• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

had to turn off the "play sound on sending message" in the messenger app because of this stupid "feature" in the N6. why have something like that it it wrecks sounds.

i know i'm mentioning it again but it spoils my happiness. i love the phone but this just screams faulty and not a feature to me. id sell it if i could but its too much effort and i doubt the money id get back would get me the same spec of device

I just cant compregend the terrible shape mobile chrome is in so I'm going to keep bullshitting about it.

So if you press a menu button accidentaly and want to close it again, one would naturally press it again, right?

That is what most menu buttons do. You get used to it.

BUT NOT IN CHROME NU UH! The menu button turns into the refresh button because reasons, and you have to press outside of the menu to cancel the menu.

So yeah I know some people here used my app Classic Notes. It's also been in the top 20 productivity for over a year and been on the Google Play since 2011. Well it just got pulled from Google Play =\

So update on the situation. I sent an appeal to Google and they denied it and just told me to reupload the app without the infringing material. Sucks though I cause I lose all users/ratings/reviews (6 million + downloads since 2011) So here is the new link infringement free lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.classicnotes

L.O.R.D

they should make m9 with dual sim with Mediatek processor and dual camera
the other specs are just like the normal m9 ( 5" , 1080P )

Husker86

Isn't it just a black screen when it's not in use? That's not going to look very pretty I imagine.

Are you talking about the edges? The S6 Edge curved screen is all part of a standard 16:9 screen; it's not like the Note Edge where the edge was actually a (programmatically) independent set of pixels.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Weird problem - on my Z3C, when I added my work email as an exchange account, it forcibly locked my phone with a PIN, and it would sync my contacts and calendar.

But I've just done exactly the same on a Z3, and it isn't requiring me to lock the phone, and it is only syncing emails. How do I get it to add my calendar?

AndyD

aka andydumi
So update on the situation. I sent an appeal to Google and they denied it and just told me to reupload the app without the infringing material. Sucks though I cause I lose all users/ratings/reviews (6 million + downloads since 2011) So here is the new link infringement free lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flufflydelusions.app.classicnotes

Well, you're hopefully on the way to another 6 million. I just helped with a download and review.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Edge is such a dumb idea, warping the top and bottom of all landscape content.
Are you going to follow me on my Edge party like you eventually did on my N6 wagon? It took a lot of whining but you learned and relented.

Wreav

Banned
Are you going to follow me on my Edge party like you eventually did on my N6 wagon? It took a lot of whining but you learned and relented.

Nah, only reason I picked up an N6 is because I might need it on another carrier soon, and I wanted a fully multi-carrier device. If that's the case with the S6, I'd still get the regular body style. I really dislike the glass edges.

L.O.R.D

what you guys think about the Z4 ?

here is my prediction :
Screen 5.5 2K and for Z4C ( 5" and 1080P )
Mediatek processor ( 4 or 3 GB RAM )

the Z3 was able to play PS4 games using remote play
so , i think the Z4 will be able to play vita games ( just like the Vita TV )
and you can use the PS4 controller to use it

and with the phone price , and this ability , alot of people gonna buy it
but here the downside
there is no SD card slot , SONY not gonna let you use micro SD card to download alot of vita game on cheap card
so , there will be 32-64 and 128 GB version of the phone

DarkFlow

Banned
My N9 has zero build quality issues and I find the size perfect. Really the only negative is the performance. Google needs to fix this already. I assume (and hope) it's why 5.1 is taking so long.

Then you have the rare good one, because I returned 3 that all had problems before I just got a tab S.

Then you have the rare good one, because I returned 3 that all had problems before I just got a tab S.

I just read somewhere that white ones have less quality issues, got a white one, zero wrong with it lol. No idea if that's true or not but it was worth a shot since I was going to get a case for it anyway.

EmiPrime

I am sorting my grandmother out with the Android GAF approved Moto G 2. What can I do to make Android "granny proof"? All I can think of so far is to put on Nova and make the icons really big.

Withnail

I just cant compregend the terrible shape mobile chrome is in so I'm going to keep bullshitting about it.

