• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreav

Banned
Just saw the new W10 phone specs, didn't know they were putting 808s/3GB in those as well. Looks to be a viable option if you're poor and need a phone and the 5X is over your budget.

Drifters

Just saw the new W10 phone specs, didn't know they were putting 808s/3GB in those as well. Looks to be a viable option if you're poor and need a phone and the 5X is over your budget.
They can get an iPhone 5 for free now why get a windows phone?

NotBacon

Don't be fooled by his nice composition, several of those photos are handling exposure very poorly.

The camera is being lauded by multiple parties already and has near-top scores on a respected photography site, and you still can't acknowledge it? Lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Kevyt

I'm thinking of returning the Moto G and just getting a Moto X style. It would have to be the 16 gb version because I'm poor.

However I'm still undecided. Would love the OPT but the invite system... ugh.

I care a lot about battery more than anything and the QHD display of the Moto X style is somewhat off putting for this reason.

I'm constantly using Instagram, Facebook Chat, Skype and the browser for gaf and other things. So far the Moto G handles all of this but it's slow, it can be felt easily...

kinggroin

Banned
The camera is being lauded by multiple parties already and has near-top scores on a respected photography site, and you still can't acknowledge it? Lol.

Are you surprised. We are a year past the launch of the OG 6 and it still gets shit on for taking garbage pics (it doesn't - software is wacky though).

Some narratives are hard to break when they've been true for so damn long

Edit: It'll be interesting to see what we can pull off with this successor when using a competent camera app that supports camera2api

NotBacon

After the N6, your opinion on mobile photography is worth about nill.

The N6 is known for taking well above average pictures (also reflected by the scores on DxOMark). This is a fact.

But go ahead, let's see what hole you dig yourself into this time.

Are you surprised. We are a year past the launch of the OG 6 and it still gets shit on for taking garbage pics (it doesn't - software is wacky though).

It is a sad state of affairs. Thanks Obama.

VoxPop

Is there any big difference besides the S-Pen/Curved screen in the Note 5 and S6 Edge+? I'm picking one of them up for my dad. He doesn't do much on his phone and struggles to type so I'm guessing the Note would be a better buy? He still carries around a Moleskine so I'm guessing this would be a decent upgrade. He's using an iPhone 4 LOL.

I don't like how Google engineers refused to answer the guy who asked if it was a current gen amoled panel from Samsung or a leftover from last year.

It's stuff like that and the poor treatment of EU customers that is pushing me towards a 6S. I like (stock) Android a lot more than iOS and Apple don't treat EU customers particularly well either but Google are taking the piss.

I'm following up on this thread.

They did, in fact, go back and answer that question.

google_nexus_team 37 points 18 minutes ago
Yep, confirmed: Nexus 6P has the latest generation panels from Samsung. One of things we deeply care for is the quality and accuracy of the display through which all of us connect with the stuff we care about. We created a very tight spec (white-point temperature, delta-E variance, color-space accuracy, etc) for the 6P WQHD AMOLED panel, so it was important that we use the most cutting edge panel technology available.

Groof

why do you even bother? arguing with him is like bashing your head into a wall. it'll lead you nowhere and leave you with a headache.

I'm thinking of returning the Moto G and just getting a Moto X style. It would have to be the 16 gb version because I'm poor.

However I'm still undecided. Would love the OPT but the invite system... ugh.

I care a lot about battery more than anything and the QHD display of the Moto X style is somewhat off putting for this reason.

I'm constantly using Instagram, Facebook Chat, Skype and the browser for gaf and other things. So far the Moto G handles all of this but it's slow, it can be felt easily...

If you are in Dallas I'll meet up and sell you my OP2 for cost $390. I only used it for a few hours before going back to my OPO.

google_nexus_team 37 points 18 minutes ago
Yep, confirmed: Nexus 6P has the latest generation panels from Samsung. One of things we deeply care for is the quality and accuracy of the display through which all of us connect with the stuff we care about. We created a very tight spec (white-point temperature, delta-E variance, color-space accuracy, etc) for the 6P WQHD AMOLED panel, so it was important that we use the most cutting edge panel technology available.

