• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Im just wondering, I just got my z3 and before I got round to rooting it and maybe installing a custom ROM I just wanted to try out Sony's launcher first. Well I installed Apex over it and its fine and all but I want to put a different ROM on but there is a question I ask first that decides whether I do unlock it.

So on the Z3 it has native DS3/DS4 support over Bluetooth, I presume when I install a custom ROM this functionality is gone? This is the only thing stopping me because it just works so well and when I finally get my emulation sorted being able to use the controller would be ideal.

kinggroin

Banned
Im just wondering, I just got my z3 and before I got round to rooting it and maybe installing a custom ROM I just wanted to try out Sony's launcher first. Well I installed Apex over it and its fine and all but I want to put a different ROM on but there is a question I ask first that decides whether I do unlock it.

So on the Z3 it has native DS3/DS4 support over Bluetooth, I presume when I install a custom ROM this functionality is gone? This is the only thing stopping me because it just works so well and when I finally get my emulation sorted being able to use the controller would be ideal.

Custom ROMS many times often port stock features owners find useful. Check XDA and read the features of whatever ROM you have your eye on. The first post should tell you all you need regarding DS support.

Hasney

Custom ROMS many times often port stock features owners find useful. Check XDA and read the features of whatever ROM you have you're eye on. The first post should tell you all you need regarding DS support.

On top of that, if for whatever reason your chosen ROM doesn't have it, the Sixaxxis app (I think that's what it's called, I'll check my Fire HDX when I get home) works like a dream on both DS3 and 4.

Custom ROMS many times often port stock features owners find useful. Check XDA and read the features of whatever ROM you have you're eye on. The first post should tell you all you need regarding DS support.

Ah okay then, I'll have a sit down and look through them all.

On top of that, if for whatever reason your chosen ROM doesn't have it, the Sixaxxis app (I think that's what it's called, I'll check my Fire HDX when I get home) works like a dream on both DS3 and 4.

I have the app but I really don't like it, the support on the Sony ROM is just effortless and works exactly how I like it, I cant take the lesser solution now.

5amshift

Banned
Preordering S6 at 10am once Best Buy opens. First Android phone since being strictly iPhone since iPhone 1 launch.
I'm pretty excited to jump into the whole rooting game.

Twio

Er, does anyone know why all of the gold and 64/128GB options of the S6 and S6 Edge on BestBuy.com aren't available to pre-order? I want the Sprint 64GB Gold Edge but I don't feel like being bothered to go into my Best Buy store to pre-order one..

AndyD

aka andydumi
So i just had my first VoLTE call on my own phone and it was eerily high quality. I had tried it before on other's phones, but this was my own this morning and it took me by surprise. I have a G2 and it was an iphone 6 on the other end. If this is the future of calling quality, it can't come soon enough.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Oneplus is making a drone:
CBG7fd5UsAAFamR.jpg

kIdMuScLe

I don't know why you would want to install a custom ROM for the Z3 if is already perfect the way it is... Plus make sure you are able to backup the DRM keys or otherwise some features on your phone won't work plus the camera quality downgrades too

Avixph

People that are preordering the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge through the T-Mobile website are getting a confirmation that they will be receiving the phones on March 30, 2015.

Saiyan-Rox

So got this thing set up and am trying to stream some things to it and the quality is shocking is this what people were complaining about? main thing I was going to use this for was casting.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So got this thing set up and am trying to stream some things to it and the quality is shocking is this what people were complaining about? main thing I was going to use this for was casting.

The problem is why would you not just use Chromecast if you are just gonna be casting?

My chromecast was on its last legs anyway it's coming out of it's casing but wanted a nexus player anyway.

But still what gives? surely it shouldn't be happening

I would like to splurge on Android TV as well. Sometimes phones arent always available or convenient so why not just have both on the same device.

Pachimari

I have not been fond of anything Samsung since I bought a HDTV from them some years ago, and refuse to buy stuff from Samsung. But I have to say, that Samsung have the most interesting phones this year so far. Especially the Edge with its better battery and gimmick. It also looks solid surprisingly.

But I'll stick with my LG G3 for another year, and hope there's a phone with removable battery and SD card next year as well.

Wreav

Banned
In 6 months, we're going to see a slew of shattered Edges, ala the iPhone 1, and the poor schlubs who have to lie in their big bed of bad decisions.

Saiyan-Rox

I would like to splurge on Android TV as well. Sometimes phones arent always available or convenient so why not just have both on the same device.

I'll admit it's the first device i've bough that'll actually let me play owned GP movies in actual HD rather than sticking on 480p which is great but casting too it there seems to be a big issue in quality

Mindwipe

My chromecast was on its last legs anyway it's coming out of it's casing but wanted a nexus player anyway.

But still what gives? surely it shouldn't be happening

It's a known issue.

How the fuck Google shipped the platform with it like that I have no idea, but it's not just you.

Top Bottom