• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_guy

I've got a Moto X 2nd generation coming in, snagged one at a pretty good price. This Amazon phone I've been using for the past month is exactly what I thought it would be, but I think it has a bad battery or battery calibration issues because it'll randomly shut off when I get close to 30% battery life. The Moto X should carry me through until the next round of flagships come out this spring. Looking forward to using it, but hoping the battery life isn't terrible.

I've got a Moto X 2nd generation coming in, snagged one at a pretty good price. This Amazon phone I've been using for the past month is exactly what I thought it would be, but I think it has a bad battery or battery calibration issues because it'll randomly shut off when I get close to 30% battery life. The Moto X should carry me through until the next round of flagships come out this spring. Looking forward to using it, but hoping the battery life isn't terrible.

It is. And 5.0 is a janky mess.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Google should have named this shit

jux_ad_1-900x657.jpg

Chipotle

Been a while since I posted but thanks everyone for the phone buying advice. I decided to up my budget and get an LG G3 for £50 more than the price I'd seen a G2 for and am loving it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Been a while since I posted but thanks everyone for the phone buying advice. I decided to up my budget and get an LG G3 for £50 more than the price I'd seen a G2 for and am loving it.
You're welcome. Pics.

UFO

Banned
What's your current device and where do you live?

I'm in the US. I recently switched from Tmo to Verizon and I'm using a very inadequate Moto Luge. On Tmo I had a Moto G LTE, which was nice, but I quickly got tired of apps crashing, and the smallish screen, so I knew I wanted to get a more highend phone. I've looked at everything from HTC, Sony, Apple, Moto, even Samsung, my favorite so far has been the Xperia Z3. But with the next crop of flagships right around the corner I've felt compelled to wait. Right now I'm not sure if it's worth it though.

I'm in the US. I recently switched from Tmo to Verizon and I'm using a very inadequate Moto Luge. On Tmo I had a Moto G LTE, which was nice, but I quickly got tired of apps crashing, and the smallish screen, so I knew I wanted to get a more highend phone. I've looked at everything from HTC, Sony, Apple, Moto, even Samsung, my favorite so far has been the Xperia Z3. But with the next crop of flagships right around the corner I've felt compelled to wait. Right now I'm not sure if it's worth it though.

I doubt the Z4 was "around the corner" for the US market anyway. Maaaybe a version for Tmo, but not VZW.

Quite unfortunate that you even have to wait. However, Verizon always messes with phones that they receive and you might end up with another Z3V monstrosity.

Verizon still hasn't released the Nexus 6 yet. LOL!

Worse part about that is I was checking out the Nexus 6 in a AT&T store in late November and a guy was waiting to try it out. I let him use it and we started talking about the Nexus 6 and how he wanted. He admitted that he was a Verizon customer waiting for it. I assured him that it was coming out by mid December. It's going to be February and it's still not out yet. I made Google a fucking sale. I feel bad for giving that guy bad info.

Dat coverage tho...
Whatever you need to say to reassure yourself I guess.

Are there any interesting Android Wear device rumors out there? After LG, it looks like Asus is next to drop Wear for a different OS. Samsung has never really adopted it in the first place. It seems a bit dead to me. Moto needs to show the new 360 at MWC.

Verizon still hasn't released the Nexus 6 yet. LOL!

Why would they, when they have the Note 4?

Are there any interesting Android Wear device rumors out there? After LG, it looks like Asus is next to drop Wear for a different OS. Samsung has never really adopted it in the first place. It seems a bit dead to me. Moto needs to show the new 360 at MWC.

Why would they, when they have the Note 4?

Moto 360 is the best Wear anyways so...

Moto 360 is the best Wear anyways so...

The Asus seems better. The Moto has the overall superior design, but the flat tire, laggy CPU and so-so battery life screams "wait for 2nd gen", which is what I want. The ZenWatch looks really good as well, but Moto does charging better. The Asus isn't available in Europe either, which sucks.

Laggy cpu? First I've heard of this.

The Moto 360 has the same old TI OMAP SoC from the Droid X and Plam Pre 2 (2010 phones) and doesn't run Android Wear as well as the Snapdragon 400 everyone else uses. It's not horrible or a laggy mess, but it's been mentioned in most reviews I've read or seen.

HTC ready to blow
minds

Those of you who were disappointed that early leaks seemed to point to a ho-hum refresh — an M8s, as it were (to borrow from Apple’s off-year model nomenclature) — will be pleased to learn that all these in-the-wild photos and mocked-up case renders were indeed clever plants, and that the One M9 and its big brother look almost nothing like last year’s One M8. In fact, I’ll submit that while the two devices share similar design language (check out yesterday’s exclusive for a description), they look less like the M8 than the M8 looked like the M7; in other words, a pretty significant break from the past.

I had a M7 for a few days. Build quality was laughable.

Is HTC notorious for bad build quality?

I haven't owned a phone from them since the incredible 2 and it was fine besides scratching easily. (Pretty much all phones did then) My nexus 9 build quality is fine also besides the shitty charger and buttons being a tad short.

tr4656

Is HTC notorious for bad build quality?

I haven't owned a phone from them since the incredible 2 and it was fine besides scratching easily. (Pretty much all phones did then) My nexus 9 build quality is fine also besides the shitty charger and buttons being a tad short.

M7 and M8 seemed to have good build quality from what I've heard.

Pachimari

I don't understand this.

I have my phone set to Do Not Disturb until 6 in the morning. But I missed a call ttoday because there were no sound and the alarm clock have no sound either.

These things are important to me.

RedFyn

I don't understand this.

I have my phone set to Do Not Disturb until 6 in the morning. But I missed a call ttoday because there were no sound and the alarm clock have no sound either.

These things are important to me.
Because your call and alarm clock went off before 6? Or because it kept the do not disturb after 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom