• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've lost me if they don't release or at least show something by April. 2015 looks like such a shitshow.
seems like a great year for phone wise other than sony though lol.

Samsung about to throw literally everything at the wall with the S6. HTC revamping the M9. Moto X should be good times. Oneplus 2. Nexus is still alive. LG gonna LG.

terrier

Samsung about to throw literally everything at the wall with the S6. HTC revamping the M9. Moto X should be good times. Oneplus 2. Nexus is still alive. LG gonna LG.

Is it? 810 potential issues, S6 going exynos (not a bad thing per se), HTC maybe finally delivering a flagship without major flaws (shitty camera on m7/8) but nothing revolutionary, sony probably skipping first half of the year flaship because of snapdragon, LG...???, next nexus maybe exists maybe doesn't, oneplus? really? is a niche phone.

Maybe all should do an 'apple' and focus on 3rd quarter (also previous to most important season for sales) instead of first quarter of the year.

Is it? 810 potential issues, S6 going exynos (not a bad thing per se), HTC maybe finally delivering a flagship without major flaws (shitty camera on m7/8) but nothing revolutionary, sony probably skipping first half of the year flaship because of snapdragon, LG...???, next nexus maybe exists maybe doesn't, oneplus? really? is a niche phone.

Maybe all should do an 'apple' and focus on 3rd quarter (also previous to most important season for sales) instead of first quarter of the year.
I still don't buy the 810 issues craze. Doesn't seem to be stopping LG and HTC at all.

terrier

I still don't buy the 810 issues craze. Doesn't seem to be stopping LG and HTC at all.

well, LG Flex2 isn't a mainstream device so in can 'fail' and seems more of a test device. Anyways, what alternative do they have? 805? mediatek? They have to have the 'latest' if they want to stand out.
And i do not know what problems 810 is having, but it seems that thay have had to lower clock speeds in order to achieve stabiliy, and performance wise, i wonder if that will mean just a marginal upgrade over 801/805 series

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Those aren't the best companies to be industry trend leaders. The G3 is slower than the G2 and HTC needs no introduction.

Hasney

Never going Samsung again after my S4 experience, maybe the M9 but it'll look hilarious if they're still pulling the act of the htc on the front. Need a new phone in April or at least know whats coming very soon, so possibly a G4 if they decide to focus on battery life. Nexus 6 is still tempting, but not on my network over here as they refuse to stock it.

Oneplus 2 if they get it on carriers for sure.

Wait for 201(n+1)

I don't buy it. If my contract was up last year, I would have jumped on a Z3 no question as it was a fantastic phone. It's still an option.

Wreav

Banned
Is it fair to say at this point if you jump on an 810 device at launch that you deserve all the pain and suffering you get?

I'm lucky that the devices I'm most interested are more Q3/Q4 anyway so I won't be affected. My eye is on Moto X 2015 and Nexus. Outside possibility of oneplus 2.

Darknight

Hey I got a question. Its about my Xperia Z3. Didnt want to make a new thread.

Anywho I bought this bad boy like ~1 week ago from the sony online website. Its a white unlocked model with 2 year warranty. So yesterday I was watching a streaming video and since the sides had the black bars, I could see a tiny "dead/stuck" pixel!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!

If you were to look for it, its on the status bar on the top left so now that I know where it is, I can always see it when I bring down that drop down window. So now im thinking of returning it to an actual Sony store thats near me. You guys think this is possible and if I would get a replacement the same day? Im not sure if dead pixels are common with smartphones or even the Z3s. You guys think they even would replace it for 1 dead pixel??

Toki767

I never really play games on my G3 (or on any phone at all) so I've never even noticed it get warm.

The Galaxy S, Galaxy S3, and G2, which were the phones I used to have before the G3, used to get warm just browsing the internet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Imagine the G4 being "only" as fast as the G3, due to the lower clocks!

No one would notice it, if it wasn't for benchmarks.
Have you used them? It's noticeable.

UncommonSameCaecilian.gif

I am the upvote dude in this OT

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I never really play games on my G3 (or on any phone at all) so I've never even noticed it get warm.

The Galaxy S, Galaxy S3, and G2, which were the phones I used to have before the G3, used to get warm just browsing the internet.

My One X got warm when you were on LTE. For some reason WiFi it was fine, but LTE was like setting an oven for 450° and watching it slowly heat up.

MEGATON HTC LOGO MOVEMENT FOR M9:

Our source claims that the HTC One (M9) will not feature the black bar which housed the HTC logo on the One (M7) and One (M8). The plastic speaker panels (used to cover the BoomSound speaker chamber and amp) that frame the top and bottom of the screen are slightly taller than those of the HTC One (M8) as they absorb most of the space that was previously used by the black bar and the displaced HTC logo will move down to the bottom speaker panel. While the speaker panels were exposed on the One (M7) and One (M8), they are enclosed within the edge-to-edge glass panel which covers the front of the HTC One (M9).

The only cutouts in the edge-to-edge glass panel is for the slit speaker grills that span 50% of the phone’s top and bottom edges with 45 degree cut - reminiscent of the Nexus 9′s BoomSound speaker placement and design.

Bboy AJ

Boy do I love seeing the Sonic Cycle in action.

Boy do I love seeing the Sonic Cycle in action.

In my defense, I'm not really excited as I don't plan to get an HTC/LG/Samsung flagship any time soon but I'm reacting for the people because that's what the people wanted!

Though I still think it's silly that there are ANY logos on the front of your phone. Get over yourselves goddamn.

Pachimari

I think Pushbullet got updated on all platforms today (iOS and OSX got a huge one, my Windows client got one as well). Check the add-on for updates or something.
I updated the app on Android already but I don't have the Pushbullet icon in my Chrome. Do I have to activate it somewhere?

Cheebo

Banned
I am still baffled how badly Sony messed up their phone division. The hardware itself is fantastic but the bi-yearly refreshes, non-existent marketing, and horrible roll-out of devices have held it all back. It's a shame.

Guess we slowly gotta start accepting Sony's mobile division is fading into nothingness.

For most people they never made out there. Didn't pretty much all Xperia flagships have some big flaw that put potential consumers off? At least before the Z3. Something about a display panel lottery or something? Or the camera that was great in theory, but didn't deliver the results people expected from it? Software aside, I always liked the phones. A colleague has an Xperia S (which I wanted to buy, but got that POS Galaxy Nexus instead) and I still love the design.

e: Maybe Sony should stop pulling an Apple with their accessories, too. £79.99 for the official flip cover with Qi charging?

Linius

I've had the Xperia S too. Loved it. Went on to the first Xperia Z. Never had trouble with it. Except for one water incident. But it resolved itself. Now I'm getting to know my Z3C.

As you can see, I'm really loving their phones since they dropped Ericsson. But I guess Xperia phones are just not for everyone.

I wonder what goes through sony's head when reading the apple quarter numbers lol. Throw samsung in there as well. Wish I could be a fly on the wall for their reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom