• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Talon

Never mind, Motorola finally clarifies. They'll still sell through Carriers as well. They're just focusing on direct sales at this event.

Motorola is bad at Product Marketing even after they're sold from Google.

Ty4on

Maybe I was writing the post before the other post was posted.
Just maybe.
You're not using a device that can multitask? ^^

God I hate posting on an Android device when I've used a computer. The UI is just so slow and clunky for handling multiple websites and apps at the same time.

Wreav

Banned
I still can't decide what market the Style is going after. Phablet size with no phab features...

And yet, it's ticking every one of the most wanted features boxes...great battery, great camera (on paper), NO 810, decent RAM, no bloat, cheap.

SD 615 tho....is it good?

NOBODY READS

Ty4on

Nothing but Google Play Services. It just destroys the battery and performance of the phone.
Sounds like a factory reset, if you haven't already, could fix that. I totally corrupted Play Services when I updated to 5.0 (N4) so I have bad experiences with it :p
In that case though everything fucked up with the phone not even able to connect to a PC.

The Moto G looks like a contender to replace my N4 when the time comes. Would be nice if the screen were 1080p but the Canadian price is $200 which isn't bad at all considering the exchange rate. Same camera as the N6, too.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Never mind, Motorola finally clarifies. They'll still sell through Carriers as well. They're just focusing on direct sales at this event.

Motorola is bad at Product Marketing even after they're sold from Google.

SD 615 tho....is it good?

The Style has an 808. The X Play has the 615

This along with my posts is the reason this is fucked up. They can't present the info worth shit so everyone is confused as fuck.

That's on Moto.

Talon

lol, Motorola.

Moto X Pure is the Moto X Style that's stock and sold direct.
Moto X Style is the carrier version.
Moto X Play isn't coming to the US.

Product Marketing. How does it work?

lol, Motorola.

They should just shit on people for not reading, because that's clearly the problem.

Wreav

Banned
lol, Motorola.

There is literally nothing different here than what they've done before. Where they fucked up is having a multi-national press conference to announce it.

No one gives two fucks that the Moto Maxx is the Droid Turbo. It doesn't lead to any brand confusion, because we don't live in two separate countries.

You'll go to your carrier, and they'll have the Moto Style. You'll get it or you won't. You'll go to Amazon and they'll have the Pure Edition with the same specs (minus the battery). You'll get it or you won't.

Talon

There is literally nothing different here than what they've done before. Where they fucked up is having a multi-national press conference to announce it.

No one gives two fucks that the Moto Maxx is the Droid Turbo. It doesn't lead to any brand confusion, because we don't live in two separate countries.

You'll go to your carrier, and they'll have the Moto Style. You'll get it or you won't. You'll go to Amazon and they'll have the Pure Edition with the same specs. You'll get it or you won't.
Actually, it is quite different. On the Motomaker site, the (2014) Moto X is a single product, and you can select a Pure edition (or carrier edition) as the very last step in the process. Also, Amazon sells a generic "unlocked GSM version" of the Moto X - not the Moto Pure.

Currently, the Moto X Pure is an entirely different product line within the dropdown.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
All of these new phone announcements and ASUS of all fucking companies stays winning.

They have the best 2 phones to currently buy not named the GS6/Edge.

The $200 model wipes the floor with the Moto G, and the $300 is as fast as the other inexpensive flagships while being cheaper than them all.

thenexus6

UK moto maker is up for the G but its not working yet..Also "from £179.99" makes me think the 2GB / 16GB version will be around £200-220?

RuGalz

Moto's line looks great. Too bad no finger print scanner. So I guess I maybe more interested next year if the 5.2" size also releases in the US.

Hasney

Micro USB is just fine, USB C is a nice to have but not big deal, same with fingerprint scanning really. I certainly wouldn't base my purchase on them.

Rest of the phone(s) don't sound too hot anyway though.

Top Bottom