• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Why? You don't want people to be smart in their purchases?

EDIT: This is the Android thread dammit. We all have Ouyas here.
giphy.gif

I run Linux
lol

Worried about LGs software? I think the G4 will be very solid hardware this year.
The thing with the G4 though is that I know exactly what it will be like. Like the G3 but more. And that's not my interest personally. Who knows though maybe they pull some top secret shit out of their hat.

injurai

Banned
So what are verizon's prospects for 2015? They always seem to have the absolute dregs of the android world at all times.

ILoveBish

#teamnote4in2015

Looks like everyones bitter tears are justified. What a horrible year for android.

The folks losing their shit over the lack of SD card in the OT thread is like a parody of every 5th page of this thread.

Android deprecated it, people. Plus local media storage becomes less and less important every year.

Let it go.

No thanks. If i cant get microsd, i won't purchase the phone. #teamnote4in2015

injurai

Banned
goddamn I hate verizon, it's amazing how they managed to be so successful before landing the iphone on their network...

Husker86

LG G3 or Moto X 2nd Gen for my girlfriend...the G3 is actually cheaper on Amazon, but I'm kinda going back to preferring AMOLED look. Only thing that worries me is the Moto X camera, and battery life I guess. She is coming from an Optimus G, and while it ran pretty smooth, I'd like her to experience some stock goodness eventually.

As ready as I was, I may be sitting out on a new phone for myself for even longer. If I get to two years with my Nexus 5 I will be shocked, but I just can't find anything that wows me.

LG G3 or Moto X 2nd Gen for my girlfriend...the G3 is actually cheaper on Amazon, but I'm kinda going back to preferring AMOLED look. Only thing that worries me is the Moto X camera, and battery life I guess. She is coming from an Optimus G, and while it ran pretty smooth, I'd like her to experience some stock goodness eventually.

As ready as I was, I may be sitting out on a new phone for myself for even longer. If I get to two years with my Nexus 5 I will be shocked, but I just can't find anything that wows me.
She is not going to miss out on much. But she will miss out on a much better camera and battery life. I'd get her the G3.
Anybody else hoping the Z4 and G4 comes in and kills it?
I'm hoping so. This year cannot be so terrible, it just can't.

Husker86

She is not going to miss out on much. But she will miss out on a much better camera and battery life. I'd get her the G3.

I'm hoping so. This year cannot be so terrible, it just can't.
Yeah, battery life alone is making me consider the G3. She is terrible about plugging her phone in during the day.

Anybody else hoping the Z4 and G4 comes in and kills it?
I can't care about sony for obvious reasons but it would be nice if the G4 was a good phone but what would people consider killing it? I feel like we all know exactly what the G4 will be, like the G3 but better. Not saying that's a bad thing if you're into it but I'm also not sure what people are expecting from it.

I can't care about sony for obvious reasons but it would be nice if the G4 was a good phone but what would people consider killing it? I feel like we all know exactly what the G4 will be, like the G3 but better. Not saying that's a bad thing if you're into it but I'm also not sure what people are expecting from it.

Probably expecting it to be more premium build. I'm personally hoping they make the screen smaller and use AMOLED instead of LCD.

Avixph

About Micro SD card slot, can't any of the case or battery pack case manufacturers produce a case for the Samsung Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge that has a Micro SD card slot?

OnePlus could be great if they'd offer their users a stock rom. I don't see what makes their skin better than HTC's, Sony's or Samsung's.

Oxygen OS is going to be pretty much stock. They hired alot of the paranoid android guys to design it and it will be stock plus a few enhancements like better camera software.

Pooya

oh Samsung. There is really no point in not buying iPhone over GS6 now, good job. They really have no clue how to differentiate.

Furyous

OnePlus could be great if they'd offer their users a stock rom. I don't see what makes their skin better than HTC's, Sony's or Samsung's.

The OPO does have a stock ROM.

Call me a nerd but I'm psyched for benchmarks to come out for all three phones. Battery comparisons and quality of flash storage are going to be key to sway my purchasing decision as this year moves forward. It's interesting to see if Samsung's strategy is remotely successful and they significantly improve their margins the face of lower sales on the low to mid end of the spectrum.

I'm #TEAMTAKEMAHMONEY to whomever comes with what I want. The M9 is close but we've got a long year to decide on what to buy. If my i5 can last three years this next device has to as well and I'll be damned if I buy something that won't last.

Have faith guys. Still lots of devices to go. Z4, oneplus2, moto x , lg g4, nexus.

Your money will be taken. They can't allll disappoint................

reKon

Banned
Sonic cycle is in full effect here.. (except the disappointment comes at the unveiling stage, not when the phones are fully reviewed)

Top Bottom