• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think keep the xplay for ~100-200 bucks cheaper for the 6 months to a year I plan to use it, or keep the 5X.

I'll let the crowd decide.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What do you guys think keep the xplay for ~100-200 bucks cheaper for the 6 months to a year I plan to use it, or keep the 5X.

Keep the 5x - the negative reaction is hilarious.

- It is a reasonable size - the 6P will not be an option for many because of that.
- the camera looks to be as good as the 6P which should mean one of the best there is
- 1080p screen is a good resolution
- notification led
- sensor hub and ambient screen sounds great - my lumia 920 glance screen was genuinely useful and this sounds similar

Keep the 5x - the negative reaction is hilarious.

- It is a reasonable size - the 6P will not be an option for many because of that.
- the camera looks to be as good as the 6P which should mean one of the best there is
- 1080p screen is a good resolution
- notification led
- sensor hub and ambient screen sounds great - my lumia 920 glance screen was genuinely useful and this sounds similar

It does appear to be missing some features that the 6P is capable of biggest of which is electronic image stabilization which means it has no stabilization at all. Also no 240 fps slo-mo and no smartburst.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...-because-the-snapdragon-808-isnt-fast-enough/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It does appear to be missing some features that the 6P is capable of biggest of which is electronic image stabilization which means it has no stabilization at all. Also no 240 fps slo-mo and no smartburst.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...-because-the-snapdragon-808-isnt-fast-enough/

Stabilisation is a shame but the larger sensor size will help against other phones at least. And I knew it didn't have optical stabilisation, but is it missing electronic too?

iPhone 6s
I aint rich and my upgrade isn't until 2016

iPhone 6S+
see above

No one cares. Just don't shill a device, pretend to be disappointed and then buy it.
I fully shill it for anyone that doesn't have to pay such a high price. I never could have known that. And I still might not buy it even with the 100 bucks off. I just wanted to be dramatic lol. I think 379 is a great price for what you're getting on the 5X in amurrica.

You'll be able to make more of your money back on the play after a year than on the Nexus. Also way better battery life.
the battery is a huge turn on for sure

Reckoner

I vote on the 5X. If the camera is as good as they say and the screen calibrated, then it's a good phone. And you guys on the US are lucky about prices.

Reckoner

I'm in canada LOL 16gb would be 563 after taxes and 32gb would be 600 something.

so what's your vote for me.
Oh, I forgot about that. It's still a better value than what we have here in Europe.

But yeah, considering that then you would be better off with the Moto X Play for now and then get something that truly deserves the flagship price next year.

Wreav

Banned
I've got a 6S+ on order, can't decide between it and the 6S which is very good as it is.

I just want...MORE.

6P seems like the obvious choice this year if you go Android.

Reckoner

I've got a 6S+ on order, can't decide between it and the 6S which is very good as it is.

I just want...MORE.

I tried both the 6 and 6 Plus today at a store. The Plus screen is gorgeous and I love big screens for browsing and apps - like I had on my Nexus 6 -, but I then thought that such a big screen without front facing speakers is a bit of a turn off for media consumption. I'm on the same position as you, but I'm including the Z5 series on my decision. Luckily for me that all those phones only come out in one or two weeks over here.

I just want...MORE.

I went to the Apple store and tried out both; the 6S+ is far superior. Think about: Better battery, sluggish better camera, better display.

Lunar FC

Hiffie.
This is honestly the best quality my M7 can manage indoors.
JCNYwWs.jpg

There is an app call Weblock. I've never used it, but it seems to be the same as using an ad blocker on a non rooted Android phone. Only works on wifi and may involve messing with proxy settings.

Yeah, first thing I do with any android phone is root. I didn't know if jailbroken iphones had similar functionality.

Quasar

Well...the latest Nvidia shield TV announcement finally pushed me over the edge with them confirming support for audio passthrough of Dolby True HD and DTS MA lossless codecs. Now to see Plex support that.

That was one thing I was waiting around to see given Apple doesn't give a damn and other boxes don't either.

Stop buying phones you weirdo

The problems with upgrading and trying to find positives in new phones when there is nothing wrong with your current one lol Really the only feature I want on my OPO is a 1440p screen and band 12 and it would be perfect. All the phones I've been trying and I keep going back to the OPO. 6P looks like it will be a winner though. I feel like I would hate the iPhone if I get it, but I can get the 6s+ at a really good deal right now from T-Mobile.

Kevyt

I went ahead and got the Moto X Pure Style.

I like the phone so far. Not as big or heavy as I would imagine.

But still... Something inside feels like I should have waited.

Buyer's remorse incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom