screen buttons, because "SOFTWARE BUTTONS = LESS BEZEL" (which hasn't been true for any device, btw).

Now you got your fucking software buttons. :lol

Groof

That's exactly what they did with the M7 and people bitched and moaned about it and wanted software on-screen buttons, because "SOFTWARE BUTTONS = LESS BEZEL" (which hasn't been true for any device, btw).

It would've been less bezel if they actually removed the bar entirely like everyone with an ounce of logic assumed they would. Besides, the M7 only had the back and home buttons. It was a weird layout no matter how you looked at it.

RedFyn

There were only two buttons. It had a useless logo taking up space that turned away potential customers, myself included.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I wish we had minority leaders of color in tech.

well, today my note 4 [com.android.phone] crashes aka, it's a piece of shit now.
Guys, don't on power saving mode and ULTRA power saving mode at the same time. It could be a bug.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I dont lock my phone but id like a fingerprint sensor. It definitely needs to be on the back though. My bottom bezel needs to have a speaker and nothing else.

I prefer speakers to headphones; alway have. If I'm at home and it has audio I prefer to use my speakers. It's much more comfortable.

What, please don't tell me your phone speakers are your MAIN speakers at home? Get some real speakers and save your soul and ears.

I really only use my phone speaker for speaker phone calls, alarms, a quick video here and there, etc, and the crappy N5 speaker is fine for those things. For music I use headphones when out and my proper hi-fi system when at home. Sure, I wouldn't say no to a bit nicer phone speakers (stereo sound would be nice for those videos I suppose), but it's way, way down my list of priorities for a phone.

ILoveBish

The new chrome has the menu button on the top next to the tab button, I'm using a note 2 with hardware buttons. How do I get rid of the menu up top.

Husker86

The new chrome has the menu button on the top next to the tab button, I'm using a note 2 with hardware buttons. How do I get rid of the menu up top.

Since the hardware menu button is deprecated, I think Google's design docs/APIs force, or at least encourage, the software menu button to appear (as long as the app is designed following the guidelines) to ensure people aren't confused when they upgrade devices.

ILoveBish

Since the hardware menu button is deprecated, I think Google's design docs/APIs force, or at least encourage, the software menu button to appear (as long as the app is designed following the guidelines) to ensure people aren't confused when they upgrade devices.

This is silly if true. I don't need 2 ways to access the menu. It's why I own a phone with hardware menu button, to avoid this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom