• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Correct, but that means no financing or subsidized phones, which is how most Americans buy their phones. This is going to be a shit show.

Maybe, but if you think about it, if you buy it outright, basically every major carrier makes your monthly bill cheaper if you fully own the phone.

Like if it works the same way my phone does now for Verizon, you would only be paying $15 a month instead of $40 because of that. Save $25 over 24 months is $600. So you're paying less.

The Moto X devices personify what's wrong with Android device selection as a whole. I've said it a million times but it unfortunately always boils down to a "pick your poison" game. No fingerprint here but fingerprint there, but battery worse here and camera worse there, and this and that and so on and so forth. It shouldn't be this hard lol.

Anyway if I understood it all correctly it looks like a skip for me. I think OP2 is better as a backup if nexus falls through. Honestly though the huawei nexus will be better than anything here even if it is priced higher and you have to use a carrier upgrade. Will be worthwhile. That is if you're looking for a 5.7 incher.

The Moto X devices personify what's wrong with Android device selection as a whole. I've said it a million times but it unfortunately always boils down to a "pick your poison" game. No fingerprint here but fingerprint there, but battery worse here and camera worse there, and this and that and so on and so forth. It shouldn't be this hard lol.

Anyway if I understood it all correctly it looks like a skip for me. I think OP2 is better as a backup if nexus falls through. Honestly though the huawei nexus will be better than anything here even if it is priced higher and you have to use a carrier upgrade. Will be worthwhile. That is if you're looking for a 5.7 incher.

I could deal with 5.7". At least it's not the Edge, which is just plain uncomfortable. Am I wishful in thinking that they really do do the 5.7" and 5.2" Nexus phones?

Even if it's doesn't have fingerprint, if it all turns out fine, then it'll be great for the price.

Maybe, but if you think about it, if you buy it outright, basically every major carrier makes your monthly bill cheaper if you fully own the phone.

Like if it works the same way my phone does now for Verizon, you would only be paying $15 a month instead of $40 because of that. Save $25 over 24 months is $600. So you're paying less.

I buy my phones like that, but no one else I know does lol.

Edit:also phones this year

giphy.gif

solarus

The moto style looks pretty killer, its just too big for me. My s6 would be perfect if its battery life wasn't shit, only thing making me want to switch. If the camera matches the s6 I'd consider swapping to the style but the lack of a fingerprint sensor is pretty huge IMO.

Admodieus

Yeah, I'm looking to upgrade from my Moto X 2013 and now the Nexus is my last hope, but even that's not until November.

Yeah, I'm looking to upgrade from my Moto X 2013 and now the Nexus is my last hope, but even that's not until November.

the huawei nexus is likely out late october barring any delays so you should have a good idea of it by leaks by mid august/september.

Not sure about the LG nexus.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Best budget android with a selfie camera for an 11 year old - moto E? Looking for something <£100, would be a replacement for a lumia 530.

Since the Moto X Pure is going at $399... what the hell is the onboard storage looking like? I wish we knew if the memory was LPDDR4 or not.

Really outside of it being huge (con for some) and no fingerprint, it is has some damn good hardware for the price. Now all we need to know is how much internal space is in the $399.

Saiyan-Rox

Its probably the winningest phone so far this year. So no, not a bust.

Just a lot of people with puny size hands

I just went and looked it up anyway and dayum it really is the N6 Little brother. Big phones are great embrace them O.O

No Uk price on the new Moto but i'm still all in for the OP2

HawkeyeIC

Really outside of it being huge (con for some) and no fingerprint, it is has some damn good hardware for the price. Now all we need to know is how much internal space is in the $399.

There's a 16GB option, so $399 for will buy you that. Hopefully they don't get crazy with the price jump to 32GB.

MarkusRJR

Wow the Moto X Play is literally my perfect phone. Huge battery, nice design, good screen, good sounding camera, fast charging, and stock Android. And only $400 in Canada.

Definitely upgrading my Moto G.

Also, it's strange how Canada gets the Moto X Style and Play while US gets the actual Moto X.

EDIT: Never mind apparently Canada isn't even getting the high end Moto X at all. I'm not getting it but WTF Motorola?

qHD with an 3,000 mAh battery worries me, but other than that, bravo, Motorola.

Also, the Moto X Play not coming to the US reeks of Verizon shenanigans. The rumored Droid Maxx 2 is probably based on it. We saw a similar thing with the Maxx 1. Everyone else got the GSM version; the US did not.

Top Bottom