• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I was just posting in the OT hangout that I admired you for sticking to your guns. Some people make excuses for companies. It was a refreshing change.

At $389 it isn't bad. I can probably sell my OPO for $250. I want the additional T-Mobile bands more than anything else. I'm disappointed in the lack of 2k screen though. I still might hold off.

HpH2jIr.jpg

I like the 3rd back on top of the notebook.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Other tweets: no quick charge, only USB 2.0. Mostly because type C. No big deal personally, but I'll miss that sweet sweet quick charge

BlazinAm

Other tweets: no quick charge, only USB 2.0. Mostly because type C. No big deal personally, but I'll miss that sweet sweet quick charge

Sucks though but a lot of my battery problems came from the fact that phone would randomly turn on while at work.\

Edit: Fuck, mono-speakers. Damn I'm still in but damn.

this_guy

Price is right for the OnePlus Two, and it has all the LTE bands for both T-Mobile and AT&T. MBKHD says battery isn't as good as the original OnePlus, but the phone overall seems like a solid purchase.

Price is right for the OnePlus Two, and it has all the LTE bands for both T-Mobile and AT&T. MBKHD says battery isn't as good as the original OnePlus, but the phone overall seems like a solid purchase.

If it's a way better overall phone than my S4, then I'm happy :).

On the surface, the OnePlus 2 is very similar to its predecessor. It’s still the same 5.5-inch device, but the body material is significantly nicer this time — most of the frame is made of aluminum, but the back keeps the textured, grippy material featured on last year’s phone. That back is easier to replace this time; OnePlus showed me a handful of new backs including two wooden options and a kevlar back that brings to mind Verizon’s never-ending parade of Droids. The combo of the unusual textured back with the shiny metal frame looked great to me, and the Moto X-like contour of the phone meant that it nestled into my hand and felt a bit smaller than such a large phone should feel.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/27/9051753/oneplus-2-smartphone-hands-on

Admodieus

Do any if the fingerprint scanner phones allow you to touch the fingerprint scanner and unlock the device without waking it up first? I know with my dad's iPhone, he has to wake up the phone then touch his finger to the thing.

MKBHD's video shows him touching his finger to the scanner of a phone with the screen off, and it wakes and unlocks in one fell swoop. You don't even see the lock screen when the display comes on.

kinggroin

Banned
No fast charge, yet bigger battery, yet much worse battery life, yet 1080p, mono speaker, no nfc

Why would you buy this over the previous model again? Marginally better camera?

Edit: The old model is $100 cheaper. Only has two negatives comparitvely. Lol.

Wow, those prices for the 1+2 are great. When they said under $450, I assumed that meant $449. Nice! It seems like a really good device, but I'm disappointed in no NFC, no stereo speakers, and USB 2.0 type-c.

linkboy

I'm good with no NFC, I have a CAC card that keeps tripping my NFC when its turned on. Makes a loud beeping sound that's annoying as fuck.

kinggroin

Banned
I don't know how he got 6 1/2 hrs of screen on time on the One Plus One. I don't anything close to that. My screen on time is closer to that of the 2.

I'd routinely get 5hrs SOT when I had mine. Sometimes 4.5 hrs

If this is pulling less, then I expect somewhere around 3hrs sot with the 810 powered successor, which is mediocre. Maybe MKB and the benchmark is wrong...maybe not.

If this is pulling less, then I expect somewhere around 3hrs sot with the 810 powered successor, which is mediocre. Maybe MKB and the benchmark is wrong...maybe not.

I think his OPO benchmark must have been from KitKat. Lollipop loves to suck battery. Maybe someone can backport KitKat to the OP2.

kinggroin

Banned
awsome, thanks!

Why are people bothered by no 1080p? I don't see why you'd need anything more on a smartphone.

1080p is fine and actually beneficial since it can keep your battery life higher than it otherwise would be.

From the first hands on, its a concession that doesnt allow the new model to outlast the old one. So, its like, what's the point.

I'm thinking instead of trying to work around the 810, One Plus should have gone 805 again with the same resolution, but keep the upgrades (camera, finger print sensor and battery size). Would have fucking killed at the price they're launching at.

this_guy

If it's only 3 hours of screen time with a 1080p screen and 3300mah battery that's pretty disappointing.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The only reason to get an OPT over a nearly year old Nexus 6 is price. No quick charging, no NFC, worse screen.

MBKHD says battery isn't as good as the original OnePlus
"Guys guys 1080 so good yeah that battery life oh yeah yesss no crappy 2k screen based battery life"

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I think his OPO benchmark must have been from KitKat. Lollipop loves to suck battery. Maybe someone can backport KitKat to the OP2.
BRO I just said I admired you for not apologizing for a company. Cmon.

Hattori

Banned
Fingerprint reader but no NFC? I find that hard to believe but if true, it would be a pass for me. I didn't jump to Android to get less features and functionality than what I'm used to, it's going to be a Nexus year for me.

BRO I just said I admired you for not apologizing for a company. Cmon.

Not apologizing. Lollipop just sucks. I still think it is horrible that they didn't put in a 2k screen and now with extra info coming out, I'm leaning towards not buying again. It just isn't a big upgrade over my OPO other than the new LTE bands for T-Mobile.

RuGalz

Should have stuck with 805. I'm okay with 1080p. Oh well not like my wife is eager to get a new phone anyway. She gets 5 hrs easily now.

EmiPrime

With smart lock I rarely need to do my pattern to unlock my phone so a fingerprint scanner without NFC for Android Pay is pretty useless to me. No wireless charging sucks too.

Alchemy

I don't care that the phone is cheaper, I just want a good 5.5 inch Android phone with good battery life. Had hopes for this since it was 1080p, but there always seems to be some random issue with Android phones. Well... fingers crossed for the Moto X3?

Bboy AJ

No NFC, worse battery, 1080P screen, no quick charging, no wireless charging. Introducing the One Minus One.

Top Bottom