• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should work with any ROM. You just need root access. Works on my S4 and Nexus 7 just fine. I'm running CM 11 on both.
I think I know the problem then. I'm running stock, rooted Samsung firmware. The boot animation file is not actually called 'bootanimation.zip' here. It's something else. I'd rather not take the risk of messing with Samsung's crap, so I guess I'll take this L. Just one more reason for me to never go with a non Nexus/Google phone in the future.

This $35 S4 was just too good to ignore at the time though, especially since I was coming from a Nexus S.

Blablurn

Alright. Received my LGG2 yesterday. Beautiful device.

Camera makes great photos and even better video. Dem 60fps videos. They look stunning on the screen. Really, really stunning.

Navigation is pretty smooth as well. Still not sure if I will go with the stock LG look or go back to Nova Launcher which I have used on my Nexus and Moto G.

I'm okay with 16GB. After using only 8GB on my Moto G this feels a lil refreshing.

I don't mind the plastic back at all. Holding the phone with one hand doesn't give me any problems.

I love the double tap to start the phone. The buttons on the back don't feel awkward at all. No problem with that.

It's easy to cover the speakers with your hand which can be a lil annoying. And i wish the headphone jack would be on the top of the device.

But all in all it's a fantastic device. Paid 299€ for it. Cannot complain at all.

Cipherr

Damn they really did make GMusic great on chrome with the new update. Can upload from browser.

Did they remove the 2 download limit on songs outside of 'download all' restriction? Because I no longer see the warning.

Camp Lo

Banned
Where do you see an microSD slot?

Various tech sites that are leaking these photos and specs

http://www.android.gs/lg-g3-release-date-and-rumors-roundup/
We also expect the G3 to support WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, along with an improved camera, a 3,600 mAh battery, and 32GB or 64GB of internal memory, expandable by up to 128GB through the microSD card slot.

EpjoQ3q.jpg

RoKKeR

Hope a Snapchat question is acceptable here...

Started using it today on my HTC One (M7) and when doing the live video Chat my microphone hasn't been working. My friends can see me and I can hear and see them, but they get no audio from me. Then when I try a normal video or whatever my microphone works just fine.

Tried it with and without headphones, just find it weird that it doesn't work in that one part of snapchat. Any thoughts?

I'll give you the Note 3 but the Galaxy S5 doesn't feel particularly good in the hand. As I said, I don't know how a manufacturer can make a matte textured back feel slimy but Samsung managed that with the S5.

I actually like the GS5's back.. It reminds me of the Galaxy Nexus.

It's not as grippy as the Nexus 5 (black version), and the extra size doesn't help, but it feels nice.

After a full day using the xperia Z2 I'm pretty satisfy with it and would highly recommend it. It fix all the issue I had with my Z1.

I took the phone out off the charger at 7am and with heavy use, I still have 35 percent and it's 3am.

zatara

has anyone experienced this with their moto x active display? sometimes it won't show the time at all and sometimes it'll display double clocks. I can't find anything about this online don't know if its a bad phone or just the software.

w7Yx0ub.jpg

3phemeral

has anyone experienced this with their moto x active display? sometimes it won't show the time at all and sometimes it'll display double clocks. I can't find anything about this online don't know if its a bad phone or just the software.

w7Yx0ub.jpg

I've never seen that with mine. Then again, I don't have any lock screen/pin enabled. I suppose you've already checked the settings for apps that have lock-screen access?

The only issue I have with mine is if I check the recent apps list, it won't be updated real-time. I'll have to tap it, tap it again to get rid of it, then tap it again and then the most recent apps will appear. Sometimes it even takes a few more times and I'm not sure why that is. I've never had lock-screen issues, though.

zatara

I've never seen that with mine. Then again, I don't have any lock screen/pin enabled. I suppose you've already checked the settings for apps that have lock-screen access?

The only issue I have with mine is if I check the recent apps list, it won't be updated real-time. I'll have to tap it, tap it again to get rid of it, then tap it again and then the most recent apps will appear. Sometimes it even takes a few more times and I'm not sure why that is. I've never had lock-screen issues, though.

didn't look into that thanks for the tip, I did a factory reset so I'll slowly add apps to it to see if that's the problem.

edit: well that didnt last long all I did was sign in to my Google account didn't even install an app or update an app and its still doing it.

psylah

Really now. So far all of the articles I've read by them have usually been testing conducted by the person who wrote it. I thought it was the same for all their stuff.

Well it's pretty obvious when comparing the The Best Android Phone, Spring 2014 to The iPhone is our favorite smartphone. The former article is always quoting experts' opinions while the latter has a lot of "I" and "Me".

I like theWirecutter, and swear by its recommendations for a lot of stuff, but I think its smartphone section is completely wrong headed.

They do plenty of their own testing, Not sure if the phones in particular were crowdsourced from many reviews, but I could understand since they aren't a huge site, and buying 2400 dollars worth of phones would be prohibitive.

3phemeral

didn't look into that thanks for the tip, I did a factory reset so I'll slowly add apps to it to see if that's the problem.

edit: well that didnt last long all I did was sign in to my Google account didn't even install an app or update an app and its still doing it.
That's really odd. Has to be something with Touchless Control (i'm assuming). I don't think you can uninstall, reinstall it to make sure the files aren't corrupt, can you?

kehs

Banned
I know Drive is making people install sheets/docs seperately, but did I miss when apps where able to install other apps without first seeing the apps page in play store?

Is this a google only ability, cause this seems like a huge fuck-people-over vector for installing random shit.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know Drive is making people install sheets/docs seperately, but did I miss when apps where able to install other apps without first seeing the apps page in play store?

Is this a google only ability, cause this seems like a huge fuck-people-over vector for installing random shit.

Google only, I guess. Remember Messenger just appearing?

Manus

Just made the switch from the iPhone family. Got the Note 3. My God this is a beautiful device. Never going back to iOS.

This is my first Android device. Anything I need to know? I have Nova as a launcher.

The only problem I have with the GS5 is that it's just a little too big. The Nexus 5 was already pushing it in terms of one-handed usability (insert joke about fapping here) and the GS5 is even bigger

Edit: Just got my Spigen Neo Hybrid case for the GS5 :D It's very nice.

Firefox for Android is rubbish.

Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-01-34.png.png

Why the hell does it do that? why can't all the text be the same size? Also, pin-zoom or bust.

After owning the galaxy nexus, LG G2, Z1 and now z2.

ON Screen buttons still sucks!! Seriously what advantage does on screen button has over physical/capacitive buttons? I really can't think of any advantage...and it seem like only Google diehards are the only ones that like it for no apparent reason. Um yeah waste of screen space 98 percent of the time...

After owning the galaxy nexus, LG G2, Z1 and now z2.

ON Screen buttons still sucks!! Seriously what advantage does on screen button has over physical/capacitive buttons? I really can't think of any advantage...and it seem like only Google diehards are the only ones that like it for no apparent reason. Um yeah waste of screen space 98 percent of the time...

Fizzykal4lyfe

#TeamButtons

Hmmm...

Is there a way that I can get the Open Mic app to work with my Nexus 5 while the QuickCover is closed? It hears my 'okay Google' but then it turns off because the case is closed. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom