• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

It's about coverage, not speed. Being a lower frequency (700mhz), band 12 has a better chance of reaching you inside buildings. If I was going to be on T-Mobile's network I would definitely make sure whatever phone I got has LTE band 12.
Are the rest of T-Mobile's LTE bands really that weak for inside coverage? How do Verizon and AT&T compare?

madmook

Are the rest of T-Mobile's LTE bands really that weak for inside coverage? How do Verizon and AT&T compare?
Verizon uses LTE band 13 and AT&T uses LTE band 17 for their 700mhz frequency coverage. T-Mobile only just recently started using LTE band 12, and they are still in the process of rolling it out across the US.

Nexus Protection is a waste of money. You pay pay for the service and then have to pay a deductible. It costs more than the cost of a screen replacement.

Nexus Protection is a waste of money. You pay pay for the service and then have to pay a deductible. It costs more than the cost of a screen replacement.

If you would just put a goddamn case and screen protector on your phone, total outlay $30, you wouldn't need any goddamned phone insurance unless you are really unlucky or clumsy.

gcubed

My wife has broken her phone once and her screen twice in two years. I'm not sure what you think it costs to get your screen replaced, but depending on where I go locally it's ~125. That's a savings of $10 for a single incident. Any 2nd breakage or phone issue in the 2nd year is pure profit for me.

So, uh... Does anyone have a recommendation for Android game controls with clips?

Preferably something with a nice, clicky dpad. Would like to max my budget at $50 but I can stretch further.

holdat

77766.png

77765.png

77731.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9558/the-samsung-galaxy-note5-and-galaxy-s6-edge-review/2

If you would just put a goddamn case and screen protector on your phone, total outlay $30, you wouldn't need any goddamned phone insurance unless you are really unlucky or clumsy.

Exactly. I got a $10 Tudia case on my OPO and it has protected it from several drops with no damage to the phone.

My wife has broken her phone once and her screen twice in two years. I'm not sure what you think it costs to get your screen replaced, but depending on where I go locally it's ~125. That's a savings of $10 for a single incident. Any 2nd breakage or phone issue in the 2nd year is pure profit for me.

So locally it's $125 for a broken screen. Isn't Nexus Protect like $89 + a $79 deductible? That's $168 bucks so you are still losing if you only break your screen one time.

gcubed

Exactly. I got a $10 Tudia case on my OPO and it has protected it from several drops with no damage to the phone.

So locally it's $125 for a broken screen. Isn't Nexus Protect like $89 + a $79 deductible? That's $168 bucks so you are still losing if you only break your screen one time.

69+79

Only on my wife's phone which will be the 5X.
I'll take my chances that there will be enough damage in two years to replace it twice. It's a pretty good bet

Nicktendo86

Got my moto x style yesterday! Great device so far, very fast and snappy and the screen is gorgeous. Been off charger for 16 hours now with nearly 4 hours screen on time and 10% left on my very first charge, not bad at all.

jetsetrez

Man, why did Google have to skimp out on 3GB RAM for the 5X. I would've ordered one already if it had that. It's nitpicky, but I feel like this phone would've felt like a much better value if it were just $30 less at the original's $350. I guess that's why they threw in the Google Play gift card.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man, why did Google have to skimp out on 3GB RAM for the 5X. I would've ordered one already if it had that. It's nitpicky, but I feel like this phone would've felt like a much better value if it were just $30 less at the original's $350. I guess that's why they threw in the Google Play gift card.

For the US. For all other countries, they raised the price by 20-30% and removed the gift card :p

God I'll never stop being salty about this. y u do dis to me googy. Where's my X Play already.

kinggroin

Banned
Alternatives to the Nexus 5X that isn't $430 goddamn dollars?

Google probably added the $30 because fuck you I'm Google

Nexus 6 if Android pay via finger print reader isn't a priority and you want the latest version of Android.

One Plus Two if you're willing to forego longer battery life, 6" AMOLED display, stereo speakers, latest version of Android and NFC for a 64-bit chip, quick charging and fingerprint reader (that won't work with Android pay).

Choices are limited to say the least. I'd fork over the extra $30.

Gandalf

My account got charged today for the Nexus 6P order FWIW. Hopefully they means they're planning on shipping soon. If it does come quicker than the 2-4 November expected delivery date, I'll be posting some impressions! Heck... I'll just post impressions when it arrives anyway. Can't wait!

My account got charged today for the Nexus 6P order FWIW. Hopefully they means they're planning on shipping soon. If it does come quicker than the 2-4 November expected delivery date, I'll be posting some impressions! Heck... I'll just post impressions when it arrives anyway. Can't wait!

Did you get charged today or is it just the holding charge from the 29th?

I still have the latter.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fingerprint sensor and 64 bit chip, tho
Fingerprint, ok. 64 bit idgaf and no one else should, either. It isn't a thing yet. We are in the infancy, which is good, but poors shouldn't care.

Nexus 5 Resale value is pretty good.

I saw it sold for $170 on Swappa.

So the seller made $155, or $145 after shipping.

Excuse me for Double Post.

Nicktendo86

Can anyone recommend the best phone for my wife for under £200? She hates her lg g4c which she got cos of the size, 5" screen is perfect for her but the 1gb ram is awful. Was thinking the moto g?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom