• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Wreav

Banned
oh shit that's out?

ZuSnbn9.gif

Quasar

Plex 4.0 - Some nice improvements there in terms of standardising the interface with the Android norms. Plus Airplay support is handy for me.

vulva

I'm sure this has been asked before but hunting down an answer across 5 threads is hard.

I was wondering about two things.

1) What's the best RSS type app that has a widget to display info on the homescreen? I was using Pulse but the latest update has completely borked the widget and now I can't get anything smaller than 3x3 for size. If there's something comparable I'd be all about that..

2) I'm running Color OS (Oppo Find 5) and I want to see if there's a way to make it so my homescreen apps have a black background behind their name so that the white text doesn't clash/get lost in homescreen wallpapers. I'm assuming I can't natively do that within my OS so is there a recommended launcher that includes that functionality?

Thanks dudes!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I just dont get why they would take off usb 3.0 on the s6.

Just went to best buy to see how it feels. And I love it. But I can't help but think while the quality went up, some of my favorite features went away.

Quasar

I just dont get why they would take off usb 3.0 on the s6.

Just went to best buy to see how it feels. And I love it. But I can't help but think while the quality went up, some of my favorite features went away.

You'd think given its stupid expensive price they could afford it.

Avixph

Do any of you know any case manufacturers that will be selling cases for the Samsung Galaxy S6 that make cases that have a matted/soft touch back similar to the iPad mini flip case?

I'm sure this has been asked before but hunting down an answer across 5 threads is hard.

I was wondering about two things.

1) What's the best RSS type app that has a widget to display info on the homescreen? I was using Pulse but the latest update has completely borked the widget and now I can't get anything smaller than 3x3 for size. If there's something comparable I'd be all about that..

2) I'm running Color OS (Oppo Find 5) and I want to see if there's a way to make it so my homescreen apps have a black background behind their name so that the white text doesn't clash/get lost in homescreen wallpapers. I'm assuming I can't natively do that within my OS so is there a recommended launcher that includes that functionality?

Thanks dudes!

1) I use gReader Pro. Recommended :D You can sync it with Feedly or The Old Reader (although I just keep it local). It has a 4x2 title(+summary) widget, and a 4x4 scrollable widget. They can both be resized to 3x3.

I don't usually use the widget but I took a screenshot for you hehe :p

HnDFPsv.png

2) You shouldn't need to have a black background. Does your OS not by default add a shadow to your icon labels? I use Nova Launcher and have text shadow on my labels by default. I know TouchWiz and Stock Android do it too.

Avixph

Do any of you know any case manufacturers that will be selling cases for the Samsung Galaxy S6 that make cases that have a matted/soft touch back similar to the iPad mini flip case?
Anyone?

Lets talk about S6 cases, whats everyone getting?

I think I'm going to stick with the trusted Otterbox brand and pick up a Commuter Series case. I like that it covers all the ports because my job can be kinda dusty.

But I might also get a Spigen Transparent Case for when I want to show off that beautiful glass back.
Of what I have seen I like the look of the cases by Spigen, Versus, Case-Mate, and Tech-21.

Husker86

Best Buy AT&T Next 12 (20 payments) for the S6 is only $29/month. That's a total of $580. The Edge is $40 and change; over $220 difference. I wonder if this is a Best Buy deal or a fuck up on their part.

edit: Nevermind, once you get further in the process it changes to $34.35/month. Lying bastards.

Got to touch the s6 and edge today.

Coming from an m8 they felt really light. Also I don't know if I can give up swiping the screen to wake up the phone.

Husker86

Got to touch the s6 and edge today.

Coming from an m8 they felt really light. Also I don't know if I can give up swiping the screen to wake up the phone.

Well, the Galaxy phones have a physical home button. I know I've always wanted a phone with tap to wake or something similar, but when I use my iPhone I never even think about it (especially when you are secured with a fingerprint).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wonder if we will finally start to get tablets with more than 2 gigs of RAM this year.

Give me a high res screen with 3-4 gigs of LPDDR4 and just set aside 1 gig for VRAM.

Top Bottom