So if you press a menu button accidentaly and want to close it again, one would naturally press it again, right?

BUT NOT IN CHROME NU UH! The menu button turns into the refresh button because reasons, and you have to press outside of the menu to cancel the menu.

Yeah this is horrible.

what you guys think about the Z4 ?

here is my prediction :
Screen 5.5 2K and for Z4C ( 5" and 1080P )
Mediatek processor ( 4 or 3 GB RAM )

the Z3 was able to play PS4 games using remote play
so , i think the Z4 will be able to play vita games ( just like the Vita TV )
and you can use the PS4 controller to use it

and with the phone price , and this ability , alot of people gonna buy it
but here the downside
there is no SD card slot , SONY not gonna let you use micro SD card to download alot of vita game on cheap card
so , there will be 32-64 and 128 GB version of the phone

5.2" QHD screen, no Z4c.
SD 810, 3 GB ram, SD card slot, non-removable battery.

NotBacon

Huh, never really thought about that. It is convenient for quick double-tap refreshes, but yeah it's not consistent UI.

DarkFlow

Banned
I just read somewhere that white ones have less quality issues, got a white one, zero wrong with it lol. No idea if that's true or not but it was worth a shot since I was going to get a case for it anyway.

Yeah I heard that too, that was why my 2nd one was white lol, it was worse then the black one.

Just give her the new Moto E. 150 bucks. Phone is goodenough.jpg.

Nexus 5 has bad battery life so that wouldn't be a good idea if she's a heavy user. Try to find a cheaper LG G2 over an S4.

A little late on this, but thanks for the suggestion. We originally got the Galaxy S4 refurbished, but she was having so many issues with the phone not booting properly and sounds not working that we returned it and got the Moto E. It should be arriving Friday.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thank you based Google for the free movie rental! Family watched Penguins of Madagascar thanks to the Chromecast offer.

KillGore

So is there a thread where tou guys show your personalized home scren/lock screen? Saw a thread but it's pretty old. No 2015 posts.

So just got my note 4 a few hours ago and my first impressions:

-Absolutely beautiful screen
-Bigger than I thought now that its in my pocket
-Better dimensions than my friends iphone6+
-Wasn't a ton of bloatware so...plus?

Now to clear away as much clutter on touchwiz as possible till I can get my screen looking like as stock android as I can. (I don't particularly hate touchwiz though, it's desktop-like multitasking and management keep me coming back.)

reKon

Banned
I've been bitching about not having 5.1 on my Nexus (2013). Well, I shouldn't be because even Nexus 9 owners don't have it yet!

Wreav

Banned
Can you explain how you were infringing? Sorry if you have already

His icon looked very much like the Apple notepad icon, and Apple threw a copyright infringement claim on him. Since no humans work at Google, the automation basically deleted the old app from the store, along with ratings and download history.

I've been bitching about not having 5.1 on my Nexus (2013). Well, I shouldn't be because even Nexus 9 owners don't have it yet!

When i bought my 9 I had no complaints about mine except for the sluggishness of the software. So I figured google would have a maintenance release out by Jan/Feb and didnt worry about it. $500+ tablet and its almost fucking April with no MR.

His icon looked very much like the Apple notepad icon, and Apple threw a copyright infringement claim on him. Since no humans work at Google, the automation basically deleted the old app from the store, along with ratings and download history.

Sucks but good to know. Thanks

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
how's your Note Edge holding up AJ?
If the software wasn't awful, I'd have a Note Edge 100%. By software, I mean TW and the hacked together edge feature. But the S6E has a full on edge that works very differently from the N4E. S6 shouldn't exist. Only S6E.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Google posted another new 5.1 build for the Nexus 5.

Meanwhile they don't even have a 5.1 build for their tablets that actually matter. Wtf

Bboy AJ

So Google posted another new 5.1 build for the Nexus 5.

Meanwhile they don't even have a 5.1 build for their tablets that actually matter. Wtf
They have one for n10 and not n9. Seems right to me. Unless you are talking about n7, which isn't even a real tablet, anyway.

Top Bottom