They did, in fact, go back and answer that question.

pass-out.gif

Jesus Christ, possibly using this S6 display? I tried out the S6 again today and the display is too good.

NotBacon

Also I made an app.

Everybody behold the greatest app of all time. It will change your life, cure your ailments, and save the world.

Support local farmers markets!
With this app you can explore markets in any U.S. city, town, or zip code.
- Use device location to show nearby markets
- Show distance to markets near device
- View markets as a list or in a map
- Various details (address, schedule, website, products, etc.) provided by USDA data
- Pin markets to "Favorite markets" list on app home screen
Sorry to the people not in 'murica. You can download, but it only shows U.S. markets for now.

Reckoner

god i hate reading reddit. I wish there was a readable summary afterwards.

PELASE

Lol if they finally managed to deliver a color accurate display... Wow, Google. Such improvements!

Sony are also very slow on software updates.

I think that they are already doing a public test of 6.0 for Xperia devices. I think they'll speed up the update process now that their version of Android is even closer to stock.

I told ya guys. This is the smartphone to buy this year.

The N6 is known for taking well above average pictures (also reflected by the scores on DxOMark). This is a fact.

But go ahead, let's see what hole you dig yourself into this time.

It is a sad state of affairs. Thanks Obama.

It may take good pictures, if you manage to get it to focus properly.

Groof

Also I made an app.

Everybody behold the greatest app of all time. It will change your life, cure your ailments, and save the world.

Sorry to the people not in 'murica. You can download, but it only shows U.S. markets for now.

you're just as bad as google :(

nice app though! i'll be starting android development soon myself.

VoxPop

Wow. Huawei hit it out of the park with the 6P with the battery, serviceable camera and a great display. If it had the fingerprint up front and a non 810, it would be damn near perfect. And stock Android with only a $499 price tag. They won 2015. Now let's talk about what we want in 2016.

Reckoner

I have a 6P pre-ordered, but if they release the Z5 soon in the US it's mine. The problem is that last part.

The 6P is better than what I was expecting. If they really got last gen AMOLEDs from Samsung and also calibrated them correctly, then it's definitely a good buy for you guys in the US.

Wow. Huawei hit it out of the park with the 6P with the battery, serviceable camera and a great display. If it had the fingerprint up front and a non 810, it would be damn near perfect. And stock Android with only a $499 price tag. They won 2015. Now let's talk about what we want in 2016.

I don't think the 810 is a problem anymore. They should have probably already dealt with the heat issues and it should be the fastest chip out there.

The 6P is better than what I was expecting. If they really got last gen AMOLEDs from Samsung and also calibrated them correctly, then it's definitely a good buy for you guys in the US.

I don't think the 810 is a problem anymore. They should have probably already dealt with the heat issues and it should be the fastest chip out there.
I've been a Sony Xperia supporter since I got into this community. Hopefully they knock it out of the park this year(and into the U.S).

kinggroin

Banned

Hasn't been since the OPT. They were the first to tame the beast in a phone body.

NotBacon

You are the man!

Edit: any way to make the information page fit to screen?

Not for the moment. You can scroll it though. The API for their database super sucks and doesn't expose that data, so I'm just loading an html page with the details for now.

To fix it I'll have to back their data with my own API, so that's in the works.

Are you taking C++?

No. But I do use C++ occasionally.

The Nexus 4 and 5 had wireless charging, because the Micro USB port was such a hassle to use and now that both phones have Type C and quick charging, wireless charging isn't needed anymore.

Right.

Not for the moment. The API for their database super sucks and doesn't expose that data, so I'm just loading an html page with the details for now.

To fix it I'll have to back their data with my own API, so that's in the works.

No. But I do use C++ occasionally.
"Occasionally" I'm over here busting my butt to memorize everything while Bacon takes it for fun as a pastime:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom