• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
$389 is good, tbh

oneplus2-fingerprint.gif

hitgirl

Time to go back to my friend hat in hand because I wasn't expecting 1080p sub $400. Looks like I'll get one if he has an extra invite.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't blame Bobo for not buying it due to a 1080p screen. If it's a flagship, it should have 2k. They should have charged more to make 2k happen. And a bigger battery.

Good phone. Not for me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why didn't they list customer service and proper warranty support as bullet points

BlazinAm

Mbkhd says it has worse (but still decent) battery than the first. If it had a 2k display battery would be garbage.

How much of that is the Lollipop issues that exist with memory leaks and battery usage being shit on that version of Android. There are so many things that could affect battery life.

The lack of quick charge is a puzzling issue of me.

It's a megaton price for what you're getting. Future-proof that as well. I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping on it ASAP. Moto definitely can't match it.

How much of that is the Lollipop issues that exist with memory leaks and battery usage being shit on that version of Android. There are so many things that could affect battery life.

The lack of quick charge is a puzzling issue of me.

Lollipop is the main thing to blame. Lollipop killed battery on my OPO before I installed a custom kernel to help keep it in check.

Bboy AJ

At that price I'm back in.
I was just posting in the OT hangout that I admired you for sticking to your guns. Some people make excuses for companies. It was a refreshing change.

BlazinAm

No. Be glad you don't have one. Sit. Wait for all the years flagships to be announced.

Because there's no guarantee of it, of course. Minute it stops working you're SOL. Least it was cheap? Least it was cheap.

By September all the flagship will have been announced, or have leaks about them. The only one that might not have an announcement is the Nexus device they like to keep those announcements until late into Q4.

I think this latter half of the year is going to deliver between this and the nexuses. Just need to fast forward then make purchasing decision then party.

jwk94

Do any if the fingerprint scanner phones allow you to touch the fingerprint scanner and unlock the device without waking it up first? I know with my dad's iPhone, he has to wake up the phone then touch his finger to the thing.

Top Bottom